harsharan000

Words Of Wisdom

153 posts in this topic

There is no wine if grapes are not pressed

Thers is no perfume if flowers are not crushed.

So, do not be afraid if there are pressures in your life

It will bring the best out of you.

Be thankful to the Lord

Everyday is a miracle

Every momente is grace

Every heartbeat is a blessing

Every breath is from the Lord

So, be thankful to Him,

at all times.

3 people like this

On 2016-3-27 at 9:41 PM, harsharan000 said:

Carrying tomatoes !!!

A teacher asked her students to bring some tomatoes in a plastic bag to school.

Each tomato was to be given the name of a person whom that child hates.

So, the number of tomatoes would be equal to the number of persons they hate.

On a pre-determined day, the children brought their tomatoes well addressed.

Some had two, some had three and some had five, some even had 20 tomatoes in accordance with the number of people they hated.

The teacher then told them they had to carry the tomatoes with them everywhere they go for two weeks.

As the days passed the children started to complain about the decay and smell of the tomatoes.

The students who had many tomatoes complained it was very heavy to carry and the smell was too much.

After a week, the teacher asked the students “How did you feel this week?”

The children complained of the awful smell and heavy weight of the tomatoes, especially those who carried several tomatoes.

The teacher said, “This is very similar to what you carry in your heart when you don’t like some people.

Hatred makes the heart unhealthy and you carry that hatred everywhere. If you can’t bear the smell of spoilt tomatoes for a week, imagine the impact of bitterness on your heart as you carry it daily.”

The heart is a beautiful garden that needs regular cleaning of unwanted weeds.

This makes room for storing good things.

Get Better, Not Bitter!!

If I had to carry tomatoes of the same amount colleagues I hate I'll carry 8 out of 20. 12 colleagues are sound. Chalo, ehna shukar.  

7  Little truths

1st
Don’t let someone become a priority in your life, when you are just an option in their life. Relationships work best when they are balanced…

2nd
Never explain yourself to anyone. Because the person who likes you doesn’t need it and the person who doesn’t like you won’t believe it…

3rd
When you keep saying you are busy, then you are never free. When you keep saying you have no time, then you will never have time. When you keep saying that you will do it tomorrow, then your tomorrow will never come…

4th
When we wake up in the morning, we have two simple choices. Go back to sleep and dream, or wake up and chase those dreams.
Choice is yours…

5th
We make them cry who care for us.    We cry for those who never care for us. And we care for those who will never cry for us. This is the truth of life, it’s strange but true. Once you realize this, it’s never too late to change…

6th
Don’t make promises when you are in joy. Don’t reply when you are sad.
Don’t take decision when you are angry. Think twice, act once…

7th
Time is like river. You can’t touch the same water twice, because the flow that has passed will never pass again

“Someone asked a Gyani:
“What is poison?”
He had given a great answer:
“Everything excess in life, is poison”

3 people like this

A MATTER OF BELIEVING IN ONESELF

IF YOU BELIEVE YOU ARE RIGHT

STILL PEOPLE CRITICIZE YOU

HURT YOU

SHOUT AT YOU

DON´T BOTHER

JUST REMEMBER THAT

IN EVERY GAME,

ITS IS THE AUDIENCE ONLY

WHICH MAKES NOIE

NOT PLAYERS.

BE A PLAYER,  BELIEVE IN YOURSELF,

AND DO THE BEST.

SAT sREE aKAL.

4 people like this

1 hour ago, harsharan000 said:

A MATTER OF BELIEVING IN ONESELF

IF YOU BELIEVE YOU ARE RIGHT

STILL PEOPLE CRITICIZE YOU

HURT YOU

SHOUT AT YOU

DON´T BOTHER

JUST REMEMBER THAT

IN EVERY GAME,

ITS IS THE AUDIENCE ONLY

WHICH MAKES NOIE

NOT PLAYERS.

BE A PLAYER,  BELIEVE IN YOURSELF,

AND DO THE BEST.

SAT sREE aKAL.

What about those players that manipulate others or the ones that play games, when there isn't a game? Or maybe those that are hypocritical and become silent, especially the ones that you respect? Then they aren't called players, they are the audience themselves. 

@Preeet I didn't ask you anything. And I haven't read what you wrote, because I didn't ask you. 

Edited by simran345
Added anything on sentence.

SENSE OF FELLOWSHIP

A friend came to my house for coffee, we sat and talked, talking about life. At some point in the conversation, I said, "I'm going to wash the dishes and I'll be right back."

He looked at me as if I had told him I was going to build a space rocket. Then he said to me with admiration but a little perplexed: "I'm glad U help your wife, I do not help because when I do my wife does not praise. Last week I washed the floor and no thanks."

I went back to sit with him and explained that I did not "help" my wife. Actually, my wife does not need help, she needs a partner. I am a partner at home and through that society are divided functions, but it is not a "help" as household chores.

I do not help my wife clean the house because I live here too and I need to clean it too.
I do not help my wife to cook because I also want to eat and I need to cook too.
I do not help my wife wash the dishes after eating because I also use those dishes.
I do not help my wife with her children because they are also my children and my job is to be a father.
I do not help my wife to wash, spread or fold clothes, because the clothes are also mine and my children.
I am not a help at home, I am part of the house.

And as for praising, I asked my friend when it was the last time, after his wife finished cleaning the house, washing clothes, changing bed sheets, bathing in her children, cooking, organizing, etc. U said thank you

But a thank you of the type: Wow, sweetheart !!! You are fantastic!!!

Does that seem absurd to you?

Are you looking strange?

When you, once in a lifetime, cleaned the floor, you expected in the least a prize of excellence with great glory ... why?

You never thought about that, my friend?

Maybe because for you, the macho culture has shown that everything is her job.

Perhaps you have been taught that all this must be done without having to move a finger?

Then praise her, as you wanted to be praised, in the same way, with the same intensity.

Give her a hand, behave like a true companion, not as a guest who only comes to eat, sleep, bathe and satisfy needs ...

The real change of our society begins in our homes, let us teach our sons and daughters the real sense of fellowship! "

2 people like this

2 people like this

THE EXAM OF LIFE

LIFE IS THE MOST DIFFICULT EXAM

MANY PEOPLE FAIL

BECAUSE THEY TRY TO COPY OTHERS

NOT REALIZING

THAT

EVERYONE

HAS  A

DIFFERENT EXAM PAPER

LIVE BELIEVE INSPIRE

DO NOT BE DISSAPOINTED

IF PEOPLE REFUSE TO HELP YOU

Remember the words of Einstein:

I   AM THAKNFUL TO ALL

THOSE  WHO SAID

NO TO ME

BECAUSE OF THEM

I DID IT MYSELF.

Edited by harsharan000
2 people like this

Self definition

One is  not defined by one´s mistakes or one´s failures.

One is defined by how one overcomes them.

Why I Pray daily ?

What is a prayer?

Prayer doesn't just happen when we kneel or put our hands together and focus and expect things from God.

Thinking positive and wishing good for others is a prayer.

When you hug a friend. That's a prayer.

When you cook something to nourish family and friends. That's a prayer.

When we send off our near and dear ones and say, 'drive safely' or 'be safe'. That's a prayer.

When you wish good to someone, that is prayer.

Prayer is a vibration.

A feeling.

A thought.

Prayer is the voice of love, friendship, genuine  relationships.

Prayer is an expression of your silent being.

Keep praying always...🙏🙏 🙏

* I loved this interpretation of Prayer.

Edited by harsharan000
3 people like this

Source of all happiness

The real source of our happiness is Wahiguru, He Himself,

when we  stop expecting others to make us happy.

And this only happens,

when we leave all and everybody  aside, and we have Wahiguru as our sole and only anchor.

Sat Sree Akal.

2 people like this

Question: What is the best advice your mother ever gave you?

Answer By Jonathan Pettit

I was about ten. My mom had just finished creating one of her amazing meals, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Delicious. Later, as I was washing the dishes, my mom came up to me. “Sorry dinner was so awful again,” she said.

I was shocked. “What? No, it was great. I loved it.”

“Really?” she said, with mock surprise. “You always eat so quietly, never saying anything. You’ve never told me you liked my cooking, so I thought you hated it.”

“No, you’re the best cook I know.”

“Then you should tell me that,” she said. “Whenever someone does something nice for you, you should thank that person. If you don’t, then she might think she’s not appreciated and stop doing those nice things.”

Something clicked right then. From that day forward, I thanked everyone for literally everything. If you did something that even vaguely helped me, I thanked you profusely. It became a habit, something I didn’t even think about, and that’s when the magic started happening.

People liked me more. They talked to me more, shared with me, were more friendly. In my first year of high school, during the final week, I came home and found a giant freezie (a kind of sweet frozen snack) waiting for me. “Thanks, mom,” I said instinctively.

“This isn’t from me, she said. “This is from your bus driver.” He had been driving that bus for years, and my siblings and I were the first people to ever thank him as we got dropped off. Those two simple words made a huge difference, so much so that he went out of his way to tell our mom and give us a present.

That’s the power of appreciation. When you have it, all is right in the world, but when it’s missing life is empty. My mom taught me many things, but taking two seconds to say ‘thank you’ every time, in any situation, was the best.

Debriefing of this Story

You would have met people who call themselves as good critics but have you ever a person who says I am good at appreciating others? Isn't that a sad part of our society?

Let's start appreciating people more frequently especially people who are close to us.

2 people like this

COURAGE

When I arrived to have my legs amputated, I was wearing bright purple nail polish on my feet. Might as well go out in style, I figured.

A month had passed since my right arm decided to auto-amputate, just dropping off into my brother-in-law’s hands.

A few months before that, my left arm had been amputated as well. Now it was time to move on.

I had been a successful 32-year-old, doing well at work, happily married and newly pregnant. I was just back from a vacation in Cambodia and reveling in ticking one off the bucket list when I fell sick with a fever.

It all began rather innocently. And then it escalated, and how.

Fever became organ failure.

Organ failure became a brush with death.

Months later, I had lost both my arms and legs to a bacterial infection that the doctor had heard of only in his exam.

I raged. I was angry and hurt and upset.

Why did this happen to me? What had I done wrong?

I thought it was karma, but I couldn’t think of anything I had done this wrong.

But finally, I decided it was time to move on.

And so I ran. In the beginning, it was just to lose weight and get fit, but the challenge was addictive.

When I run, I feel like I win over my body. I can look back at Destiny and swear at how wrong it was about me.

It didn’t win. I still get to call the shots. My life, my decisions, my dreams; limbs or no limbs.

Author : Shalini Saraswathi

Edited by harsharan000
2 people like this

Right attitude.

A person once went for an interview,

in a very reputed Company.

While entering the room,

he slipped and fell on the ground.

Documents scattered all over the place.

One might think of being humiliated.
   The man picked himself up.

And with a smile on his face he spoke out loudly:

"Finally, I have fallen into the right place !"
   He was hired the very next moment.

A negative happening also can be converted into positive,

if we develop right attitude.

Edited by harsharan000
2 people like this

Bad words and bad moods

Don´t mix bad words with bad mood.

Cause one will have many opportunities to change one´s moods,

but one will rarely get a opportunity, to replace the bad words one speaks.

Edited by harsharan000
2 people like this

Common sense is not a gift,

It is a punishment.

because you have to deal with everyone who does not have it

Edited by harsharan000
3 people like this

What can meditation do?

An old Farmer lived on a farm in the mountains with his young grandson. Each morning Grandpa was up early morning and sat for meditation. His grandson wanted to be just like him and tried to imitate him in every way he could.

One day the grandson asked, “Grandpa! I try to meditate just like you but thoughts disturb me, and what I do understand I forget as soon as I come out of meditation. What good does meditation do?”

The Grandfather quietly turned from putting coal in the stove and replied, “Take this coal basket down to the river and bring me back a basket of water.”

The boy did as he was told, but all the water leaked out before he got back to the house.

The grandfather laughed and said, “You’ll have to move a little faster next time,” and sent him back to the river with the basket to try again.

This time the boy ran faster, but again the basket was empty before he returned home. Out of breath, he told his grandfather that it was impossible to carry water in a basket, and he went to get a bucket instead.

The old man said, “I don’t want a bucket of water; I want a basket of water. You’re just not trying hard enough,” and he went out the door to watch the boy try again. At this point, the boy knew it was impossible, but he wanted to show his grandfather that even if he ran as fast as he could, the water would leak out before he got back to the house. The boy again dipped the basket into river and ran hard, but when he reached his grandfather the basket was again empty.

Out of breath, he said, “See Grandpa, it’s useless!”

“So you think it is useless?” The old man said, “Look at the basket.”

The boy looked at the basket and for the first time realized that the basket was different. It had been transformed from a dirty old coal basket to now clean, inside and out.

“Son, that’s what happens when you meditate. You might not understand or remember everything, but when you meditate every day, thoughts starts to diminish, like dirty coal basket transformed to clean, in same way you tend to be pure, you will be changed, inside and out. That is the work of Meditation in our lives.

Never give up spiritual practice. By doing spiritual practice daily all heaviness and unnecessary things tend to fall and you start feeling light. This is the indication that you are evolving. Slowly you will feel peace and calmness within you. Instead of reacting you start responding."

3 people like this

Human values

One day, I was so angry, that I left home, swearing not to return, till I became a big guy.

Parents, who can't even buy me a Bike, have no rights to dream to make me an Engineer.

In my fit of anger, I didn't even realise that I was wearing my father's Shoes.

I even stole his wallet, which had some papers, torn as well, which my mother hadn't seen...

While, I was rushing on foot towards the bus station, I realised some prickly pain in my foot. I also felt dampness inside the shoe.

That is when I realised the shoe had a hole underneath.

There were no buses around.

Not knowing what to do, I started to look in my Dad's wallet. I found a loan receipt of Rs. 40,000, which he had taken from his office. A laptop bill (he had bought for me).

To my utter shock, also found a letter from his manager to wear a neat looking shoes, henceforth to the office.

I remembered my mother pestering him to buy a pair of new shoes, but he would convince her that his shoes would last another six months atleast.

Also, found an old scooter to a new bike, Exchange offer letter in his wallet.

I instantly remembered, that when I left home, my Dad's scooter was not there.

I started feeling weak in my legs, and felt like weeping uncontrollably!.

I ran back home with my foot paining, only to find my Dad nor the scooter there. I found him at the exchange offer place.

Looking at my Dad, my grief engulfed me.

I hugged him tightly and started crying loudly, said "Dad I don't need the Bike".

That is when I realised, the pain, hardship our parents go through, and the unconditional love that they give us.

Ridiculing parents when they are alive, and longing for them when they are not around, has no meaning..

Kindly tell this story to your children to help them  identify and develop human values in them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What happens when a guest comes to your house

They come and go

You don't become THEM

You might adjust a little but you don't let them run your life

Similarly... Treat sadness anger and misery as guests..don't let them become YOU

Sadness is visiting.... You don't have to be SAD

Misery is visiting... You don't have to be MISERABLE

Anger is visiting... You don't have to become ANGRY

Let these visitors visit.. It's natural... But treat them on a come and go basis

Like all negative visitors.... They will stop visiting when you don't feed them too much...

They will stop visiting when you don't become THEM..! 

Edited by harsharan000
3 people like this

Some tips ..... on how to live life gracefully

Many people feel unhappy, health-wise and security-wise, after 60 years of
age, owing to the diminishing importance given to them and their opinions.
But, it need not be so, if only we understand the basic principles of life
and follow them scrupulously. Here are ten mantras to age gracefully and
make life after retirement pleasant.

1. Never say ‘I am aged' : There are three ages, chronological, biological,
and  psychological. The first is calculated based on our date of birth; the
second is determined by the health conditions; the third is how old we feel
we are. While we don't have control over the first, we can take care of our
health with good diet, exercise and a cheerful attitude. A positive attitude
and optimistic thinking can reverse the third age.

2. Health is wealth: If you really love your kith and kin, taking care of
your health should be your priority. Thus, you will not be a burden to them.
Have an annual health check-up and take the prescribed medicines regularly.
Do take health insurance coverage.

3. Money is important: Money is essential for meeting the basic necessities
of life, keeping good health and earning family respect and security. Don't
spend beyond your means even for your children. You have lived for them all
through and it is time you enjoyed a harmonious life with your spouse. If
your children are grateful and they take care of you, you are blessed. But,
never take it for granted.

4. Relaxation and recreation: The most relaxing and recreating forces are a
healthy religious attitude, good sleep, music and laughter. Have faith in
God, learn to sleep well, love good music and see the funnyside of life.

5. Time is precious: It is almost like holding a horses' reins. When they
are in your hands, you can control them. Imagine that every day you are born
again. Yesterday is a cancelled cheque. Tomorrow is a promissory note. Today
is ready cash - use it profitably. Live this moment; live it fully, now, in
the present time.

6. Change is the only permanent thing: We should accept change - it is
inevitable. The only way to make sense out of change is to join in the
dance. Change has brought about many pleasant things.
We should be happy
that our children are blessed.

Try to change your position from darkness(spiritual ignorance) to the enlightment, in the company of true Saints. This changes our sadness into true joy.

7. Enlightened selfishness: All of us are basically selfish. Whatever we do,
we expect something in return. We should definite
ly be grateful to those who
stood by us. But, our focus should be on the internal satisfaction and the
happiness we derive by doing good for others, without expecting anything in
return.
Perform a random act of kindness daily.

If not anything else, at least pray sincerely, to live in accordance and harmony, with the laws of Nature.

8. Forget and forgive: Don't be bothered too much about others' mistakes. We
are not spiritual enough to show our other cheek when
we are slapped in one.
But for the sake of our own health and happiness, let us forgive and forget
them.
Otherwise, we will be only increasing our blood pressure.

By forgiving, we gain peace for ourselves.

Everything has a purpose: Take life as it comes. Accept yourself as you
are and also accept others for what they are. Everybody is unique and is
right in his own way.

10. Overcome the fear of death: We all know that one day we have to leave
this world. Still we are afraid of death. We think that our spouse and
children will be unable to withstand our loss. But the truth is no one is
going to die for you; they may be depressed for some time. Time heals
everything and they will go on.

3 people like this

Kindness

The kindness which one gives,

is not the same always

one gets in return.

Sometimes is more,

sometimes is less,

worstly,

none at all.

Nevertheless, one should always give,

because as per universal law,

one who willingly gives,

is more blessed,

than,

one who receives.

2 people like this

FOCUS ON PERSONAL OBJECTIVES

A youth went to the church father and said “father, I won't be going to church anymore.”
The Fr. responded “But why?”
The youth said “Ah! I saw a sister speaking bad of another sister; a brother that can't read well; the worship team living wrong; people looking at their phone during service;among so many other things wrong in the church.”
The Fr. replied “OK. But before you go, do me a favor: take a full glass of water and walk three times around the church without spilling a drop on the floor. Afterwards, leave the church if you desire.”
The youth thought : too easy!
And he walked three times around as the Fr had asked. When he finished he told the pastor he was ready.
And the Fr. asked “When you were walking around the church, did you see a sister speaking bad about another sister?”
The youth replied “no.”
“did you see anyone looking at their phone?”
“No”
“You know why?”
“No”
“You were focused on the glass, to make sure you didn't tip it and spill any water. It's the same with our life.

When our mind is focused on our own objectives, we don't have time to get distracted by others` actions/karam .”

2 people like this

The Power of Prayer

Dr. Mark, a well-known cancer specialist, was once on his way to an important conference in another city where he was going to be granted an award in the field of medical research.

He was very excited to attend the conference and was desperate to reach as soon as possible. He had worked long and hard on his research and felt his efforts deserved the award he was about to obtain.

However, two hours after the plane took off, the plane made an emergency landing at the nearest airport due to some technical snag. Afraid, that he wouldn’t make it in time for the conference, Dr. Mark immediately went to the reception and found that the next flight to the destination was after ten hours. The receptionist suggested him, to rent a car and drive himself down to the conference city which was only four hours away.

Having no other choice, he agreed to the idea despite his hatred for driving long distances. Dr. Mark rented a car and started his journey. However, soon after he left, the weather suddenly changed and a heavy storm began. The pouring rain made it very difficult for him to see and he missed a turn he was supposed to take.

After two hours of driving, he was convinced he was lost. Driving in the heavy rain on a deserted road, feeling hungry and tired, he frantically began to look for any sign of civilization. After some time, he finally came across a small tattered house. Desperate, he got out of the car and knocked on the door. A beautiful lady opened the door. He explained the matter and asked her if he could use her telephone. However, the lady told him that she doesn’t have a phone or any electronic gadget but told the doctor to come inside and wait till the weather improved. Hungry, wet and exhausted, the doctor accepted her kind offer and walked in. The lady gave him hot tea and something to eat. The lady told him that he can join her for prayer. But, Dr. Mark smiled and said that he believed in hard work only and told her to continue with her prayers. Sitting on the table and sipping the tea, the doctor watched the woman in the dim light of candles as she prayed next to what appeared to be a small baby crib.

Every time she finished a prayer, she would start another one. Feeling that the woman might be in need of help, the doctor seized the opportunity to speak as soon as she finished her prayers. The doctor asked her what exactly she wanted from the God and enquired if she thought God will ever listen to her prayers. He further asked about the small child in the crib for whom she was apparently praying. The lady gave a sad smile and said that the child in the crib is her son who is suffering from a rare type of cancer and there is only one doctor Mark who can cure him but she doesn’t have money to afford his fee and moreover Dr Mark lives in another far off town.

She said that God has not answered her prayer so far, but said that God will create some way out one day, and added that she will not allow her fears to overcome her faith.

Stunned and speechless, Dr Mark was in tears which were rolling down his cheeks.

He whispered, God is great and recollected the sequence of events. ….there was malfunction in the plane, a thunderstorm hit, and he lost his way; and all of this happened because God did not just answer her prayer but also gave him a chance to come out of materialistic world and give some time to the poor helpless people who have nothing but rich prayers.

4 people like this

Being selfless

Forget your own happiness, by creating a little happiness for others.

Because, when you are good to others, you are the best to yourself.

Just remember... the things you do for yourself, are gone, when you are gone.

But, the things you do for others, remain as your legacy.

BEHAVIOUR 

Is always

Greater than Knowledge

Because 
there Are Many Situations

Where Knowledge  fails
But, behaviour, 
Can Handle everything.

In a similar way,

we may not understand

all the gyan given to us by Guru sahiban,

but, we can at least be good Gursikhs,

with all the virtues implied in being so,

purity, humility, faithfullness to Guru Jee.

Sat Sree Akal.

4 people like this

If you develope the habit of praying for others

you will never need to pray for your ownself.

What we desire, is not always what we get,

but unknowingly many times

we get much more things

than we expect

These are called

Blessings....

We often think

when things change

we will be happy.

But the truth is

when we are happy

things will change

Ability is a good thing,

but stability is even better.

The only reason why the earth has gravity..!
Is to remind us

to keep our feet on the ground in all situations of our life..!

Edited by harsharan000

"NOT AS HAPPY AS U"

Sometimes in life...
We feel so blue,
But someone, somewhere
is not as happy as U.

Somewhere far...
At the border
When a soldier sleeps,
Missing his loved ones
He silently weeps.

Somewhere a mother