Keeping Hair But Trimming Beard And Diet

Guest Isingh

Guest Isingh

I'm 23 and Mona. But the last year or so iv become really interested in sikhi. Iv stopped eating meat about a month back, stopped drinking, I read paath in the morning sometimes, do simran and have started going gurudwara 3/4 times a week, I only use to go like 3 times a year before! My parents have noticed the change too, dad thinks it's funny while mum is supportive. I have had the temptation to drink(I use to drink everyday) but each time I remind myself of trying to become a better sikh and not ruin it, which does help.

Last few weeks iv been thinking of not cutting my hair anymore but I'm not ready to grow dhari out yet.everyone starts somewhere. Or is there really no point in just keeping my hair but trimming beard? Just really confused dont know what to do. I never thought I would become vegetarian and then have thoughts of keeping my hair.

Also now that I don't eat meat I have started eating alot of crisps,sweets, chocolates.energy drinks etc! This isn't good, so just wondering what does everyone else eat?

Thing is I only have goreh kaleh and pakistanis around me so I don't know who to discuss this with. Sisters an atheist, mum don't know much and dad does Hindu stuff! My relatives/family are a dysfunctional bunch! No point me discussing with them

Also now that I don't eat meat I have started eating alot of crisps,sweets, chocolates.energy drinks etc! This isn't good, so just wondering what does everyone else eat?

Your body needs protein so get it from peanuts, cashews, walnuts, almonds, brazil buts, pista etc. Stock regular snacks like dried fruits - dried apricots, dates, etc.

Increase your fruit intake too - apples, oranges, bananas etc. Try different types of fruits too.

Last few weeks iv been thinking of not cutting my hair anymore but I'm not ready to grow dhari out yet.everyone starts somewhere. Or is there really no point in just keeping my hair but trimming beard? Just really confused dont know what to do. I never thought I would become vegetarian and then have thoughts of keeping my hair.

The natural progression of your path will be that you will want to take Amrit one day, after having started to do the punj baniya everyday. Then you will have to stop trimming your beard. So this would be a step to start working towards slowly.

If you could come this far, this you will want to naturally keep your journey going. I mean - you will be making further steps into sikhi. What you read does influence you. If you keep reading bani and good books, then you will one day reach a stage where you will not want to be trimming your beard at all.

People around you will come to accept you for what you are changing yourself into. The secret is to follow your own natural instinct. The path which is set our for every individual is different. You could be the only religious one in a community of atheists. This path is usually accessible to very few people. Gurbani says there are very few people in the world who would be able to do sass sass simran. These are the type of people whose charan dhuur we usually ask for.

Gursikha ki har Dhuur dheh hum papi bhi gat paye.

http://www.sikhnet.com/gurbani/audio/gursikha-ki-har-door-deh

jina saas giras na visre

Finally it is important to realise that this awakening is caused by Guru Ji himself because of some of your past good karam. Otherwise the world just roams around lost.

Congrats on coming this far! But don't insult yourself bro.

It only takes a rudimentary education and an iota of courage to be clean bearded. Read what you need and stop living in the prison of your fear.

Think about it bro. It's a absolute despicable shame that so many punjabis claiming Sikhi could not grow a beard. But as soon as their Hollywood white male admiration interests grew one, they couldn't shave. Impotent sheeps mane. Their white masters fashion will shear those sheep soon enough. Be a lion bro.

p.s. as for the race reference , colonial slavery mindset still exists. But to my white bro Sikhs, you are amongst the bravest and most precious lions.

I'm 23 and Mona. But the last year or so iv become really interested in sikhi. Iv stopped eating meat about a month back, stopped drinking, I read paath in the morning sometimes, do simran and have started going gurudwara 3/4 times a week, I only use to go like 3 times a year before! My parents have noticed the change too, dad thinks it's funny while mum is supportive. I have had the temptation to drink(I use to drink everyday) but each time I remind myself of trying to become a better sikh and not ruin it, which does help.

Thing is I only have goreh kaleh and pakistanis around me so I don't know who to discuss this with. Sisters an atheist, mum don't know much and dad does Hindu stuff! My relatives/family are a dysfunctional bunch! No point me discussing with them

Watch Basics of Sikhi videos, they are good for motivation.

Facebook:

https://m.facebook.com/Everythings13.BasicsofSikhi

YouTube:

https://m.youtube.com/user/basicsofsikhi

Twitter:

https://mobile.twitter.com/everythings_13?lang=en-gb

http://www.basicsofsikhi.com

Guest Isingh

Thanks guys that helped, i will definitely follow everything you said .only the other day I was at nagar kirtan and looking at the other guys my age who have taken amrit, I was thinking this is what I should be like. I'm reading about sikh history all the time and find it very inspirational.

Bahut wadia veere, jinna ku kar skde ho kro

Example vajo, me vi pehla kesh te rakhda si, dahdi katda si, khanda peenda te hai ni si wese

Fer houli houli mann bnda gya, do saal pehlo dahdi rakhan lai tyaar hoya, mahina ku rakhi fer kat lei,

Mooh te dahdi thohdi jehi aa jaan te me hath ferda te sochda, dahdi vadh gyi hai, chalo katt deiye hun

Par veere hun mooh vi oho aa, hath vi oho aa, do saal ho challe, jdo mooh te hath ferda hun lagda ke dahdi hor vadh jaawe, sara kush oho a par soch bdall gei, agle saal singh saj jana, path vi krda , nitnem to bina extra vi kride, chalde firde vi krn di try krda, geet gaane movies vi ni dekhda sunda

Eh sav ta dasya ke veer tusi jo start kitta hai very gud, mann naal dhakka krke dahdi na rakhio, kesh rakhan da mann hai rakhlo, dahdi katann da aje nahi mann te na rakho, par guru sahib ji nu matha tek ke ohna de sahmne thohda time bethya kro, ohna ne aapne aap tuhada mann bnaa dena

Baki veere sikhi wall aan lai slowly slowly apne dost jrur bdal lei, ja eh kehlo saade dost ta eho chounde aa ke asi ohna naal peg sheg laya kriye, singha naal dosti krio, te agge vadho

Bahut bhaaga waale ho

Congrats

Baki veeer diet di chinta na kro, vegetarian food cho bhut jiada power hai je taste pishe na jawo, nale vegetarian valia nu bimaria ghat lgdia, asi kri jaane blood donate krn gye si pishle week, mere naal de jo beef chiken vgera khande aa, ohna to sav to jiada blodd haemoglobin si, 18.5gm lol

Khichdo kamm nu ??