Words Of Wisdom

harsharan000

"ਦੇਵਗੰਧਾਰੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੯ ॥ देवगंधारी महला ९ ॥ Ḏevganḏẖārī mėhlā 9. Raag Dayv-Gandhaaree, Ninth Mehl:

ਜਗਤ ਮੈ ਝੂਠੀ ਦੇਖੀ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ॥ जगत मै झूठी देखी प्रीति ॥ Jagaṯ mai jẖūṯẖī ḏekẖī parīṯ. In this world, I have seen love to be false.

ਅਪਨੇ ਹੀ ਸੁਖ ਸਿਉ ਸਭ ਲਾਗੇ ਕਿਆ ਦਾਰਾ ਕਿਆ ਮੀਤ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ अपने ही सुख सिउ सभ लागे किआ दारा किआ मीत ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥ Apne hī sukẖ si▫o sabẖ lāge ki▫ā ḏārā ki▫ā mīṯ. ||1|| rahā▫o. Whether they are spouses or friends, all are concerned only with their own happiness. ||1||Pause||

ਮੇਰਉ ਮੇਰਉ ਸਭੈ ਕਹਤ ਹੈ ਹਿਤ ਸਿਉ ਬਾਧਿਓ ਚੀਤ ॥ मेरउ मेरउ सभै कहत है हित सिउ बाधिओ चीत ॥ Mera▫o mera▫o sabẖai kahaṯ hai hiṯ si▫o bāḏẖi▫o cẖīṯ. All say, "Mine, mine", and attach their consciousness to you with love.

ਅੰਤਿ ਕਾਲਿ ਸੰਗੀ ਨਹ ਕੋਊ ਇਹ ਅਚਰਜ ਹੈ ਰੀਤਿ ॥੧॥ अंति कालि संगी नह कोऊ इह अचरज है रीति ॥१॥ Anṯ kāl sangī nah ko▫ū ih acẖraj hai rīṯ. ||1|| But at the very last moment, none shall go along with you. How strange are the ways of the world! ||1||

ਮਨ ਮੂਰਖ ਅਜਹੂ ਨਹ ਸਮਝਤ ਸਿਖ ਦੈ ਹਾਰਿਓ ਨੀਤ ॥ मन मूरख अजहू नह समझत सिख दै हारिओ नीत ॥ Man mūrakẖ ajhū nah samjẖaṯ sikẖ ḏai hāri▫o nīṯ. The foolish mind has not yet reformed itself, although I have grown weary of continually instructing it.

ਨਾਨਕ ਭਉਜਲੁ ਪਾਰਿ ਪਰੈ ਜਉ ਗਾਵੈ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕੇ ਗੀਤ ॥੨॥੩॥੬॥੩੮॥੪੭॥ नानक भउजलु पारि परै जउ गावै प्रभ के गीत ॥२॥३॥६॥३८॥४७॥ Nānak bẖa▫ojal pār parai ja▫o gāvai parabẖ ke gīṯ. ||2||3||6||38||47|| O Nanak, one crosses over the terrifying world-ocean, singing the Songs of God. ||2||3||6||38||47||" (Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Ang 536)

Thank you Jacfsing2 Paji.

Guruji tells us here how false the world can be, but we forget, and they tell us that we should praise Waheguru, the one that will help us.

Sant Tukaram's Secret

There is a story related to Tukaram. The story brings into focus the attitude we should
display to family and friends in our daily interactions with them.

A disciple inquired ofTukaram about how his transformation came, how he never got angry, how he was always loving, and so forth; he wanted to know Tukaram's "secret:'

"I don't know what I can tell you about my secret;' said Tukaram, "but I know your secret:'

And what secret is that?" the disciple asked curiously.

"You are going to die in a week;' said Tukaram gravely.

Since Tukaram was a great sage, the disciple took his words seriously.

During the next week, he cleaned up his act. He treated his family and friends lovingly.

He meditated and prayed. He did everything he could in preparation for his death.

On the seventh day, he lay down on his bed, feeling weak, and sent for Tukaram.

"Bless me, sage, I'm dying;' he said.

"My blessing is always with you;' said the sage, "but tell me how you've been spending the last week?

Have you been angry with your family and friends?"

"Of course not. I had only seven days to love them. So that's what I did. I loved them intensely:' said the disciple.

"Now you know my secret;' exclaimed the sage.

"I know, that I can die at any time. So I am always loving in all my relationships:'

Sat Sree Akal.

• 1 month later...

Apple wise

Apple..... a very good fruit.

But I do not like apple.

Toh kya, apple bura ho gaya?

No, apple is a very good fruit, it is I just do not like it.

In a same way, if someone does not like you, it does not mean you are bad.

No, you are a very beautiful soul, it is just everyone has a different choice.

Be, who you are, and keep updating yourself

Keep upgrading yourself

Respect yourself.

DUTY/ FARZ / KARNEE

NOTHING DEPENDS ON LUCK

EVERYTHING DEPENDS ON WORK

BECAUSE EVEN LUCK HAS TO BE WORKED OUT.

*NOTE:

ONLY WAHIGURU IS ABOVE THIS RULE, HIS APAAR DAYA MEHER CAN BE SHOWERED ON ANYONE, AND NOBODY CAN QUESTION HIM.

AND ACCORDING TO MAHAPURUKHS, THE MORE BHAKTI WE DO OF WAHIGURU, THE MORE WE ATTRACT HIS DAYA MEHER

The Law of Receiving & Giving.

Here is an interesting story on two seas with some interesting lessons.

As you probably recall, the Dead Sea is really a Lake, not a sea. It’s so high in salt content that the human body can float easily. You can almost lie down and read a book! The salt in the Dead Sea is as high as 35% - almost 10 times the normal ocean water. And all that saltiness has meant that there is no life at all in the Dead Sea. No fish. No vegetation. No sea animals. Nothing lives in the Dead Sea.

And hence the name: Dead Sea.

While the Dead Sea has remained etched in my memory, I don't seem to recall learning about the Sea of Galilee in my school Geography lesson. So when I heard about the Sea of Galilee and the Dead Sea and the tale of the two seas - I was intrigued.

Turns out that the Sea of Galilee is just north of the Dead Sea. Both the Sea of Galilee and the Dead Sea receive their water from river Jordan. And yet, they are very, very different.

Unlike the Dead Sea, the Sea of Galilee is pretty, resplendent with rich, colorful marine life. There are lots of plants. And lots of fish too. In fact, the Sea of Galilee is home to over twenty different types of fishes.

Same region, same source of water, and yet while one sea is full of life, the other is dead. How come?

Here’s apparently why.

The River Jordan flows into the Sea of Galilee and then flows out. The water simply passes through the Sea of Galilee in and then Out - and that keeps the sea healthy and vibrant, teeming with marine life.

But the Dead Sea is so far below the mean sea level, that it has NO outlet. The water flows in from the river Jordan, but does NOT flow Out. There are no outlet streams. It is estimated that over 7 million tons of water evaporate from the Dead Sea every day. Leaving it salty. Too full of minerals. And unfit for any marine life.

The Dead Sea takes water from the River Jordan, and HOLDS it. It does NOT GIVE.

Result?

No LIFE at all.

Think about it.

Life is not just about Getting.

Its about Giving.

We all need to be a bit like the Sea of Galilee.

We are fortunate to get wealth, knowledge, love and respect. But if we don't learn to give, we could all end up like the Dead Sea.

The love and the respect, the wealth and the knowledge could all evaporate. Like the water in the Dead Sea.

If we get the Dead Sea mentality of merely taking in more water, more money, more everything the results can be disastrous.

Do make sure that in the sea of your LIFE, you have outlets. Many outlets. For love and wealth - and everything else that you get in your life.

Make sure you don't just get, you give too.

Open the taps. And you'll open the floodgates to happiness. Make that a habit. To share. To give.

And Experience the magic of Giving.

Always remember as in Nature..

Givers get

An Excellent lesson

When somebody told me that he has failed in his exams, my question is,

*"Is it a law that you will pass every time?"*

When someone told me that my boyfriend broke up with me, my question is,

*"Is it a rule that you will have successful relationships everywhere?"*

When somebody asked me why am I in depression, my question is,

*"Is it compulsory to have confidence all the time?"*

When someone cried to me about his huge business loss due to his wrong decision, my question is,

*"Is it possible that you take all right decisions?"*

The fact is our expectation that life has to be perfect/permanent is the biggest reason of our unhappiness.

One has to understand the law of impermanence of nature.

After each sunny day, there has to be a dark night, after each birth there have to be certain deaths, for the full moon to come again it has to pass through no moon. In this imperfection of nature, there is perfection.

So *stop taking your failures and bad part of your life soooo personally or intensely,* even God does not like to give you pain but its the cycle through which you have to pass. Prepare yourself for one more fight after each fall because even failures cannot be permanent...!

Enjoy life....

*Your breath comes to go.*
*Your thoughts come to go.*
*Your words come to go.*
*Your actions come to go.*
*Your feelings come to go.*
*Your illnesses come to go.*
*Your phases come to go.*
*Your seasons come to go.*
*You have come to go.*

Then why do you hold on to your guilt, anger, unforgiveness, hatred
so so so tightly,
when it too has come to go...

Let it go ..❗❗❗

Sat Sree Akal.

BLESSINGS

Q: Have you ever wondered how come seeking blessings actually brings you good vibrations?
You can sit anywhere and ask for blessings in your mind, and you will receive blessing.

You may ask me how is that possible ?
Tell me, how does Kama Vasana (lust) get aroused? Just by thinking such thoughts, isn't it?!

Hormones are then secreted in excess in the body.

How do you get angry?

Just by thinking. You think about those who you are angry, and your body begins to show action of anger.

How does hatred come?

By thinking about others whom you dislike.

How does fear come?

By thinking.

So, if by thinking, lust can come, anger can come, fear can come, hatred can come, then can blessing also not come just by thinking?

Are blessings so ineffective, or do you think that you have to work so hard to get blessings?

No! Not at all !

You don't need to do anything.

Just by thinking you get divine blessings.

You are divinely blessed !!!!

*Sri Sri Ravi Shankar*:

Guest Jacfsing2

BLESSINGS

Q: Have you ever wondered how come seeking blessings actually brings you good vibrations?

You can sit anywhere and ask for blessings in your mind, and you will receive blessing.

You may ask me how is that possible ?

Tell me, how does Kama Vasana (lust) get aroused? Just by thinking such thoughts, isn't it?!

Hormones are then secreted in excess in the body.

How do you get angry?

Just by thinking. You think about those who you are angry, and your body begins to show action of anger.

How does hatred come?

By thinking about others whom you dislike.

How does fear come?

By thinking.

So, if by thinking, lust can come, anger can come, fear can come, hatred can come, then can blessing also not come just by thinking?

Are blessings so ineffective, or do you think that you have to work so hard to get blessings?

No! Not at all !

You don't need to do anything.

Just by thinking you get divine blessings.

You are divinely blessed !!!!

*Sri Sri Ravi Shankar*:

What's Sri Sri Ravi Shankar?