Hmmm...5 Leaves For Shaheedi Degh - Marijuana Or Not?

ms514

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

The leaves to make Shaheedi Degh - what exact cannabis is it? There is the bred for recreational use marijuana strain, which has a very high THC content; and there are some cannabis, of which some varieties have a very low THC contact and a much higher CBD content.

Why ask, you say? CBD also seems to have medicinal properties without the high and THC...well, gets you high, but also seems to have medicinal properties.

If the Nihung Singhs are using specific varieties of cannabis that are bred or known to have low THC and high CBD, there may be more to their use of cannabis that meets the eye for health reasons and may promote health overall.

Would be interesting to delve into this further, as the current medical profession is looking hard at CBDs for a variety of diseases.

http://www.medicaljane.com/2012/12/20/cannabidiol-cbd-medicine-of-the-future/

I've been offered cannabis in the past by a friend for my health condition but I refused it.

There is Sativex, a mouth (oromucosal) spray containing two chemical extracts derived from the cannabis plant: delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD), but the side effects put me off, and I'm not sure if I could still get it, as my consultant would have prescribed it by now, but hasn't.

Ummm.......you have to wonder about a man that is awake at 01:14 hrs on Saturday night /Sunday morning with nothing on his mind but marijuana. :nono:

The leaves to make Shaheedi Degh

Calling it 'shaheedi degh' is just an attempt to give drugs a sense of respectability among those sikhs who are inclined towards narcotic substances. i.e..bani is not good enough for them......simran is not good enough for them.....sangat is not good enough for them. They need drugs in order to reach a stage that Gurbani on its own can take other Sikhs.

what exact cannabis is it?

It grows wild all over Punjab. You'll find it in other people's fields if not your own. It (bhang), unlike the cannbis smoked all the world, is made from the male plant and is made from the leaves and flowers of the plant. As it grows wild in the fields there the general rule among these natural plants is that the shorter the plant the higher the thc levels....i.e the taller plants will have lower thc.

If the Nihung Singhs are using specific varieties of cannabis

Thats a clever ploy I've noticed among 'Sikhs' who are attracted by drugs. Even though it is Hindus who have been 'religiously' making and drinking bhang for thousands of years and 99.9% of the people that drink bhang in order to pretend to be on a higher spiritual level and also those thatdrink it to lose inhibitions and molest each other during, for example, holi are Hindu......The Sikh that has junkie inclinations and capabilities will ignore the 99.9% reality and simply mention the 0.1% (nihungs) in order to give the impression that it is a 'Sikh' thing with a rightfull place in Sikhi.

What ? What you trying to tell us ?

Cat got your tongue ? Not have any views of your own ? Not capable of articulating your own views ?

Your post is a complete mystery but......if you're trying to use a mortal 'man's' ideas and beliefs about our 10th master using drugs....and pass it off as definitive proof of the truth even though you know that all mortal men are inherently flawed, I will retort with some fundamental truths:

1. Guru ji was clear and adamant about the strict ban on all intoxicants. Only a mentally ill mental inpatient of a facility catering for the mentally ill with a big sign on the front saying 'Drop off your mentally ill here' would argue that bhang does not intoxicate the mind.
  2. The Sikh art of war requires extreme close hand eye co-ordination. The use of bhang will completely and utterly destroy hand eye co-ordination...thus rendering the user as useful in the battlefield as a hamster running in the grand national.
  3. This, somewhat, explains why these so called 'nihungs' have not actually fought in any of our battles for the last 100 years but choose instead, to run and hide every time the battle has come to us, and choose instead to be pretend warriors pretending to be battle ready, afraid of hard work (as that 'bhang' destroys a man's natural ambition to work hard, earn and go forward in life) and get high and throw hindu holi colours at each other at hohala mohalla in gay abandon. :nono:

clever ploy

Everything is a conspiracy, right? Also, after looking at the time the OP posted, what if the world doesn't revolve around you and he is actually from another time zone?

Anyways, on topic, when I went to Punjab i saw a Nihang Singh in Bathinda with a katar. Mama ji and I stopped him and we talked and he was happy that there are Sikhs abroad so he invited us to his house. He offered us some ragra but my mama ji and I declined, I had no idea what was offered until my mama ji told me outside haha.

They actually do it, but I think most do it as a nasha now instead of medicinal purposes. If you hear stories in pinds of our grand and great grandparents - you'll hear there were desi medicine makers who made dwaiyaan out of plants similarly to how a lot of medicine is made here in the west (but not nearly as advanced obviously).

I worked in the ER for a small time last year and I asked one of the doctors about those who prescribe marijuana to patients and whether or not he thought it was a legitimate medicine, but his reply is that no 'real' doctor actually prescribes marijuana. With that said there are a lot of research that changes very fast in the medical field so just one doctor isn't enough of a source - especially when the question was asked in a casual manner.

Interesting katha

They actually do it,

What you mean "they actually do it" ?

What you telling me that for ?

I'm the one here...on a previous thread....who gave a detailed account of my experience in my pend after being given it by the granthi in our Gurdwara while my family were having an akhand path here.

I''ll repeat it again: They.....because they are a bunch of un-padh cretins who wouldn't know real Sikhi if it jumped up and bit them on the bottom...drink it. They gave me a glass. It was mixed with milk, almonds and spices and this ensured it will do the rounds in my body's digestive system before finally hitting my head in one almighty explosion a few hours later without warning. And thats exactly what it did. An hour went by....nothing. Two hours went by....nothing. And then, almost like clockwork on the 3rd hour it sudden;y hit my head like a hammer blow. In total and complete intoxication......in total nasha.....without any sense or reason....I ran out of the Gurdwara like a mad man....stole someone's bicycle and went riding through someone's sunflower fields with the tune of Zorba the Greek playing in my head in a loop. I then ran into some people in the pend. Stood there in the middle of them like a mental case and time went very very very slowly.

So thats a man on 'shaheedi degh'. A complete and utter tosser and loser, high as a kite, totally useless in the battle field....not least because the enemy will slice him in two before his warped concept of time even allows him to realise there's a man behind him with a sword let alone turn and swing. Lets compare that then, to a true chardi kala Singh of Sri Gobnd Singh Ji.........a man forever ready for battle....forever in his senses.....always working hard for a living.....never losing his ambition.....always getting on in life.

The two are not compatible. Those espousing the use of bhang here on this thread are nothing short of dirty, useless, lazy, good-for-nothing junkie material.....desparately looking for spiritual and religious justification to fullfill their heart's desire for nasha.