6 hours ago, harsharan000 said:

A FEW TIPS ON MEDITATION

Small-small desires can interrupt your meditation.

When you sit to meditate, tell yourself that - this moment - I don’t need anything..

2nd thing - I am not doing anything...

and the 3rd thing is - I am nothing ....

Don’t think that you “have to meditate”!! ...

Just sit and become empty ... 😊

Like this, It’s the small desires that can turn into the big disappointments. 

Edited by simran345
Changed word.

Just THINK

"If we realize Our Quality,
We become Smart.  

If we know Our Weakness,
We become Intelligent.

If we know both,
We become Successful."

If someone asks me
with whom u want to spend your entire life,
I will simply say..
"Someone who can understand
that I am not perfect"...

We don't always need advice.
Sometimes all we need is Hand to Hold,

an Ear to listen

and a Heart to understand.

• Like 2

Our  greatest sin,

is not

that we commit wrong actions.

Because tempatation is great

and we are weak.

But

the greatest sin is,

that we can turn our attention towards Him

and hold on to Him

and we do not.

• Like 2

Some quotes from Rabindhra Nath Tagore....

You can't cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water.

Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.

Beauty is truth's smile when she beholds her own face in a perfect mirror.

Let your life lightly dance on the edges of Time like dew on the tip of a leaf.

Don't limit a child to your own learning, for he was born in another time.

By plucking her petals, you do not gather the beauty of the flower.

The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough.

Faith is the bird that feels the light when the dawn is still dark.

Depth of friendship does not depend on length of acquaintance.

Let us not pray to be sheltered from dangers but to be fearless when facing them.

The flower which is single need not envy the thorns that are numerous.

We come nearest to the great when we are great in humility.

Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation.

Love is not a mere impulse, it must contain truth, which is law.

Love is an endless mystery, for it has nothing else to explain it.

Everything comes to us that belongs to us if we create the capacity to receive it

Edited by harsharan000
  • Like 2

FOCUSSING

One daughter, went to her father and said...  I won't be going to Gurudwara anymore..

He said, may I ask why??

She said, I see people on their cell phones during service, some are gossiping, some just ain't living right, they are all just hypocrites...

Father became silent, and he said, OK... But can I ask you to do something for me before you make your final decision?

She said, what's that?

He said, take a glass of water and walk around the Gurudwara 2 times and don't let any water fall out the glass.

She said, yes I can do that. She came back and said it's done.

He asked her 3 questions:

1. Did you see anybody on their phone?

2. Did you see anybody gossiping?

3. Was anybody living wrong?

See, I didn't see anything because I was too focused on this glass, so the water wouldn't fall.

He told her, when you go to a Gurudwara, that is what you ought to do, you should be just focused on God, that much , so that YOU won't fall, by being receptive to His kirpa.

• Like 2

Divorce after 35 years !! -A  Very nice story

An elderly man in Mumbai calls his son in New York and says,
'I hate to ruin your day son, but I have to tell you that your mother and I are getting a divorce; 35 years of marriage... and that much misery is enough!'
'Dad, what are you talking about?' the son screams.
'We can't stand the sight of each other any longer,' the old man says.
'We're sick of each other, and I'm sick of talking about this, so you call your sister in Hong Kong and tell her!'
Frantic, the son calls his sister, who explodes on the phone.
'Like heck they're getting divorced,' she shouts, 'I'll take care of this.'
She calls Mumbai immediately, and screams at the old man, 'You are not getting divorced. Don't do a single thing until I get there. I'm calling my brother back, and we'll both be there tomorrow. Until then , don't do a thing, DO YOU HEAR??' and she hangs up.
The old man hangs up his phone and turns to his wife. 'Okay', he says, 'It's all set. They're both coming for our anniversary and paying their own airfare!!'

MORAL:
No man / woman, is busy in this world all 365 days.
The sky is not going to fall down if you take few days LEAVE to make  your parents or friends happy.

Always Remember Charlie Chaplin's 3 Heart touching statements:-

1st- Nothing is permanent in this world, not even our Troubles..

2nd- I like walking in the rain, because nobody can see my tears..

And

3rd MOST IMP- the most wasted day in life, is the day, in which, we have not laughed..

• Like 1

Edited by harsharan000
  • Like 1

Edited by harsharan000
  • Like 1

Edited by harsharan000
  • Like 1

ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਬੋਹਿਥੁ ਆਦਿ ਜੁਗਾਦੀ ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮਿ ਨਿਸਤਾਰਾ ਹੇ ॥੮॥

Sathigur Bohithh Aadh Jugaadhee Raam Naam Nisathaaraa Hae ||8||

From the very beginning of time, and throughout the ages, the True Guru has been the boat; through the Lord's Name, He carries us across. ||8||

Raag Maaroo Guru Nanak Dev

• Like 1

REACTING TO EVERYTHING

I’m 'Slowly' Learning That I Don’t Have To React To 'Everything' That Bothers Me.

I’m slowly learning that I don’t have to hurt those who hurt me.

I’m slowly learning that maybe the 'ultimate' sign of maturity is walking away instead of getting even.

I’m slowly learning that the energy it takes to react to every bad thing that happens to you drains you and stops you from seeing the other good things in life.

I’m slowly learning that I’m not going to be everyone’s cup of tea, and I won’t be able to get everyone to treat me the way I want to be treated 'and that’s okay.'

I’m slowly learning that trying so hard to ‘win’ anyone is just a 'waste' of time and energy and it fills you with 'nothing' but emptiness.

*I’m slowly learning that not reacting doesn’t mean I’m okay with things, it just means I’m choosing to 'rise' above it.

I’m choosing to take the 'lesson' it has served and learn from it I’m choosing to be 'the bigger' person.

I’m choosing my 'peace of mind' because that’s what I 'truly' need. I don’t need more drama. I don’t need people making me feel like I’m not good enough. I don’t need fights and arguments and 'fake' connections. I’m slowly learning that sometimes 'not' saying anything at all says everything.'

*I’m slowly learning that reacting to things that upset you gives someone else power over 'your' emotions.

You can’t control what others do but you can control how you respond, how you handle it, how you perceive it and 'how much of it' you want to take personally. I’m slowly learning that most of the time, these situations say nothing about you and a lot about the other person.

I’m slowly learning that even if I react, it won’t change anything, it won’t make people suddenly love and respect me, it won’t magically change their minds.

Sometimes it’s better to just let things be, let people go, 'don’t' fight for closure, 'don’t' ask for explanations, 'don’t' chase answers and 'don’t' expect people to understand where you’re coming from.

I’m slowly learning that life is 'better lived' when you 'don’t' center it on what’s happening around you and 'center it on' what’s happening 'inside you' instead.

'Work' on yourself and your inner peace and you’ll come to 'realize' that 'not' reacting to every little thing that bothers you is the 'first ingredient' to living a happy and healthy life.

• Like 1

image.png.4c59731e298f45ec25bbd61a816961eb.png

image.png.425c80d5282ddb248e4401259e88e385.png

image.png.e59b606c69bdaefdc54665ab2c8f9f6f.png

image.png.22fbb23a3f5af8ad1e91e2f99d5c18be.png

image.png.33413686f1b67330ab7f437fc84a4364.png

Edited by harsharan000
  • Like 1