Original Colours Of Khalsa

Gurdwara Singh Sabha Surrey BC (known for being dhundha supporters) has recently raised a blue Nishan Sahib at the gurdwara sahib. This came as a shock to some of my fellow Sikh brothers, because they are always called missionaries and whatnot,and they didn't expect it to be blue. But then I did a bit of reading and discovered the original colours of the Nishan Sahib are actually Basanti (Yellow with a slight bit of orange) and Blue. Nowadays we have saffron Nishan sahib, and apparently it isn't even a khalsa army colour and it belongs to the hindus. Even the Panj at Nagar Kirtans wear saffron, along with the thousands of sangat who are encouraged to wear saffron on that day. I say next year we should start a campaign to change back our original colours before gurdwaras start doing Nishan sahib Sevas. Just an idea.

Guest Jacfsing2

There are 4 colors of the Khalsa: Black, White, Blue, and Saffron. Nishan Sahib can be Saffron or Blue. Black is a color of protest, and originally wasn't one of the Khalsa colors. Why would you want Kascheras as another color than white?

Guest Jacfsing2

Defo!

Just to get nerdy - blue kasheras weren't unknown either.

jsjsbs.jpg

I just didn't know why OP would ask the question, it's not about the Kaschera color, but most likely people won't check whether your wearing the right Kaschera.