USEFUL TIPS FOR BEING A BETTER PERSON

Be honest when in trouble,

and be simple when in wealth.

Be polite when in authoriy,

and be silent when in anger.

Edited by simran345
3 people like this

43 minutes ago, simran345 said:

Ask for forgiveness from God, if you feel you have offended or hurt somebody's feelings. 

Pen Jee,

regarding this line of yours, though it is very good indeed in general, but I heard some mahapurkh a long time ago, something related to it, which was on asking for forgiveness, he said: ask forgiveness to whom you have hurt or offended.

Then the questioner said: what, if that person does not want to forgive.

To that, the answer was, then, ask for forgiveness, from the Lord.

You see the base of spirituality, can not be built on shaky grounds(vikars / shortcomings:abhiman, krodh, koor, lobh...).

But rather on, firm grounds(virtues like: humility, forgiveness, forbearance, mercy, kindness, truthfulness...)

Sat Sree Akal.

2 people like this

11 hours ago, harsharan000 said:

Pen Jee,

regarding this line of yours, though it is very good indeed in general, but I heard some mahapurkh a long time ago, something related to it, which was on asking for forgiveness, he said: ask forgiveness to whom you have hurt or offended.

Then the questioner said: what, if that person does not want to forgive.

To that, the answer was, then, ask for forgiveness, from the Lord.

You see the base of spirituality, can not be built on shaky grounds(vikars / shortcomings:abhiman, krodh, koor, lobh...).

But rather on, firm grounds(virtues like: humility, forgiveness, forbearance, mercy, kindness, truthfulness...)

Sat Sree Akal.

Hanji Paji you are right, the reason  why I wrote ask God for forgiveness as what if one does not want to forgive for whatever reasons and also one may not be able to ask for forgiveness from the person they intentionally hurt or offended if that person doesn't talk to them nomore or if it's impossible due to distance or communication. But you are right it should be from the person originally. 

2 people like this

3 hours ago, simran345 said:

Hanji Paji you are right, the reason  why I wrote ask God for forgiveness as what if one does not want to forgive for whatever reasons and also one may not be able to ask for forgiveness from the person they intentionally hurt or offended if that person doesn't talk to them nomore or if it's impossible due to distance or communication. But you are right it should be from the person originally. 

Simran  Pen Jee,

you see, if we can ask for forgiveness sincerely to whom we have hurt, then it has its advantages, first we become light in our hearts, and secondly, the person to whom we may have hurt, shall wipe out totally all ill feelings, deep dark impressions for us, which may otherwise be carried in future births to be settled, as no karam  remains unnoticed of repayment.

So it is very important to not hurt anybody in any way...it is like sowing seeds of poison, which we shall have to reap, eat and suffer its consequences, and the we may blame the Lord, why me, why this?

Only if the other person refuses to not forgive, then it is to Wahiguru whom we have to direct our maafee petition, He is sadaa Bakshanhaar, sadaa Mehervaan.

Sat Sree Akal.

1 person likes this

WHAT A WONDERFUL WAY TO EXPLAIN DEATH......

A sick man turned to his doctor, as he was preparing to leave the examination room and said: "Doctor, I am afraid to die. Tell me  what lies on the other side." 

Very quietly, the doctor said,  "I don't know.

The doctor was holding the handle of the door; on the other side came a sound of scratching and whining, and as he opened the door,  a dog sprang into the room and leaped on him with an eager show of gladness.

Turning to the patient, the doctor said: "Did you notice my dog?  He's never been in this room before.

He didn't know what was inside. He knew nothing except that his master was here, and when the door opened, he sprang in without fear.

I know little of what is on the other side of death, but I do know one thing...  I know my Master is there and that is enough."

Sat Sree Akal.

1 person likes this

Edited by simran345
2 people like this

3 POWER HABITS TO ELEVATE ONE´S LIFE:

Encourage, instead of criticizing

Understand, instead of judging

Initiate, instead of waiting

Sat Sree Akal.

1 person likes this

Full Form of some widely used words in short form.

1)*GOOGLE* - Global Organization Of Oriented Group Language Of Earth.
2.) *YAHOO* - Yet Another Hierarchical Officious Oracle.
3.) *WINDOW* - Wide Interactive Network Development for Office work Solution.
4.) *COMPUTER* - Common Oriented Machine Particularly United and used under Technical and Educational Research.
5.) *VIRUS* - Vital Information Resources Under Siege.
6.) *UMTS* - Universal Mobile Telecommunicati ons System.
7.) *AMOLED* - Active-matrix organic light-emitting diode.
8.) *OLED* - Organic light-emitting diode.
9.) *IMEI* - International Mobile Equipment Identity.
10.) *ESN* - Electronic Serial Number.
11.) *UPS* - Uninterruptible power supply.
12. *HDMI* - High-Definition Multimedia Interface.
13.) *VPN* - Virtual private network.
14.) *APN* - Access Point Name.
15.) *SIM* - Subscriber Identity Module.
16.) *LED* - Light emitting diode.
17.) *DLNA* - Digital Living Network Alliance.
18.) *RAM* - Random access memory.
19.) *ROM* - Read only memory.
20.) *VGA* - Video Graphics Array.
21.) *QVGA* - Quarter Video Graphics Array.
22.) *WVGA* - Wide video graphics array.
23.) *WXGA* - Widescreen Extended Graphics Array.
24.) *USB* - Universal serial Bus.
25.) *WLAN* - Wireless Local Area Network.
26.) *PPI* - Pixels Per Inch.
27.) *LCD* - Liquid Crystal Display.
28.) *HSDPA* - High speed down-link packet access.
29.) *HSUPA* - High-Speed Uplink Packet Access.
30.) *HSPA* - High Speed Packet Access.
31.) *GPRS* - General Packet Radio Service.
32.) *EDGE* - Enhanced Data Rates for Globa Evolution.
33.) *NFC* - Near field communication.
34.) *OTG* - On-the-go.
35.) *S-LCD* - Super Liquid Crystal Display.
36.) *O.S* - Operating system.
37.) *SNS* - Social network service.
38.) *H.S* - HOTSPOT.
39.) *P.O.I* - Point of interest.
40.) *GPS* - Global Positioning System.
41.) *DVD* - Digital Video Disk.
42.) *DTP* - Desk top publishing.
43.) *DNSE* - Digital natural sound engine.
44.) *OVI* - Ohio Video Intranet.
45.) *CDMA* - Code Division Multiple Access.
46.) *WCDMA* - Wide-band Code Division Multiple Access.
47.) *GSM* - Global System for Mobile Communications.
48.) *WI-FI* - Wireless Fidelity.
49.) *DIVX* - Digital internet video access.
50.) *APK* - Authenticated public key.
51.) *J2ME* - Java 2 micro edition.
52.) *SIS* - Installation source.
53.) *DELL* - Digital electronic link library.
54.) *ACER* - Acquisition Collaboration Experimentation Reflection.
55.) *RSS* - Really simple syndication.
56.) *TFT* - Thin film transistor.
57.) *AMR*- Adaptive Multi-Rate.
58.) *MPEG* - moving pictures experts group.
59.) *IVRS* - Interactive Voice Response System.
60.) *HP* - Hewlett Packard.

Beautiful story!!

A man often bought oranges from an old lady.

After they were weighed, paid for and put in his bag, he would always pick one from his bag, peel it, put a segment in his mouth, complain it's sour and pass on the orange to the seller.

The old lady would put one segment in her mouth and retort, "why, it's sweet," but by then he was gone with his bag.

His wife, always with him, asked, "the oranges are always sweet, then why this drama every time?"

He smiled, "the old mother sells sweet oranges but never eats them herself. This way I get her to eat one, without losing her money. That's all."

The vegetable seller next to the old lady, saw this everyday.

She chided, "every time this man fusses over your oranges, and I see that you always weigh a few extra for him.  Why?"

The old lady smiled, "I know he does this to feed me an orange, only, he thinks I don't understand. I never weigh extra.

His love tilts the scale slightly every time."

Life's joys are in these sweet little gestures of love and respect for our fellow beings.

O God, Grant us always the ability to show such amazing kindness and Gestures

Edited by harsharan000
1 person likes this

REALITY OF LIFE

The body goes in a moment

but we don´t believe it

A ripple on water - this is the world

A mirage of water is not water,

the shadow of a cloud gives no rain.

A statue of salt dissolves in water -

this body is dying, while you look at it,

says Eknath

2 people like this

ATTITUDE

Who will work in my absence?

Sun asked the entire world during sunset.

Everyone remanied silent, but the Diya whispered :

Will try my level best.

It is not the Size.... but the attitude that shines.

1 person likes this

THE TONGUE

If a "tongue" gets hurt, it gets healed in due time

but any hurt caused by the "tongue",

never gets healed.

1 person likes this

This topic should not be in this section of the forum.  This section is health and fitness and not words of wisdom. 

AWAKENING BEING DIVINE

1. Often we hear the line – “We choose our birth, our family members and all the situations that are going to come in our life to learn our lessons.”

Choose does not mean we make a selection. If we could choose, we would never choose problems, disease or difficult relationships.

2. Choose our birth and destiny means when we performed our karmas in the previous lives, we chose the karma and thereby chose its consequence.

Everything that is going to happen to us in this life is therefore chosen by us when we chose our karmas earlier.

3. When the consequences come to us in this birth, if we respond through the same negative sanskars like we did last time, it means the same sanskar will get re-enforced. We see same patterns of problems repeating in our life, it is because we are responding through the same sanskar.

4. ‘Learning our lessons’ means this time if we respond to the situation through a positive sanskar, then the similar pattern of problems in life will stop. Suppose we carry a sanskar of rejection, then we feel rejected in relationships till we learn our lesson, that means change the sanskar. Then we will not feel rejected irrespective of the other’s behaviour.

Note: Changing sanskaras, maybe is not that easy by willing it, as they are engraved much in our minds; it is not that easy like changing a shirt for example.

By the Grace of our Guru Sahiban, with Gurbani, there is definetely a way to get rid of them for once and forever in a simple way without any hardships or austerities, and that is to attach our chits, with the essence of  absolute purity, and that is none else than His Naam simran.     

Sat Sree Akal.           

1 person likes this

6 LITTLE?STORIES
         -----:-:-:-:-:----
                  ?
                { 1 }
ONCE upon a time, All villagers decided to pray for rain, on the day of prayer all the People gathered but only one boy came with an umbrella.
                  ?
                That's
                FAITH
         -----------------
                  ?
                { 2 }
WHEN You throw a baby in the air, she laughs because she knows you will catch her.
                 ?
              That's
              TRUST
       ------------------
                  ?
                { 3 }
EVERY Night we go to bed, without any assurance of being alive the next
Morning but still we set the alarms  to wake up.
                 ?
               That's
               HOPE
       -----------------
                   ?
                 { 4 }
                  WE Plan big things for tomorrow in spite of zero knowledge of the future.             
                ?
              That's
         CONFIDENCE
        -------------------
                  ?
                { 5 }
WE See the world suffering.
              But still we get Married.            
                 ?
               That's  LOVE.  

--------------------      
                    ?
                   {6}
On an Old Man's shirt was written a cute sentence
'I Am Not 60 Years Old.., I Am Sweet 16 with 44 years Experience.'
                  ?
                That's
             ATTITUDE

---------------------------
                    ?

1 person likes this

Any body who is too much stressed or confused should read this again and again.....

A rare conversation between Krishna(teacher) & Today's Arjun(disciple). 

1. Arjun :- *_I can’t find free time. Life has become hectic._*

Krishna:- *Activity gets you busy. But productivity gets you free.*

2. Arjun :- *_Why has life become complicated now?_*

Krishna :- *Stop analyzing life... It makes it complicated. Just live it.*

3. Arjun :- *_Why are we then constantly unhappy?_*

Krishna :- *Worrying has become your habit. That’s why you are not happy.*

4. Arjun :- *_Why do good people always suffer?_*

Krishna :- *Diamond cannot be polished without friction. Gold cannot be purified without fire. Good people go through trials, but don’t suffer.*
*With that experience their life becomes better, not bitter.*

5. Arjun :- *_You mean to say such experience is useful?_*

Krishna :- *Yes. In every term, Experience is a hard teacher. It gives the test first and the lessons later.*

6. Arjun :- *_Because of so many problems, we don’t know where we are heading…_*

Krishna:- *If you look outside you will not know where you are heading. Look inside. Eyes provide sight. Heart provides the way.*

7. Arjun :- *_Does failure hurt more than moving in the right direction?_**

Krishna:- *Success is a measure as decided by others. Satisfaction is a measure as decided by you.*

8. Arjun :- *_In tough times, how do you stay motivated?_*

Krishna :- *Always look at how far you have come rather than how far you have to go. Always count your blessing, not what you are missing.*

9. Arjun :- *_What surprises you about people?_*

Krishna :- *When they suffer they ask, "why me?" When they prosper, they never ask "Why me?"*

10. Arjun :- *_How can I get the best out of life?_*

Krishna:- *Face your past without regret. Handle your present with confidence. Prepare for the future without fear.*

11. Arjun :- *_One last question. Sometimes I feel my prayers are not answered._*

Krishna:- *There are no unanswered prayers. Keep the faith and drop the fear. Life is a mystery to solve, not a problem to resolve. Trust me. Life is wonderful if you know how to live.

Edited by harsharan000
2 people like this

Deep Secrets of Karma.

Deeper insight and clarity on life after death.

HAPPINESS

* Happiness is not based on achievement. It is not the destination, it is on the journey.

* Happiness is a state of being, created while working towards the goal, not a feeling to be experienced after achieving the goal.

* Obstacles on the journey are obstructions in our achievements, not obstructions in our happiness.

* If we believe happiness is at the destination, then we will experience fear and anxiety if there is any obstacle or delay on the journey.

Our every thought, word and action is OUR creation. Situations come to us from outside, but our responses are completely OUR choice.

We have doctors , psychiatrists, spiritual masters, family and friends . in short we have all sets of healers outside yet we are not healed inside.

The creator of pain is inside, and the healer is also within. And healer inside each of us is the perfect healer for ourselves .

Meditation is a method of relaxing, refreshing and recharging the mind. lt helps you look inside to rediscover and reconnect with your original, spiritual essence and restore a healthy balance between your inner and outer worlds.

Knowing God, Relationship with God, Law of Karma, Cycle of Time and Spiritual Lifestyle, ln time, this understanding becomes a natural part of your day to day awareness, constructively influencing how you see yourselfand how you relate to your world.

Meditation is the method to - Become intuitively aware of who you really are beyond the superficial labels of modern society; Experience the core energy of your being which is peaceful, positive and powerful; Direct that power into our abilities to create, communicate and co-operate with others; Discern the real meaning of life and your unique purpose in this lifetime.

Dr. Girish D. Patel MBBS, Phd(Psy. Th), FRSH (London)   24 jun. 2015

1 person likes this

Being Natural

Flowers blossom even in the forest, where there is nobody to admire their beauty.

Let us be good and do good, even when nobody appreciates us.

2 people like this

HURTING SOMEONE

Hurting someone can be as easy like throwing a stone into the sea,

But do you have an idea, how deep can that stone go?

2 people like this

Being human

we are human,we are not perfect

we are alive, we try things

we make mistakes, we stumble

we fall, we get hurt

we rise again, we try again

we keep learning, we keep growing,

but nevertheless, we are thankful

for this priceless opportunity, called life.

1 person likes this

KEEP ME IN YOUR PRAYERS - Actual meaning

Since we always say "Keep me in your prayers" to each other, I thought of sharing a small story about the actual meaning of these
5 words. Just go on and read it and I am sure you will start thinking the way I am after reading this story.

A voyaging ship was wrecked during a storm at sea and only two of the men on it were able to swim to a small, desert-like island. The two survivors, not knowing what else to do, agreed that they had no other recourse but to pray to God.

However, to find out whose prayer was more powerful, they agreed to divide the territory between them and stay on opposite sides of the island.

The first thing they prayed for was food. The next morning, the first man saw a fruit-bearing tree on his side of the land, and he was able to eat its fruit. The other man's parcel of land remained barren.

After a week, the first man was lonely and he decided to pray for a wife. The next day, there was a woman who swam to his side of the land. On the other side of the island, there was nothing.

Soon the first man prayed for a house, clothes and more food. The next day, like magic, all of these were given to him. However, the second man still had nothing.

Finally, the first man prayed for a ship, so that he and his wife could leave the island. In the morning, he found a ship docked at his side of the island.

The first man boarded the ship with his wife and decided to leave the second man on the island. He considered the other man unworthy to receive God's blessings, since none of his prayers had been answered.

As the ship was about to leave, the first man heard a voice from heaven booming, "Why are you leaving your companion on the island?"

"My blessings are mine alone, since I was the one who prayed for them, "the first man answered, "His prayers were all unanswered and so he does not deserve anything".

"You are mistaken! "the voice rebuked him. "He had only one prayer, which I answered. If not for that, you would not have received any of my blessings."

"Tell me", the first man asked the voice, "what did he pray for that I should owe him anything?"

"He prayed that all your prayers be answered."

For all we know, our blessings are not the fruits of our prayers alone, but also those of others praying for us.

My prayer for you today is that all your prayers are answered.

Be blessed.

"What you do for others is more important than what you do for yourself".

Sat Sree Akal.

2 people like this

SIMPLE MATHS

2get and 2give

creates many problems.

So, just double it,

4get and4give,

solves many problems.

2 people like this