Words Of Wisdom

harsharan000

ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਬੋਹਿਥੁ ਆਦਿ ਜੁਗਾਦੀ ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮਿ ਨਿਸਤਾਰਾ ਹੇ ॥੮॥

Sathigur Bohithh Aadh Jugaadhee Raam Naam Nisathaaraa Hae ||8||

From the very beginning of time, and throughout the ages, the True Guru has been the boat; through the Lord's Name, He carries us across. ||8||

Raag Maaroo Guru Nanak Dev

REACTING TO EVERYTHING

I’m 'Slowly' Learning That I Don’t Have To React To 'Everything' That Bothers Me.

I’m slowly learning that I don’t have to hurt those who hurt me.

I’m slowly learning that maybe the 'ultimate' sign of maturity is walking away instead of getting even.

I’m slowly learning that the energy it takes to react to every bad thing that happens to you drains you and stops you from seeing the other good things in life.

I’m slowly learning that I’m not going to be everyone’s cup of tea, and I won’t be able to get everyone to treat me the way I want to be treated 'and that’s okay.'

I’m slowly learning that trying so hard to ‘win’ anyone is just a 'waste' of time and energy and it fills you with 'nothing' but emptiness.

*I’m slowly learning that not reacting doesn’t mean I’m okay with things, it just means I’m choosing to 'rise' above it.

I’m choosing to take the 'lesson' it has served and learn from it I’m choosing to be 'the bigger' person.

I’m choosing my 'peace of mind' because that’s what I 'truly' need. I don’t need more drama. I don’t need people making me feel like I’m not good enough. I don’t need fights and arguments and 'fake' connections. I’m slowly learning that sometimes 'not' saying anything at all says everything.'

*I’m slowly learning that reacting to things that upset you gives someone else power over 'your' emotions.

You can’t control what others do but you can control how you respond, how you handle it, how you perceive it and 'how much of it' you want to take personally. I’m slowly learning that most of the time, these situations say nothing about you and a lot about the other person.

I’m slowly learning that even if I react, it won’t change anything, it won’t make people suddenly love and respect me, it won’t magically change their minds.

Sometimes it’s better to just let things be, let people go, 'don’t' fight for closure, 'don’t' ask for explanations, 'don’t' chase answers and 'don’t' expect people to understand where you’re coming from.

I’m slowly learning that life is 'better lived' when you 'don’t' center it on what’s happening around you and 'center it on' what’s happening 'inside you' instead.

'Work' on yourself and your inner peace and you’ll come to 'realize' that 'not' reacting to every little thing that bothers you is the 'first ingredient' to living a happy and healthy life.

" SABR "

I’ve always wondered what SABR (Patience ) is
I was never given a proper definition
so my concept of it was somewhat distorted;
All I understood was that you wait
until it’s over.
But now, if I were to put it into words,
this is what I’ve gathered so far:
SÂBR
is suppressing that angry voice in
your head, the one that wants to
yell at people for being inconsiderate
to your struggle.
SÂBR
is swallowing this voice,
overcoming it and learning to
channel it towards a heartfelt du'a instead.
SÂBR
is forgiving someone when they
dismiss your feelings.
SÂBR
is meeting those who deserted
you, with a smile on your lips,
even though your tears are one
step away from exposing you.
SÂBR
is staying silent because you’ve
already stated your point too
many times before.
SÂBR
is conforming to someone’s demand because of their right over you.
SÂBR
is fulfilling the rights of others
even when they transgress
against yours.
SÂBR
is crying about your heartache in
front of God and no one else.
SÂBR
is believing wholeheartedly that
God has beautiful things in
store for you.
SÂBR
is crawling forward even when
you want to stop.
SÂBR
is an active state of being,
it is not a theory to simply be
discussed and forgotten....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

image.png.8bd8e854b6ee6e3f898ba20bd43abacd.png

image.png.242fbd46d4305cab43a7a07612a86bc4.png

On 10/4/2017 at 3:23 AM, harsharan000 said:

MARRIAGE BOX

Most people get married beleiving a myth  that marriage is a beautiful box full of all thinghs they longed for. friendship, companionship, intimacy, etc.

The truth is that marriage is an empty box at the start.  You must put in something, before you can take anything out. There is no love in marriage. Love is in people. And people put love in marriage. There is no romance in marriage. You have to infuse it into your marriage.

A couple must learn the art and form the habit of giving, loving, serving, praising, keeping the box full.

If you take out more than you put in, the box will be empty.

Beautiful.. where do u get all these little stories.. I’m reading and they make me think wow.. thank u