Need Help Slipping Away From Rehat

Guest Confused

Guest Confused

WjkkWjkf

I took amrit a few months back and it was magical. I lived a normal life, attended events and high profile parties and all was fine.Things seem to change a little before I went to Bali for a convention; also my path was lessening. I went to eating some meat as I read a hukumnama from Akhal Takht Sahib, saying that we could and I was simply not adjusting to vegetarian fare which I had never eaten. I was almost doing fine, till I met this man. I met him and my prayers stopped and I almost gave into temptation. He constantly encouraged me to violate amrit saying he too was an amritdhari once but his Guru was Guru Nanak, who laid down no rules and a loving God did not care if we followed rules.

I met him again yesterday and he offered me a job, where I would have an amazing position, if I cut my hair. My answer was obvious I do not want any job, where i cannot follow rehat.

However I feel I have violated my amrit and do not know what to do. Living without amrit is like burning each day and yet I feel I do not deserve to even go and ask maafi from panj pyare. Should I go and renew my amrit or should I wait. If I wait would I keep getting into this pit and if I go what if I make a mistake again??

Help me please.

Benji,

When you took amrit did the the panj piaray not say to refrain fromm meat/eggs/fish/alcohol? Then why veer from the maryadha you were given? Did you not know that a veggie diet was on the cards? So now you have violated your amrit willingly so need to present yourself to the panj piaray.

I would stay away from this guy you have met, he has drowned and he will drag you down as well.

If he is a 'Sikh' of Guru Nanak then does he not know that there is no difference between Guru Nanak Dev Ji and Guru Gobind Singh Ji? That the jyote was the same that the mission stated by Guru Nanak was completed by the tenth Nanak Guru Gobind Singh Ji?

WjkkWjkf

I took amrit a few months back and it was magical. I lived a normal life, attended events and high profile parties and all was fine.Things seem to change a little before I went to Bali for a convention; also my path was lessening.

I took amrit a few months back and it was magical. I lived a normal life, attended events and high profile parties and all was fine.Things seem to change a little before I went to Bali for a convention; also my path was lessening. I went to eating some meat as I read a hukumnama from Akhal Takht Sahib,

If it was just a few months back - then it was just a short while ago. It was magical because prayer was the one making it magical. You are supposed to keep and feel that magic alive everyday with the help of sangat, nitnem, regular prayer and also looking into your daily life and making necessary amends.

Your heart does not seem to be where your mind was - basically you were not prepared to embrace a veg life - as you were reading a hukamnama and you were looking for every excuse to return back to your old ways.

I was almost doing fine, till I met this man. I met him and my prayers stopped and I almost gave into temptation. He constantly encouraged me to violate amrit saying he too was an amritdhari once but his Guru was Guru Nanak, who laid down no rules and a loving God did not care if we followed rules.

I met him again yesterday and he offered me a job, where I would have an amazing position, if I cut my hair.

Meeting this man, you stopped your prayers. This is what should have been a warning sign to you. If you find yourself slipping from prayers, it is because one of the 5 thieves are approaching you. If you had been having a routine of sangat, good books, good friends, good prayer routine and some daily resolve e.g do chaupai everyday no matter what, you may have had the strength to resist.

My answer was obvious I do not want any job, where i cannot follow rehat.

Your consciousness is warning you here. You want to stick with the rehat. You have realised your mistake before you have slipped down and it is too late. Time for action.

However I feel I have violated my amrit and do not know what to do. Living without amrit is like burning each day and yet I feel I do not deserve to even go and ask maafi from panj pyare. Should I go and renew my amrit or should I wait. If I wait would I keep getting into this pit and if I go what if I make a mistake again??

More important than amrit at this stage is you having to make personal adjustments to your life for at least an year before taking amrit again.

When you realise your mistake and decide to make amends, Guru Ji understands and forgives you. However sins are not just cancelled. You have to do Naam jap. This will help you make the necessary amends to your mental attitude. Make amends to your diet and read up on healthy veg options. Work on your routine. You still want to keep your hair which is good. I have known ladies who have given in to men - cut their forgotten everything and then.... its just a downward story from there.

Be warned - there are men out there who are sikh and they will drag down sikh women and make all sorts of excuses in the name of religion to make you quit your amrit. AVOID SUCH COMPANY (And they are also very highly educated ones - which throws further sand into your eyes. LOOK FOR SADH SANGAT and good naam japan dhi company)

You can Naam net if you want - it will help you motivated to keep up your Naam japp which is the most important for you at any stage.

Regular Naam jap will also bring to you good company and good opportunities. When you are mentally ready - by all means go for Amrit - go and confess your wrong and take Amrit when you are more prepared to stay in rehat. Don't rush into things and fall into the pattern of taking Amrit over and over again.

Magic is all in the Naam - as you have realised. Without it is all but a burning world out there - jagat jalandha. Use Naam to neutralise it.

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa

Waheguru ji ki Fateh

There is famous proverb

"Prevention is better than cure"

Meaning, it's easier to stop something happening in the first place than to repair the damage after it has happened.

Think about marriage first !

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa

Waheguru ji ki Fateh

Though this is really wisdom at its purest its sometimes not enough and needs dissection,

So ill try break it down further, everyday is a battle vs the mind its easier to do what the mind wants us to do, just follow the flow but once we fall in to bad habits it takes twice the effort sometimes to break away, and when we understand it was a mistake it leads to depression and sadness and we start thinking why are things so bad for me, why have I been cursed, i dont want to be like this and so on.. So my advice is have a good little sit down and go over everything in your mind over the pluses and negatives and come to a grown up decision about which path you want to take

1 Guru's way which is by far the most golden form of love and logical thinking

2 or the day to day chaos of what the mind yearns

Guest Sukhwinder Singh

WjkkWjkf

I feel I have violated my amrit and do not know what to do. Living without amrit is like burning each day and yet I feel I do not deserve to even go and ask maafi from panj pyare. Should I go and renew my amrit or should I wait. If I wait would I keep getting into this pit and if I go what if I make a mistake again??

Help me please.

Sikh Jee,

Amrit can never be violated, it is your oath to lead a pure life, which you have probably not fulfilled. So, just redouble your will power and start walking again, and pray Wahiguru to guide and support you.

And this game is two sided, if Wahiguru assists you, you also play your role, by constantly remembering Him, through His simran.

Be and stay brave, you are a gursikh.