Words Of Wisdom

harsharan000

What's Sri Sri Ravi Shankar?

I would say, he is a hindu philosopher. For some, he is a saint

I do not know much about him, but I admit, that sometimes, I like his speech or expressions.

I believe that goodness can exist in anyone, irrespective of caste, color or creed.

You see, all beings have souls, and as such, souls have no color, form, nor size.

Souls are related to Wahiguru, just as a drop is related to an ocean, or a ray to the Sun.

If Wahiguru has no color, size, nor nationality, how come the mamulee souls have any of these limitations.

Souls are free, just because in that particular body, it follows hindu, muslim, christian or sikh dharam, they do not loose their true spiritual identity.

Once again, the soul in a particular body, is born in the U.K for example, and lives there; so Britain is the place of residence of that soul, but because of that, the soul does not become british.

if someone is a policeman, then being a security officer, is that person´s job; but again the soul is free, it is not subject to that job, or place, or dharam.

The soul is changeless.

There are no good or bad souls, all souls are good, as they are particles of Him, who carry all the attributes present in Him.

You see, we people tend to classify everything under our limited vision, and from there on our problems start.

If anybody is bad, it is because of the mind. Just as any ordinary person under the effects of narcotics or alcohol, can do all sort of nonsense ....

In a similar way, dirty, impure minds, with their bad karmas, make the souls suffer in the wheel births and deaths. But in any case, it is the mind who is dirty and petty.

in a similar way, people in wrong company, dharmas, do wrong things, for which they shall have to pay for sure, but again, the souls are like passengers sitting in chariots, where the horses(minds) have become mad(under maya and vikars) and run here and there without any direction or control.

We should never underestimate anyone, becuase of religion, color or caste, or even if some do not believe in Him, all carry His Jot, even if they are not conscious of it.

It is a blessing upon us, that we have bee born in Sikh Dharam, and with the aid of Gurmat, we fairly do understand how all the creation works, and we are not fanatics, otherthing is, we firmly like and believe in our Guru Sahibans, the only manifestations of Akal Purukh.

Sat Sree Akal.

BLESSINGS

Q: Have you ever wondered how come seeking blessings actually brings you good vibrations?

You can sit anywhere and ask for blessings in your mind, and you will receive blessing.

You may ask me how is that possible ?

Tell me, how does Kama Vasana (lust) get aroused? Just by thinking such thoughts, isn't it?!

Hormones are then secreted in excess in the body.

How do you get angry?

Just by thinking. You think about those who you are angry, and your body begins to show action of anger.

How does hatred come?

By thinking about others whom you dislike.

How does fear come?

By thinking.

So, if by thinking, lust can come, anger can come, fear can come, hatred can come, then can blessing also not come just by thinking?

Are blessings so ineffective, or do you think that you have to work so hard to get blessings?

No! Not at all !

You don't need to do anything.

Just by thinking you get divine blessings.

You are divinely blessed !!!!

*Sri Sri Ravi Shankar*:

This is nice Paji Harsharan, but I feel thinking alone would not bring the blessing. I feel that Waheguru would also be part of the granting of the blessing too.

What's Sri Sri Ravi Shankar?

He's the person that wrote the piece.

I've seen him on tv.

https://m.facebook.com/SriSriRaviShankar/

I would say, he is a hindu philosopher. For some, he is a saint

I do not know much about him, but I admit, that sometimes, I like his speech or expressions.

I believe that goodness can exist in anyone, irrespective of caste, color or creed.

You see, all beings have souls, and as such, souls have no color, form, nor size.

Souls are related to Wahiguru, just as a drop is related to an ocean, or a ray to the Sun.

If Wahiguru has no color, size, nor nationality, how come the mamulee souls have any of these limitations.

Souls are free, just because in that particular body, it follows hindu, muslim, christian or sikh dharam, they do not loose their true spiritual identity.

Once again, the soul in a particular body, is born in the U.K for example, and lives there; so Britain is the place of residence of that soul, but because of that, the soul does not become british.

if someone is a policeman, then being a security officer, is that person´s job; but again the soul is free, it is not subject to that job, or place, or dharam.

The soul is changeless.

There are no good or bad souls, all souls are good, as they are particles of Him, who carry all the attributes present in Him.

You see, we people tend to classify everything under our limited vision, and from there on our problems start.

If anybody is bad, it is because of the mind. Just as any ordinary person under the effects of narcotics or alcohol, can do all sort of nonsense ....

In a similar way, dirty, impure minds, with their bad karmas, make the souls suffer in the wheel births and deaths. But in any case, it is the mind who is dirty and petty.

in a similar way, people in wrong company, dharmas, do wrong things, for which they shall have to pay for sure, but again, the souls are like passengers sitting in chariots, where the horses(minds) have become mad(under maya and vikars) and run here and there without any direction or control.

We should never underestimate anyone, becuase of religion, color or caste, or even if some do not believe in Him, all carry His Jot, even if they are not conscious of it.

It is a blessing upon us, that we have bee born in Sikh Dharam, and with the aid of Gurmat, we fairly do understand how all the creation works, and we are not fanatics, otherthing is, we firmly like and believe in our Guru Sahibans, the only manifestations of Akal Purukh.

Sat Sree Akal.

That's true, an enlightened soul can be from any walk of life.

This is nice Paji Harsharan, but I feel thinking alone would not bring the blessing. I feel that Waheguru would also be part of the granting of the blessing too.

Simran Pen Jee,

it is 101 % right what you say, as it could never be otherwise.

It is good you have brought this point forward, as it is somehow confusing in the sense you have stated.

But I believe, when he says thinking on blessings, he means to say, to think (meditate) upon the source of all blessings, who is none other than Wahiguru for me, though for others it maybe devis, devtas, gods, godesses....

The thing is, different people seek blessings from different entities, but for us as sikhs, it is only from the Supreme Being Wahiguru Akal Purukh, to whom we should have in our minds per means of Bhajan bandagee, to get the bakshish, of His Charan Kamal kee Dhoor...

Sat Sree Akal.

Simran Pen Jee,

it is 101 % right what you say, as it could never be otherwise.

It is good you have brought this point forward, as it is somehow confusing in the sense you have stated.

But I believe, when he says thinking on blessings, he means to say, to think (meditate) upon the source of all blessings, who is none other than Wahiguru for me, though for others it maybe devis, devtas, gods, godesses....

The thing is, different people seek blessings from different entities, but for us as sikhs, it is only from the Supreme Being Wahiguru Akal Purukh, to whom we should have in our minds per means of Bhajan bandagee, to get the bakshish, of His Charan Kamal kee Dhoor...

Sat Sree Akal.

Hanji I agree.

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, harsharan000 said:

Pen Jee,

regarding this line of yours, though it is very good indeed in general, but I heard some mahapurkh a long time ago, something related to it, which was on asking for forgiveness, he said: ask forgiveness to whom you have hurt or offended.

Then the questioner said: what, if that person does not want to forgive.

To that, the answer was, then, ask for forgiveness, from the Lord.

You see the base of spirituality, can not be built on shaky grounds(vikars / shortcomings:abhiman, krodh, koor, lobh...).

But rather on, firm grounds(virtues like: humility, forgiveness, forbearance, mercy, kindness, truthfulness...)

Sat Sree Akal.

Hanji Paji you are right, the reason  why I wrote ask God for forgiveness as what if one does not want to forgive for whatever reasons and also one may not be able to ask for forgiveness from the person they intentionally hurt or offended if that person doesn't talk to them nomore or if it's impossible due to distance or communication. But you are right it should be from the person originally. 

3 hours ago, simran345 said:

Hanji Paji you are right, the reason  why I wrote ask God for forgiveness as what if one does not want to forgive for whatever reasons and also one may not be able to ask for forgiveness from the person they intentionally hurt or offended if that person doesn't talk to them nomore or if it's impossible due to distance or communication. But you are right it should be from the person originally. 

Simran  Pen Jee,

you see, if we can ask for forgiveness sincerely to whom we have hurt, then it has its advantages, first we become light in our hearts, and secondly, the person to whom we may have hurt, shall wipe out totally all ill feelings, deep dark impressions for us, which may otherwise be carried in future births to be settled, as no karam  remains unnoticed of repayment.

So it is very important to not hurt anybody in any way...it is like sowing seeds of poison, which we shall have to reap, eat and suffer its consequences, and the we may blame the Lord, why me, why this?

Only if the other person refuses to not forgive, then it is to Wahiguru whom we have to direct our maafee petition, He is sadaa Bakshanhaar, sadaa Mehervaan.

Sat Sree Akal.