you will then see

that there is something you need to unlearn

as well as learn.

The old response needs to be unlearned,

and a new response needs to be learned.

2 people like this

Good work

A man was asked to paint a boat.

He brought with him paint and brushes and began to paint the boat a bright red, as the owner asked him.

While painting, he noticed that there was a small hole in the hull, and quietly repaired it.

When finished painting, he received his money and left.

The next day, the owner of the boat came to the painter and presented him with a nice cheque, much higher than the payment for painting.

The painter was surprised and said "You've already paid me for painting the boat Sir!"

"But this is not for the paint job. It's for having repaired the hole in the boat."

"Ah! But it was such a small service... certainly it's not worth paying me such a high amount for something so insignificant."

"My dear friend, you do not understand. Let me tell you what happened.

When I asked you to paint the boat, I forgot to mention about the hole.

When the boat dried, my kids took the boat and went on a fishing trip.

They did not know that there was a hole. I was not at home at that time.

When I returned and noticed they had taken the boat, I was desperate because I remembered that the boat had a hole.

Imagine my relief and joy when I saw them returning from fishing.

Then, I examined the boat and found that you had repaired the hole! You see, now, what you did? You saved the life of my children! I do not have enough money to pay your 'small' good deed."

_So, no matter who, when or how. Just continue to help, sustain, wipe tears, listen attentively and carefully repair all the 'leaks' you find, because you never know when one is in need of us or when God holds a pleasant surprise for us to be helpful and important to someone_.

_You may have repaired numerous 'boat holes' along the way... of several people without realizing how many lives you've saved_.

*✨So Keep up Good  work ...✨💐*

🙏 😊
I want to thank Everyone who repaired my boat this year 2016 in every way like good wishes, thoughts, love, care & prayers.

2 people like this

Questions about soul

A disciple asked his Guru- "Is there a 'Soul' in our body,? Will it not 'perish' like the body.?"

The Guru explained...

"Milk" is useful but if left as it is.. it gets spoiled...

In case you add a drop a "Buttermilk".. it becomes "Curd".. and the Milk that turns to Curd, remains for one more day without getting spoiled...

If left as it is.. the Curd gets spoiled...

Yet, if you churn the "Curd" it becomes "Butter" which doesn't get spoiled...

But, even Butter also does not remain fresh for many days.. It becomes rancid or spoiled after a few days...

But if you melt Butter in a proper manner.. It becomes pure "Ghee", which never gets spoiled...

Now, do you see that the "Milk" which gets spoiled contains "Ghee" that never gets spoiled.?

Likewise, inside the "perishable" Body, there is an "imperishable" Soul...

And it is this soul, which with Naam bhakti alone, which can become one with Him

God Bless.

Modern FairyTales

"And then the princess found herself locked in a tower surrounded by a stinky moat with crocodiles and a huge scary dragon guarding the door,"

read the mother, with her eyes wide and voice deep.

Then, she made a sad face and continued softly,

"So, the poor princess waited and waited for her prince to come--"

*"But, why was she waiting for the prince, mumma?!"*
asked the little girl, impatiently.

The mother added, "To come and save her, silly."

"But, mumma, why did she need a prince to save her?" the girl asked again.

"Uhh... hmm..." the mother was at a loss of words.

The little girl said proudly,
"If it were me, instead of waiting for years and years for a prince, I would have tamed the dragon and flew out of the window.

I would have rescued myself."

She discarded the book and walked away,
"This princess is stupid."

The mother whispered with a broad smile,
"I guess it is time to rewrite the fairy tales."

*Lets teach our daughters to be self sufficient n independent rather than waiting for a prince or a miracle to happen!

STRESS

IMG-20170107-WA0003.jpg

Edited by harsharan000
1 person likes this

Life is beautiful stay connected

Mother  is  flying  a  kite.
Her son is watching her carefully.

After some time son says "mom.
Because of the string the kite is not able to go any further higher.

"Hearing this, the mother smiles and breaks the string.
The kite goes higher and then shortly after that,
it comes and falls on the ground.

The child is very dejected and sad.

The mother sits next to him and calmly explains:
"Son, in life we reach a certain level and then we feel that there are certain things that are not letting us grow any further like Home, Family, Friends, Culture etc.

We feel we want to be  free from those strings which we believe are stopping us from going higher.

But, remember son."That our home , family, friends and culture are the things that will help us stay stable at the high heights .

If we try to break away from those strings our condition will be similar to the kite."we'll fall down soon..

*Moral:*
*"Never  go  away  from  Home  Culture,  Family, Friends  and  Relationships as they help keep us stable while we are flying high..."*

Early and late

All problems are only due to two words "early" and "late"
We dream too early..
            And act too late..
We trust too early..
            And forgive too late.
We get angry too early..
         And apologize too late.
We give up too early..
            And restart too late.
We cry too early ..
            And smile too late
Change "early" or
            It will be too "late"

COMPARISON

"Don't compare your life with others....
There's no comparison,

between the Sun & the Moon.

They shine when it's their time...

with their own virtues.

2 people like this

16 hours ago, harsharan000 said:

Early and late

All problems are only due to two words "early" and "late"
We dream too early..
            And act too late..
We trust too early..
            And forgive too late.
We get angry too early..
         And apologize too late.
We give up too early..
            And restart too late.
We cry too early ..
            And smile too late
Change "early" or
            It will be too "late"

Good quote 👍🏼

1 person likes this

A great post I got...Worthy of reading again & again...And saving it up for reading on a daily basis...

🌞50 most positive one liners...
1. Have a firm handshake.
2. Look people in the eye.
3. Sing in the shower.
4. Own a great stereo system.
5. If in a fight, hit first, and hit hard.
6. Keep secrets.
7. Never give up on anybody. Miracles happen everyday.
8. Always accept an outstretched hand.
9. Be brave. Even if you are not, pretend to be. No one can tell the difference.
10. Whistle.
11. Avoid sarcastic remarks.
12. Choose your life's mate carefully. From this one decision will come 90 per cent of all your happiness or misery.
13. Make it a habit to do nice things for people who will never find out.
14. Lend only those books you never care to see again.
15. Never deprive someone of hope; it might be all that they have.
16. When playing games with children, let them win.
17. Give people a second chance, always.
18. Be romantic.
19. Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know.
20. Loosen up. Relax. Except for rare life-and-death matters, nothing is as important as it first seems.
21. Don't allow the phone to interrupt important moments. It's there for our convenience, not the caller's.
22. Be a good loser for your loved ones.
23. Be a good winner of Hearts.
24. Think twice before burdening a friend with a secret.
25. When someone hugs you, let them be the first to let go.
26. Be modest. A lot was accomplished before you were born.
27. Keep it simple.
28. Beware of the person who has nothing to lose.
29. Don't burn bridges. You will be surprised how many times you have to cross the same river.
30. Live your life so that your epitaph could read: "No Regrets!".
31. Be bold and courageous. When you look back on life, you will regret the things you didn't do more than the ones you did.
32. Never waste an opportunity to tell someone you love them.
33. Remember no one makes it alone. Have a grateful heart and be quick to acknowledge those who helped you.
34. Take charge of your attitude. Don't let someone else choose it for you.
35. Visit friends and relatives when they are in hospital; you need only stay a few minutes.
36. Begin each day with some of your favourite music.
37. Once in a while, take the scenic route.
38. Forgive quickly. Life is short.
39. Answer the phone with enthusiasm and energy in your voice.
40. Keep a note pad and pencil on your bed-side table. Million-dollar ideas sometimes strike at 3 AM.
41. Show respect for everyone who works for a living, regardless of how trivial their job.
42. Send your loved ones flowers. Think of a reason later.
43. Make someone's day by encouraging them.
44. Become someone's hero.
45. Marry only for love.
46. Count your blessings.
47. Compliment the meal when you are a guest in someone's home.
48. Wave at the children on a school bus.
49. Remember that 80 per cent of the success in any job is based on your ability to deal with people.
50. Don't expect life to be fair...

2 people like this

USED  vs. LOVED

While a man was polishing his new car,

his 6 yr old son picked up a stone,

and scratched lines on the side of the car.

In anger, the man took the child's hand and hit it many times;

not realising he was using a wrench.

At the hospital, the child lost all his fingers due to multiple fractures.

When the child saw his father...

with painful eyes he asked, 'Dad when will my fingers grow back?'

The man was so hurt and speechless;

he went back to his car and kicked it a lot of times.

Devastated by his own actions.....

sitting in front of that car he looked at the scratches;

the child had written 'LOVE YOU DAD'.

The next day that man committed suicide. . .

Anger and Love have no limits;

choose the latter to have a beautiful, lovely life.....

Things are to be used and people are to be loved.

But the problem in today's world is that,

People are used and things are loved.

In this year, let's be careful to keep this thought in mind:

Things are to be used,

but People are to be loved.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.

Watch your words; they become actions.

Watch your actions; they become habits.

Watch your habits they become character;

Watch your character; it becomes your destiny

2 people like this

12 sentences worth their weight in gold

1 Heavy rains remind us of challenges in life. Never ask for a lighter rain, just pray for a better umbrella. That is Attitude.

2 When flood comes, fish eats ants and when flood recedes, ants eat fish. Only time matters. Just hold on. God gives opportunity to every one.

3 In a theatre when drama plays, you opt for front seats. When film is screened, you opt for rear seats. Your position in life is only relative. Not absolute.

4 For making soap, oil is required. But to clean oil, soap is required. This is the irony of life.

5 Life is not about finding the right person. But creating the right relationship.

6 It's not how we care in the beginning. But how much we care till the end.

7 Every problem has (N+1) solutions: where N is the number of solutions that you have tried and 1 is that you have not tried.

8 When you are in problem, don't think it's the End. It is only a Bend in life.

9 Difference between Man and God is God gives, gives and forgives. Man gets, gets and forgets.

10 Only two category of people are happy in life-The Mad and the Child. Be Mad to achieve a goal. Be a Child to enjoy what you achieved.

11 Never play with the feelings of others. You may win. But loose the person for lifetime.

12 There is NO Escalator to success. ONLY STEPS!!!

1 person likes this

GRATITUDE

There was a bird 🐦who lived in the desert, very sick, no feathers, nothing to eat and drink, no shelter to live and kept on cursing his life day and night.

One day an Angel was crossing from that desert, bird stopped the Angel and inquired " where are you going?" Angel replied " I am going to meet God".

So bird asked angel ' please ask God when my suffering will  come to an end?' Angel said " sure, I will and bid a good bye to bird. Angel reached God's place and shared the message of bird to Him.

Angel told Him how pathetic the condition of bird is and inquired when the suffering of the bird will going to end? God replied ' for the next seven life times the bird has to suffer like this, no happiness till then'.

Angel said when bird will hear this he will get disheartened could You suggest any solution for this.

God replied tell him to recite this mantra ' Thank you God for everything'. Angel met the bird again and delivered the message of God to the bird.

After seven days the Angel was passing again from the same path and saw that bird was so happy, feathers grew up on his body, a small plant grew up in the desert area, a small pond of water was also there, the bird was singing and dancing cheerfully. Angel was astonished how it happened, God told for seven life times there is no happiness for the bird for next seven life times, with this question in mind He went to visit God.

Angel asked his query then God replied yes it was true there was no happiness for the bird for seven life time but because the bird was reciting the mantra' Thank you God for everything' in every situation.

When bird fell down on the hot sand it said thank you God for everything, when it could not fly it said thank you God for everything, so whatever the situation may be the bird kept on repeating Thank you God for everything and therefore the seven life times karma got dissolved in seven days.

When I heard this story it landed me in a different energy zone, i felt a tremendous shift in my way of feeling, thinking, accepting and viewing life.

I adopted this mantra in my life whatever the situation I faced I started reciting this mantra ' THANK YOU GOD FOR EVERYTHING'. It helped me to shift my view from what i did not have to what i have in my life.

For instance if my head used to pain i thank God rest of my body is completely fine and healthy and i used to feel headache does not used to bother me.

In the same manner i started using this mantra in my relationship, finance, love life, social life, business, friends, maids, colleagues and everything with which I can relate. I shared this story with my spouse and children too which brought a great shift in their behaviour.

This simple mantra really had a deep impact in my life, i started feeling how blessed I am, how happy I am, how good life is.

The purpose of sharing this message is to make all of us aware how powerful is the power of gratitude is. It can reshape our life.

A simple word, a simple thought, which teaches us to be grateful for everything what we have in our life has power to dissolve the karmic baggage which we are carrying from so many life times. Lets recite this mantra continuously to experience the shift in our life.

I end this article with the beautiful lines:

Be grateful,and see the change in your attitude.
Be humble,and you will never stumble.

Edited by harsharan000

8 hours ago, harsharan000 said:

GRATITUDE

There was a bird 🐦who lived in the desert, very sick, no feathers, nothing to eat and drink, no shelter to live and kept on cursing his life day and night.

One day an Angel was crossing from that desert, bird stopped the Angel and inquired " where are you going?" Angel replied " I am going to meet God".

So bird asked angel ' please ask God when my suffering will  come to an end?' Angel said " sure, I will and bid a good bye to bird. Angel reached God's place and shared the message of bird to Him.

Angel told Him how pathetic the condition of bird is and inquired when the suffering of the bird will going to end? God replied ' for the next seven life times the bird has to suffer like this, no happiness till then'.

Angel said when bird will hear this he will get disheartened could You suggest any solution for this.

God replied tell him to recite this mantra ' Thank you God for everything'. Angel met the bird again and delivered the message of God to the bird.

After seven days the Angel was passing again from the same path and saw that bird was so happy, feathers grew up on his body, a small plant grew up in the desert area, a small pond of water was also there, the bird was singing and dancing cheerfully. Angel was astonished how it happened, God told for seven life times there is no happiness for the bird for next seven life times, with this question in mind He went to visit God.

Angel asked his query then God replied yes it was true there was no happiness for the bird for seven life time but because the bird was reciting the mantra' Thank you God for everything' in every situation.

When bird fell down on the hot sand it said thank you God for everything, when it could not fly it said thank you God for everything, so whatever the situation may be the bird kept on repeating Thank you God for everything and therefore the seven life times karma got dissolved in seven days.

When I heard this story it landed me in a different energy zone, i felt a tremendous shift in my way of feeling, thinking, accepting and viewing life.

I adopted this mantra in my life whatever the situation I faced I started reciting this mantra ' THANK YOU GOD FOR EVERYTHING'. It helped me to shift my view from what i did not have to what i have in my life.

For instance if my head used to pain i thank God rest of my body is completely fine and healthy and i used to feel headache does not used to bother me.

In the same manner i started using this mantra in my relationship, finance, love life, social life, business, friends, maids, colleagues and everything with which I can relate. I shared this story with my spouse and children too which brought a great shift in their behaviour.

This simple mantra really had a deep impact in my life, i started feeling how blessed I am, how happy I am, how good life is.

The purpose of sharing this message is to make all of us aware how powerful is the power of gratitude is. It can reshape our life.

A simple word, a simple thought, which teaches us to be grateful for everything what we have in our life has power to dissolve the karmic baggage which we are carrying from so many life times. Lets recite this mantra continuously to experience the shift in our life.

I end this article with the beautiful lines:

Be grateful,and see the change in your attitude.
Be humble,and you will never stumble.

This fiction apply to a very specific situation. The person who is unable to fend for himself, has nothing to eat, or drink.  In such a dark place, a person only has Vaheguru's praise.  When a person is able to fend for himself and has water and food, he thanks Vaheguru and has his praise.  I am looking at this fiction through Gurmat.  In the fiction the bird was helpless.  Unable to do anything to make his situation better.  This won't apply to a person Vaheguru has given the ability to learn, train and achieve food and water.  Also to accept everything as is, doesn't flow with Gurmat.  One of the Punj Pyare were named Himmat Singh.  This gives the indication to give it your all and leave the rest to Vaheguru.  Use the strength Vaheguru has given you to practice truth.  Buddha had a whole kingdom to practice truth, but he deliberately went into poverty and lost the sense to do everything and Buddha attained nothing but more grief as an end result.  

1 person likes this

No one gets a suden arise,

not even the Sun.

It takes time,

to rise the peak of success.

Just keep your efforts going,

be positive.

LIFe is good when you are happy,

but life is better,

when other people are happy because of you.

People may not reward you,

or thank you for what you do,

but when God is your reason

for loving and giving,

you will receive a greater blessing

in return.

Mar Razalan

1 person likes this

ONE HAND OF HELP

ONE WORD OF SYMPATHY

ONE ACT OF HUMANITY

ONE SINCERE SMILE WITH A SWEET HELLO,

Can change someone´s mood and life.

1 person likes this

What is the difference between Punya, Paap and Karma.?

Punya is a debit card - pay first and enjoy later.
Paap is a credit card - enjoy first and pay later.!

Karma is a kitchen, where an order cannot be placed - We are served, what we have cooked..!..

2 people like this

DEFINITION OF MUM

A Mum is a small portion of God's love in action.

She looks with her heart and feels with her eyes.  A Mum is the bank where her children deposit all their worries and hurt.  A mum is the cement that keeps her family together and her love lasts a lifetime. You can have everything in life but you only get one Mum.

3 people like this

"Our Journey Together is so Short"

A young lady sat in a bus. At the next stop a loud and grumpy old lady came and sat by her.

She squeezed into the seat and bumped her with her numerous bags.

The person sitting on the other side of the young lady got upset, asked her why she did not speak up and say something.

The young lady responded with a smile: "It is not necessary to be rude or argue over something so insignificant, the journey together is so short. I get off at the next stop.

This response deserves to be written in golden letters: "It is not necessary to argue over something so insignificant, our journey together is so short" If each one of us realized that our time here is so short; that to darken it with quarrels, futile arguments, not forgiving others, discontentment and a fault finding attitude would be a waste of time and energy.

Did someone break your heart?  Be calm, the journey is so short.

Did someone betray, bully, cheat or humiliate you? Be calm, forgive, the journey is so short.

Whatever troubles anyone brings us, let us remember that our journey together is so short. No one knows the duration of this journey. No one knows when their stop will come.

Our journey together is so short. Let us cherish friends and family. Let us be respectful, kind and forgiving to each other. Let us be filled with gratitude and gladness.

If I have ever hurt you, I ask for your forgiveness. If you have ever hurt me, you already have my forgiveness.

After all, Our Journey Together is so Short!

P.S:

If u understand these lines, u can change a lot in life.

"Do not get upset with people or situations. Both are powerless without our reaction..."

Edited by harsharan000
2 people like this

46 minutes ago, harsharan000 said:

What is the difference between Punya, Paap and Karma.?

Punya is a debit card - pay first and enjoy later.
Paap is a credit card - enjoy first and pay later.!

Karma is a kitchen, where an order cannot be placed - We are served, what we have cooked..!..

Punya:

Paap:

Karam:

1 person likes this

The tale of goat No 3

It all started one lazy Sunday afternoon in a small town near Toronto in Canada.
Two school-going friends had a crazy idea. They rounded up three goats from the neighborhood and painted the numbers 1, 2 and 4 on their sides.

That night they let the goats loose inside their school building. The next morning, when the authorities entered the school, they could smell something was wrong.

They soon saw goat droppings on the stairs and near the entrance and realized that some goats had entered the building. A search was immediately launched and very soon, the three goats were found. But the authorities were worried, where was goat No. 3?

They spent the rest of the day looking for goat No.3. The school declared classes off for the students for the rest of the day. The teachers, helpers, guards, canteen staffs, boys were all busy looking for the goat No. 3, which, of course, was never found. Simply because ………… it did not exist.

Those among us who, in spite of having a good life are always feeling a “lack of fulfillment” are actually looking for the elusive, missing, non-existent goat No.3.

Whatever the area of complaint or dissatisfaction, relationship, job-satisfaction, finance, achievements, …… An absence of something is always larger than the presence of many other things.

Let’s Stop worrying about goat No.3 and enjoy life !!!

1 person likes this

An atheist versus a believer in God.

An atheist was seated next to a young girl on an airplane, and turned to her and said:

Do you want to talk? Flights go faster if  you strike up a conversation with your fellow passanger.

The little girl who had just started to read her book, replied to the total stranger...

What would you like to talk about?

Oh I do not know. How about why there is no God ... or no heaven or hell or no life after death?  as he smiled smugly.

Okay, those could be nice topics, but let me ask you a question first.

A horse, a cow and a deer, eat all the same stuff - grass. Yet the deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, but a horse produces clumps.

Why do you suppose is that so?

The atheist visibly surprised by the little girl´s intelligence ... Thinks about it a bit, and says, hmmm, I have no idea.

To which the little girl replies, do you really feel qualified to discuss about God, heaven, hell, and life after death, when you do not even know about excrements ?

Edited by harsharan000
1 person likes this

28 minutes ago, harsharan000 said:

An atheist versus a believer in God.

An atheist was seated next to a young girl on an airplane, and turned to her and said:

Do you want to talk? Flights go faster if  you strike up a conversation with your fellow passanger.

The little girl who had just started to read her book, replied to the total stranger...

What would you like to talk about?

Oh I do not know. How about why there is no God ... or no heaven or hell or no life after death?  as he smiled smugly.

Okay, those could be nice topics, but let me ask you a question first.

A horse, a cow and a deer, eat all the same stuff - grass. Yet the deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, but a horse produces clumps.

Why do you suppose is that so?

The atheist visibly surprised by the little girl´s intelligence ... Thinks about it a bit, and says, hmmm, I have no idea.

To which the little girl replies, do you really feel qualified to discuss about God, heaven, hell, and life after death, when you do not even know about excrements ?

Lolz 😂

AMOR FATI - Learn To Love Your Fate.......

Amor fati is a Latin phrase that may be translated as "love of fate" or "love of one's fate". It is used to describe an attitude in which one sees everything that happens, including suffering and loss as, necessary. Whether one likes them or not, it is accepted with zen like serenity.

Thomas Edison was at home eating dinner. A man burst into his home, interrupting him. He had bad news. His research facility was on fire.

Now how would you imagine Edison to react? Do you imagine Edison panicking or do you hear him screaming out “Why me?” or is he deeply distraught or do you see him in deep agony?

None of these happened. Edison requested his son to go and get his mother. It seems, Edison excitedly told his son, “She’ll never see a fire like this again.”

Naturally, Edison’s son thought his father had lost his mind, and rightfully so. All of Edison’s experiments, things that could never be replicated, were inside his laboratory, burning to the ground.

“Don’t worry. It’s all right,” Edison said calmly, “All my mistakes and a lot of unnecessary rubbish have just got burnt.”

In this, Edison revealed the true nature of Amor Fati – choosing to love your fate, no matter what.

Not only was he “NOT broken-hearted”, he was revitalised. Despite losing over $1 million at the age of 67 in that fire, he persevered and made over $10 million thereafter. WOW!

I am in love with the concept of Amor Fati. Why? Because, the power that we have in life by accepting our fate is so immense that you feel nothing is impossible for you. You believe that everything has a purpose, and that it is up to you to make this purpose something positive and active.

Maybe you lost your job.

Maybe someone cheated you of your entire life’s earnings.

Maybe, your trust was broken with impunity.

Maybe, the person you love the most, is facing a life threatening disease.

Maybe, someone ill treated you.

The challenge of your life may be considerable and inescapable.

And yet you’re given the choice to greet it with a smile. And then, act..That’sAMOR FATI.

The goal of this article is not to make you feel “okay” or even “good” when terrible things happen. It’s to make you feel GREAT irrespective of what happens. If it happened, then it was meant to happen. You are meant to make the best of it.

It is unnatural, I know, to feel calmness when faced with calamities.

But see it this way. It is fuel for you to push harder when you felt lost.

It is fuel for you to work harder when you want to quit.

It is fuel for you to think big when nothing was going right. It is fuel for you to smile when all you want to do is frown.

Amor Fati, my dearest friends.

***********************************************************************************************************

Having a sharp memory

is a good quality of the brain.

But the ability to forget the unwanted things,

is a far better quality of the Heart  .... !

Edited by harsharan000
2 people like this

The Abundance Principle  

Once a man got lost in a desert. The water in his flask had run out two days ago, and he was on his last legs. He knew that if he didn't get some water soon, he would surely die. The man saw a small hut ahead of him. He thought it would be a mirage or maybe a hallucination, but having no other option, he moved toward it. As he got closer, he realized it was quite real. So he dragged his tired body to the door with the last of his strength.

The hut was not occupied and seemed like it had been abandoned for quite some time. The man entered into it, hoping against hope that he might find water inside.

His heart skipped a beat when he saw what was in the hut - a water hand pump...... It had a pipe going down through the floor, perhaps tapping a source of water deep under-ground.

He began working the hand pump, but no water came out. He kept at it and still nothing happened. Finally he gave up from exhaustion and frustration. He threw up his hands in despair. It looked as if he was going to die after all.

Then the man noticed a bottle in one corner of the hut. It was filled with water and corked up to prevent evaporation.

He uncorked the bottle and was about to gulp down the sweet life-giving water, when he noticed a piece of paper attached to it. Handwriting on the paper read : "Use this water to start the pump. Don't forget to fill the bottle when you're done."

He had a dilemma. He could follow the instruction and pour the water into the pump, or he could ignore it and just drink the water.

What to do? If he let the water go into the pump, what assurance did he have that it would work? What if the pump malfunctioned? What if the pipe had a leak? What if the underground reservoir had long dried up?

But then... maybe the instruction was correct. Should he risk it? If it turned out to be false, he would be throwing away the last water he would ever see.

Hands trembling, he poured the water into the pump. Then he closed his eyes, said a prayer, and started working the pump.

He heard a gurgling sound, and then water came gushing out, more than he could possibly use. He luxuriated in the cool and refreshing stream. He was going to live!

After drinking his fill and feeling much better, he looked around the hut. He found a pencil and a map of the region. The map showed that he was still far away from civilization, but at least now he knew where he was and which direction to go.

He filled his flask for the journey ahead. He also filled the bottle and put the cork back in. Before leaving the hut, he added his own writing below the instruction: "Believe me, it works!"

This story is all about life. It teaches us that We must GIVE  before We can RECEIVE Abundantly.

More importantly, it also teaches that FAITH plays an important role in GIVING.

The man did not know if his action would be rewarded, but he proceeded regardless.

Without knowing what to expect, he made a Leap of Faith.

Water in this story represents the Good things in Life

Give life some Water to Work with, and it will RETURN far more than you put in........!!!

1 person likes this

Edited by simran345

Gaps are created

not by what is said

But by how is said.

What is said, reaches the mind

how it is said, reaches the heart

And there is no way

to win the mind

without

winning the heart.

1 person likes this