Being Natural

Flowers blossom even in the forest, where there is nobody to admire their beauty.

Let us be good and do good, even when nobody appreciates us.

• Like 2

HURTING SOMEONE

Hurting someone can be as easy like throwing a stone into the sea,

But do you have an idea, how deep can that stone go?

• Like 2

Being human

we are human,we are not perfect

we are alive, we try things

we make mistakes, we stumble

we fall, we get hurt

we rise again, we try again

we keep learning, we keep growing,

but nevertheless, we are thankful

for this priceless opportunity, called life.

• Like 1

KEEP ME IN YOUR PRAYERS - Actual meaning

Since we always say "Keep me in your prayers" to each other, I thought of sharing a small story about the actual meaning of these
5 words. Just go on and read it and I am sure you will start thinking the way I am after reading this story.

A voyaging ship was wrecked during a storm at sea and only two of the men on it were able to swim to a small, desert-like island. The two survivors, not knowing what else to do, agreed that they had no other recourse but to pray to God.

However, to find out whose prayer was more powerful, they agreed to divide the territory between them and stay on opposite sides of the island.

The first thing they prayed for was food. The next morning, the first man saw a fruit-bearing tree on his side of the land, and he was able to eat its fruit. The other man's parcel of land remained barren.

After a week, the first man was lonely and he decided to pray for a wife. The next day, there was a woman who swam to his side of the land. On the other side of the island, there was nothing.

Soon the first man prayed for a house, clothes and more food. The next day, like magic, all of these were given to him. However, the second man still had nothing.

Finally, the first man prayed for a ship, so that he and his wife could leave the island. In the morning, he found a ship docked at his side of the island.

The first man boarded the ship with his wife and decided to leave the second man on the island. He considered the other man unworthy to receive God's blessings, since none of his prayers had been answered.

As the ship was about to leave, the first man heard a voice from heaven booming, "Why are you leaving your companion on the island?"

"My blessings are mine alone, since I was the one who prayed for them, "the first man answered, "His prayers were all unanswered and so he does not deserve anything".

"You are mistaken! "the voice rebuked him. "He had only one prayer, which I answered. If not for that, you would not have received any of my blessings."

"Tell me", the first man asked the voice, "what did he pray for that I should owe him anything?"

"He prayed that all your prayers be answered."

For all we know, our blessings are not the fruits of our prayers alone, but also those of others praying for us.

My prayer for you today is that all your prayers are answered.

Be blessed.

"What you do for others is more important than what you do for yourself".

Sat Sree Akal.

• Like 2

SIMPLE MATHS

2get and 2give

creates many problems.

So, just double it,

4get and4give,

solves many problems.

• Like 2

ATTITUDE MATTERS

An old man said:

erasers are for those,

who make mistakes.

A youth replies:

erasers are for those

who are willing to correct their mistake.

• Like 2

AWAKENING..BEING DIVINE

1. Every thought we create, word and behaviour leaves an impression on the soul.

This is like a recording on a CD. We need to be aware of our recordings which are uncomfortable for us, or for those around us, and then start creating a new beautiful recording.

2. Situations may not be pleasant, people’s behaviour towards us may not be nice - the only choice we have is what thought we create in response to them.

Our thoughts and behaviours will become our recording and will influence our destiny in this birth and future births.

3. We sometimes create thoughts like – “they rejected me; they do not love me or respect me; I care for everyone but no one cares for me.

” These thoughts become our recording. We carry the same sanskar in the next birth and feel rejected even though situations and people are nice to us.

4. People’s behaviour towards us is a reflection of THEIR personality. If someone is abusive, critical, aggressive, manipulative - they are not insulting us; they are bringing their sanskar into action.

When we remember this, we will not get hurt and the recording we create will be of compassion, not pain and rejection.

• Like 2

ATTITUDE AND KARAM

1. Often we hear the line – “We choose our birth, our family members and all the situations that are going to come in our life to learn our lessons.” Choose does not mean we make a selection. If we could choose, we would never choose problems, disease or difficult relationships.

2. Choose our birth and destiny means when we performed our karmas in the previous lives, we chose the karma and thereby chose its consequence. Everything that is going to happen to us in this life is therefore chosen by us when we chose our karmas earlier.

3. When the consequences come to us in this birth, if we respond through the same negative sanskars like we did last time, it means the same sanskar will get re-enforced. We see same patterns of problems repeating in our life, it is because we are responding through the same sanskar.

4. ‘Learning our lessons’ means this time if we respond to the situation through a positive sanskar, then the similar pattern of problems in life will stop. Suppose we carry a sanskar of rejection, then we feel rejected in relationships till we learn our lesson, that means change the sanskar. Then we will not feel rejected irrespective of the other’s behaviour.

Higher Deeper Beyond...

Staying close to fire keeps you warm.

Walking through fresh breeze, you feel refreshed.

Being in running water you feel clean.

Stay long enough in a rose garden and you start smelling like a rose.

You inherit the traits of what you are connected to.

Similarly, when you are deeply connected to God, you feel purified. In your thoughts, in your feelings and in your consciousness, you feel so pure.

The drop of water falls into the ocean and becomes the ocean. 

You dissolve and you evolve. 

You disappear and God appears.

In all, by being deeply connected to God, experience after experience, you experience the Higher, Deeper and the Beyond dimensions of life.

• Like 1

Funny side of Swami Vivekananda.

When Swami Vivekanand was studying law at the University College, London, a white professor, whose last name was Peters, disliked him intensely.

One day, Mr. Peters was having lunch at the dining room when vivekananda came along with his tray and sat next to the professor.

The professor said, "Mr Vivekanand , you do not understand, *a pig and a bird do not sit together to eat.*"

Vivekanandji looked at him as a parent would a rude child and calmly replied, *"You do not worry professor. I'll fly away,"* and he went and sat at another table.

Mr. Peters, reddened with rage, decided to take revenge.

The next day in Class he posed the following question: "Mr.Vivekanand , if you were walking down the street and found a package, and within was a bag of wisdom and another bag with money, which one would you take ?"

Without hesitating, Vivekanandji responded, "The one with the money, of course."

Mr. Peters , smiling sarcastically said, "I, in your place, would have taken the wisdom."

Swami Vivekanand shrugged and responded, *"Each one takes what he doesn't have."*

Mr. Peters, by this time was fit to be tied. So great was his anger that he wrote on Swami Vivekanand's exam sheet the word "<banned word filter activated>" and gave it to Swami Vivekanand.
Vivekanandji took the exam sheet and sat down at his desk trying very hard to remain calm while he contemplated his next move.

A few minutes later, Swami Vivekanand got up, went to the professor and told him in a dignified polite tone, "Mr. Peters, *you signed the sheet*, but you did not give me the grade

Picking up a knife

If someone insults us according to our thinking, we usually dwell on it, asking ourselves, “Why did he say that to me?” and on and on.

Focusing on the problem, is like picking up a knife, and repeatedly stabbing ourselves with it, saying, “He hurt me so much. I can’t believe he did that.”

Edited by harsharan000
  • Like 1

A nice message

A nice message on a  balloon, which was flying high in the sky.

It is not what is outside, but what is inside, that takes you up to the top.

Note:

In a similar way, it is not by what we do outside, but by catching within us hold of the  Shabad Guru, which alone takes us up and up, to His Abode.

Sat Sree Akal.

• Like 1

A Beautiful Thought

Silence, happiness, love, and blessings, lead to good health.

Illness is often caused when the body experiences the effect of the soul’s anger, greed, unfulfilled desires, expectations, suppression of feelings and relationships not based on true love.

When I look in my heart, I can know where my illness comes from.

There are three ingredients for a long and healthy life: live with attention , Awareness and without worry, use time in a worthwhile way, keep your thoughts pure, positive and filled with love.

This will create good health..

• Like 1

Two simple life formulas

Don't make any
close relation
without full understanding...!

And don't break
any close relation
with small misunderstanding...!

Edited by harsharan000
  • Like 1

Goodness....

A 6 yr old boy was in the market with his 4 yr old sister. Suddenly the boy found that his sister was lagging behind.

He stopped and looked back. His sister was standing in front of a toy shop and was watching something with great interest.

The boy went back to her and asked, "Do you want something ?" The sister pointed at the doll. The boy held her hand and like a responsible elder brother, gave that doll to her. The sister was very very happy...

The shopkeeper was watching everything and getting amused to see the matured behaviour of the boy...

Now the boy came to the counter and asked the shopkeeper, "What is the cost of this doll, Sir !"

The shopkeeper was a cool man and had experienced the odds of life. So he asked the boy with a lot of love & affection, "Well, What can you pay ?"

The boy took out all the shells that he had collected from sea shore, from his pocket and gave them to the shopkeeper. The shopkeeper took the shells and started counting as if he were counting the currency. Then he looked at the boy.The boy asked him worriedly, "Is it less?"

The shopkeeper said," No,No... These are more than the cost. So I will return the remaining." Saying so,he kept only 4 shells with him and returned the remaining.

The boy, very happily kept those shells back in his pocket and went away with his sister.

A servant in that shop got very surprised watching all these. He asked his master, "Sir ! You gave away such a costly doll just for 4 shells ???"

The shopkeeper said with a smile, "Well, for us these are mere shells.
But for that boy, these shells are very precious. And at this age he does not understand what money is, but when he will grow up, he definitely will. And when he would remember that he purchased a doll with the Shells instead of Money, he will remember me and think that world is full of Good people.
It will help him develop a positive attitude and he too in turn will feel motivated to be good.

• Like 1