• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MrHSinghK

Chandi Charitar

6 posts in this topic

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ka Fateh

I am looking for some tips and if anyone can share experince on Chandi Chirtar 1st part as I have noticed nobody has written and metioned on the forums online.

I have done Chandi Di Vaar, Shastar Naam Mala, Brahm Kavach, Sri Bhaguti Astotar and some parts of Ugardanti with my 5 Bani's and I would like to how it feels afterwoods reading the first Chandi Chritar cos someone said its lot more strict the marayda and the lines sounded scary.

Like it is written

ਚੰਡਿ ਚਰਿਤ੍ਰ ਕਵਿਤਨ ਮੈ ਬਰਨਿਓ ਸਭ ਹੀ ਰਸ ਰੁਦ੍ਰਮਈ ਹੈ ॥
चंडि चरित्र कवितन मै बरनिओ सभ ही रस रुद्रमई है ॥
I have narrated this Chandi Charitra in poetry, which is all full of Rudra Rasa (sentiment of ragge).

ਏਕ ਤੇ ਏਕ ਰਸਾਲ ਭਇਓ ਨਖ ਤੇ ਸਿਖ ਲਉ ਉਪਮਾ ਸੁ ਨਈ ਹੈ ॥
एक ते एक रसाल भइओ नख ते सिख लउ उपमा सु नई है ॥
The stanzas one and all, are beautifully composed, which contain new sillies from beginning to end.

ਕਉਤਕ ਹੇਤ ਕਰੀ ਕਵਿ ਨੇ ਸਤਿਸਯ ਕੀ ਕਥਾ ਇਹ ਪੂਰੀ ਭਈ ਹੈ ॥
कउतक हेत करी कवि ने सतिसय की कथा इह पूरी भई है ॥
The poet hath composed it for the pleasure of his mind, and the discourse of seven hundred sholokas is completed here.

ਜਾਹਿ ਨਮਿਤ ਪੜੈ ਸੁਨਿ ਹੈ ਨਰ ਸੋ ਨਿਸਚੈ ਕਰਿ ਤਾਹਿ ਦਈ ਹੈ ॥੨੩੨॥
जाहि नमित पड़ै सुनि है नर सो निसचै करि ताहि दई है ॥२३२॥
For whatever purpose a person ready it or listens to it, the hgoddess will assuredly grant him that.232.

so sangat's views and experince would be nice to read or private message .

Thanks Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Fateh

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ka Fateh

I am looking for some tips and if anyone can share experince on Chandi Chirtar 1st part as I have noticed nobody has written and metioned on the forums online.

I have done Chandi Di Vaar, Shastar Naam Mala, Brahm Kavach, Sri Bhaguti Astotar and some parts of Ugardanti with my 5 Bani's and I would like to how it feels afterwoods reading the first Chandi Chritar cos someone said its lot more strict the marayda and the lines sounded scary.

Like it is written

ਚੰਡਿ ਚਰਿਤ੍ਰ ਕਵਿਤਨ ਮੈ ਬਰਨਿਓ ਸਭ ਹੀ ਰਸ ਰੁਦ੍ਰਮਈ ਹੈ ॥

चंडि चरित्र कवितन मै बरनिओ सभ ही रस रुद्रमई है ॥

I have narrated this Chandi Charitra in poetry, which is all full of Rudra Rasa (sentiment of ragge).

ਏਕ ਤੇ ਏਕ ਰਸਾਲ ਭਇਓ ਨਖ ਤੇ ਸਿਖ ਲਉ ਉਪਮਾ ਸੁ ਨਈ ਹੈ ॥

एक ते एक रसाल भइओ नख ते सिख लउ उपमा सु नई है ॥

The stanzas one and all, are beautifully composed, which contain new sillies from beginning to end.

ਕਉਤਕ ਹੇਤ ਕਰੀ ਕਵਿ ਨੇ ਸਤਿਸਯ ਕੀ ਕਥਾ ਇਹ ਪੂਰੀ ਭਈ ਹੈ ॥

कउतक हेत करी कवि ने सतिसय की कथा इह पूरी भई है ॥

The poet hath composed it for the pleasure of his mind, and the discourse of seven hundred sholokas is completed here.

ਜਾਹਿ ਨਮਿਤ ਪੜੈ ਸੁਨਿ ਹੈ ਨਰ ਸੋ ਨਿਸਚੈ ਕਰਿ ਤਾਹਿ ਦਈ ਹੈ ॥੨੩੨॥

जाहि नमित पड़ै सुनि है नर सो निसचै करि ताहि दई है ॥२३२॥

For whatever purpose a person ready it or listens to it, the goddess will assuredly grant him that.232.

so sangat's views and experince would be nice to read or private message .

Thanks Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Fateh

What exactly would you like us to say?

What exactly would you like us to say?

That is it safe to do the paath of it ? Any dangers, side effects etc ?

That is it safe to do the paath of it ? Any dangers, side effects etc ?

I highly doubt there are any dangers to any bani. But I'll let someone with more bhagti and Gurprassad answer your question better.

Chaupai sahib has similar lines as well - at the end. Sukhmani sahib also says sarab ichsha ta ki puran hoe.

What you want very very deep inside your heart does become true. That is why it is important to want and also yearn for the right thing which is like naam simran. Sometimes however worldly things get the better of us. However we are human and can only try.

Reading and concentrating on bani will help us make the right choices especially the shabad mangna mangan nika - har jas Gur te mangna. All the good things which we pray for in ardaas everyday are naam dhaan, sikhi dhaan, bharosa dhaan, sidak dhaan and bibek dhaan. Pray and wish for sarbat dha bhalla and do not wish bad on anyone. Get rid of all negativitity i.e lying, jealousy, anger, lust, attachments, pride, ego as much as you can. It is an everyday struggle, but you just need to keep going.

Chandi chariter name was changed by Guru sahib and he gave name Chandi charter ukti bilas.

That means chandi episode of Guru sahib's vision.

Chandi narrative in Dasam Granth differs from what is written in Hindu texts.Guru sahib has held God as supreme and says it is He who created chandi.

So characteristics of chandi have been changed. It is all praise of God as is written in the beginning

Edited by GPS
3 people like this