Wahiguru, hug me.
When you feel happy say:
     Wahiguru, I adore you.
When you do something, say:
     Wahiguru, help me.
When you make a mistake, say:
     Wahiguru, forgive me.  
When you go to sleep say:
     Thank you Wahiguru,  cover me with your kirpa.

Sat Sree Akal.

LIFE DOES NOT ALLOW FOR US

TO GO BACK AND FIX

WHAT WE HAVE DONE WRONG IN THE PAST

BUT IT DOES ALLOW US

TO LIVE EACH DAY 

BETTER THAN OUR LAST.

WORRY IS THE ADVANCED PRICE

YOU PAY

FOR TROUBLES

THAT MAY NEVER COME

LIFE AND TIME

ARE WORLD´S TWO TEACHERS.

LIFE TEACHES US

TO MAKE GOOD USE OF TIME

AND TIME TEACHES US

THE VALUE OF TIME

1 person likes this

Blessings

A pregnant woman was seated under a tree, very thirsty, and she needed water, but there was no water.

Suddenly she saw some drops of water dripping from the tree. She took a cup and started tapping the drops.

When water got to half the cup and she was ready to drink, a bird came and knocked the cup down, so the water was spilled. It happened three times, and the woman felt very bad.

She took a stone and killed the bird.

After the bird had died, she saw a big snake coming down from the tree. So she discovered that what she wanted to drink was not really water but poison. She felt so guilty that she had killed the bird that saved her life.

Sometimes, God is like this bird to us. He knows when we are about to take poison, but we get disappointed,  when actually, He is trying to help us.

Maybe, what you thought was water was poison.

Drop the pain, because there's something better for you.

Put your complete trust in Him, for He is the most beneficient, most merciful, & most loving Being.

Just take 2 seconds of your time & say:
Shukur hae Sachay Patshah, for all your countless blessings on me.

1 person likes this

An interesting story:

Where do birds go to die?  

Strange question, isn't it, but the answers are even stranger, or probably there is no answer at all.  

The world is populated with flocks of birds, but strangely, one never sees bodies of dead birds lying around.   Rarely one does see bird remains left behind by a careless cat or a pigeon killed in flight by the sharp kite string during the makar sankrat kite festival. But, lying around dead from a natural cause? Never!

So do birds live forever? When no answer comes to mind, what does one do? Well for many unanswered questions one does ask Google! That’s exactly what I did.  Guess what? Google had no logical answer!  

To find the answer to my question, I browsed bird watching sites skimmed through ornithology resources but with no luck; just vague and funny answers.   

Then I came across a very interesting article on ‘Dying Pattern of birds” and cited below was a controversial theory by Late Cork Bishop Cornelius Lucey that begins with the Question: “Where do birds go to die?”

Bishop challenged anyone to produce evidence of a bird that had died from a natural cause.   Bishop Lucey distinguished death from natural causes and death by predator, or death through car accident. Death through accidental or deliberate means resulted in mangled bodies we all have seen, but it is a fact, dead birds are so difficult to locate that scientists use birders to help track population in order to estimate number of annual avian deaths.

The Bishop, who had an in-depth knowledge of the life-patterns of bees, conducted the study of birds, with the same gusto. In the case of bees, the Bishop explained that bees died, by rising, into the “upper air’, and there they literally were destroyed through a natural disintegration process.  

After the study of birds he concluded that as birds had an inner sensory device, which told them when to migrate and like the bees they too had an inner sensory device which told them when it was time to die, or when their life cycle was complete.   On the premonition of death, they too like the bees rise up higher and higher till they disintegrate in the upper air.   This unpublished theory is the closest answer to my query.  

This triggers the following thought: If we go by the Bishop’s hypothesis on the dying pattern of birds for which as of date there is no counter solid scientific theory, then it would not be out of place to conclude that birds are at a higher plane than humans since the birds actually KNOW when they are going to die, something that even the so-called evolved, aware and intelligent human race does not know!   That when a bird knows that it has lived enough, seen enough, it can happily leave its body at will by flying high-up and just disintegrating; no age related aches, pains of suffering.

Thereby lingers the thought : Is Man, the self-proclaimed most evolved living being really at the apex of evolution pyramid?  

Or please tell where do the birds go to die....

1 person likes this

How Long Do You Worry About Your Children?

Is there an imaginary cutoff period when offspring become accountable
for their own actions?

Is there some wonderful moment when parents can become detached spectators in the lives of their children and shrug,
'It's Their life,' and feel nothing?

When I was in my twenties,
I stood in a hospital corridor
waiting for doctors to put a few stitches in my son's head and I asked,
'When do you stop worrying?'
The nurse said,
'When they get out of the accident stage..'
My Parents just smiled faintly and said nothing.

When I was in my thirties,
I sat on a little chair in a classroom and heard how one of my children talked incessantly, disrupted the class, and was headed for a career making license plates.
As if to read my mind, a teacher said,
'Don't worry, they all go through this stage and then you can sit back, relax and enjoy them.'

When I was in my forties,
I spent a lifetime waiting
for the phone to ring,
the cars to come home,
the front door to open.
A friend said,
'They're trying to find themselves. Don't worry!
In a few years, they'll be adults. They'll be off on their own, they'll be out of your hair'
My Parents just smiled faintly  and said nothing.

By the time I was 50, I was sick & tired of being vulnerable. I was still worrying over my children,
but there was a new wrinkle.. Even though they were on their own I continued to anguish over their failures, be tormented by their frustrations and
absorbed in their disappointments..
And there was nothing I could do about it.

My friends said that when my kids got married I could stop worrying and lead my own life. I wanted to believe that, but I was haunted by my parent's warm smiles
and their occasional,
'You look pale. Are you all right' ?
'Call me the minute you get home'.
Or
'Are you depressed about something?'

My friends said that when I became a grandparent I would get to enjoy the happy little voices yelling
'Grandma! Papa!'

But now I find that I worry
just as much about the little kids as the big ones.

How can anyone cope with all this worry?

Can it be that parents are sentenced to a lifetime of worry? Is concern for one another handed down like a torch to blaze the trail of human frailties and the fears of the unknown?
Is concern a curse or is it a  virtue that elevates us to the highest form of earthly creation?

Recently, one of my own children became quite irritable, saying to me,
'Where were you?
I've been calling for 3 days,
and no one answered.
I was worried.'

I smiled a warm smile.

The torch has been passed.

2 people like this

Someone made my day by posting this today...

New York is 3 hours ahead of California, but it does not make California slow.

Someone graduated at the age of 22, but waited 5 years before securing a good job!

Someone became a CEO at 25, and died at 50.

While another became a CEO at 50, and lived to 90 years.

Someone is still single, while someone else got married.

Obama retires at 55, but Trump starts at 70.

Absolutely everyone in this world works based on their Time Zone.

People around you might seem to go ahead of you, some might seem to be behind you.

But everyone is running their own RACE, in their own TIME.

Don’t envy them or mock them.

They are in their TIME ZONE, and you are in yours!

Life is about waiting for the right moment to act.

So, RELAX.

You’re not LATE.

You’re not EARLY.

You are very much ON TIME, and in your TIME ZONE Destiny set up for you.   

In conclusion don't rush to get, and don't be sad .

Make today your day!!

3 people like this

Simple rules for a healthy life

Clean your heart daily with forgiveness.

Avoid jealousy to keep yourself nourished always.

Sprinkle yourself with love, it is the sweetest perfume.

Wear a smile to give your face a perfect glow.    

Edited by harsharan000
1 person likes this

REFLECTIONS ON PARENTING

You will be gone soon
 but the children
 will be here
And nobody
can  manage anybody
 else's life
though they are with youi
yet they
belong  not to you
You may give them
 your love
but not
 your thoughts
for they have their
 own thoughts
You may house their bodies
 but not their souls
 for their souls
 dwell in the house of tomorrow
 which
you cannot visit
even in your dreams
God will take care
It is none of our business
  to be too concerned
Whatsoever we can do
 we do,
but one should not hanker
 about things going
 the way one wants
 That is very egoistic

You have given birth
 to a child,
but once he is out of the womb
he is free of you
First he depended for
 his breath on you
 when he was in the womb
 Then he will take his
 own breath
You don't say

'What are you doing?
 Are you trying to be
 free of me?
Trying to be independent?'

You feel happy,
that your child is breathing

First he will take milk from you
  then one day
 he will start
 eating on his own

First he will go on
 clinging to your  apron

and then one day
 he will leave it

You will be happy
 because the child is growing
  becoming mature
 Then finally
 one day he falls in
 love with a woman

He has found his
 woman, so he will go
 on his own way

Bless them, and
 whatsoever happens
they have to find their
 own life and their
 own meaning to
 life.

Now you are free.

Just try to find your meaning
 your life,
 your goals,
 and devote the few days
 that are left to the
 search of the
 ultimate.

Don't be concerned
 with ordinary things
I have never seen a
 single parent who is
 happy about their
 children.

Nobody is ever happy.

Even the father of Buddha
 was not happy.

He was very very annoyed
 because his son
  turned out
to be a beggar.

He became a sannyasin
 and the father was hoping
 he would become
 an emperor
 He crushed all his
 father's hopes

One thing is certain
 -- that the child is not here
 to fulfill your expectations

The child is here
 with his own destiny,
 and he will unfold
 his own destiny.
 You are trying somehow
to direct his destiny
 and that
is going to be frustrated.

So if the child
 becomes a thief,  or a
or a murderer,
of course the parents feel bad,
 and it looks logical.

But even
if he becomes a Jesus or
 a Buddha, then too,
 they feel frustrated
 because they have
 their own ideas,
and  the children try to do
 their own thing

Accept it and bless
 them.

They have
to find their own ways

Who are we to
 interfere?
And how can we?

Pray for them
but leave them
on their own.

You just try
to grow yourself.

Edited by harsharan000
1 person likes this

SELFLESSNESS

When you do something beautiful

and nobody noticed it

do not be sad.

For every morning

the Sun is a beautiful spectacle

and yet

most of the creation still remains sleeping

Edited by harsharan000

Who is richer than Bill Gates?

Someone asked Bill Gates, "Is there any person richer than you?"

He said, "Yes, only one.
Many years ago, I had been dismissed & had gone to New York airport.I read titles of newspapers there.I liked one of them and I want to buy it. But didn't  have change (coin). I abandoned."

Suddenly, a black boy called me and said “This newspaper for you.”

I said, "..but I don’t have change."

He said,“No problem, i give you free”.

After 3 months, i went there. Coincidentally, that story happened again and that same boy gave another free newspaper again.

I said, "I can’t accept. But he said, 'i give you from my profit'

After 19 years, I had been rich and I decided to find that boy.

I found him after one and half months searching.
I asked him, do you know me?

He said, “Yes, you’re famous Bill Gates.”

I said, twice you gave me free newspaper many years ago.
Now, i want to compensate it. I am going to give you everything that you want.

Black young man replied, “You can’t compensate it!”
I said, why? He said, "Because i gave you when I was poor. You want to give me when you are rich. So, how do you compensate?"

Bill Gates said, I think that black young man is richer than me.

You don't have to be rich or wait to be rich to give.

9 short stories worth reading, feeling and forwarding to all  Sangat, and mankind in general

* One of the best posts, ever gone through.....thanks to all those who decided to share these real life experiences below

1. FALL and RISE

Today, when I slipped on the wet tile floor a boy in a wheelchair caught me before I slammed my head on the ground.  He said, “Believe it or not, that’s almost exactly how I injured my back 3 years ago .

2. A FATHER'S ADVICE

Today, my father told me, “Just go for it and give it a try!  You don’t have to be a professional to build a successful product.  Amateurs started Google and Apple.  Professionals built the Titanic

3. The POWER of UNIQUENESS .

Today, I asked my mentor – a very successful business man in his 70’s – what his top 3 tips are for success.  He smiled and said, “Read something no one else is reading, think something no one else is thinking, and do something no one else is doing.

4. LOOKING BACK

Today, I interviewed my grandmother for part of a research paper I’m working on for my Psychology class.  When I asked her to define success in her own words, she said, “Success is when you look back at your life and the memories make you smile.

5. TRY and YOU shall KNOW

I am blind by birth. When I was 8 years old, I wanted to play baseball. I asked my father- "Dad, can I play baseball?" He said "You'll never know until you try." When I was a teenager, I asked him, - "Dad Can I become a surgeon?". He replied "Son, you'll never know until you try." Today I am a Surgeon, just because I tried!

6. GOODNESS & GRATITUDE

Today, after a 72 hour shift at the fire station, a woman ran up to me at the grocery store and gave me a hug.  When I tensed up, she realized I didn’t recognize her.  She let go with tears of joy in her eyes and the most sincere smile and said, “On 9-11-2001, you carried me out of world trade centre.

7. LOOKING BACK

Today, as my father, three brothers, and two sisters stood around my mother’s hospital bed, my mother uttered her last coherent words before she died. She simply said, “I feel so loved right now. We should have gotten together like this more often.”

8. AFFECTION

Today, I kissed my dad on the forehead as he passed away in a small hospital bed.  About 5 seconds after he passed, I realized it was the first time I had given him a kiss since I was a little boy.

9. SHARING

Today, I was traveling in Kenya and I met a refugee from Zimbabwe.  He said he hadn’t eaten anything in over 3 days and looked extremely skinny and unhealthy.  Then my friend offered him the rest of the sandwich he was eating.  The first thing the man said was, “We can share it.”

Remove extra lemon from water...

I still remember the day I was preparing fresh lime water for the first time...I ended up adding almost five times the amount of lemon than needed. It was a disaster.I had to correct it anyhow.

How I wish I could remove some lemon juice from water to make it taste perfect again! But alas!

Some things can never be undone. Some things can never be changed. There was no way that I know of, to remove the extra lime.

So what was the solution then?

The only way to correct this was to add four more glasses of water and dilute the lemon juice to make five glasses of fresh lime water.

This made me think..

Sometimes we cannot undo some things that have gone wrong in life. Some wrong decisions, wrong choices, wrong investments, wrong actions, wrong associations, wrong words or wrong doings can never be undone.

So what is the solution then?

When you cannot correct what is wrong, do not waste more time over it. It is like attempting to remove lemon from water.  Instead, get busy in adding so many right things in your life that the wrong seems insignificant.

We all have a negative side to ourselves. We may not be able to remove or correct all our negativities. But we can definitely continue adding positive thoughts, positive reading and positive people in our lives and dilute the negativity.

We all have to deal with some easy people and some difficult people in our lives. Do not waste time trying to change the difficult people. You will drain all your emotional energy in vain. Instead spend more time with the pleasant, positive and happy people and the difficult people will not affect you any more.

Everything in your life will never be perfect.

Do not waste too much time correcting what is wrong.

Get busy doing the right things .......