Words Of Wisdom

harsharan000

28 minutes ago, harsharan000 said:

An atheist versus a believer in God.

An atheist was seated next to a young girl on an airplane, and turned to her and said:

Do you want to talk? Flights go faster if  you strike up a conversation with your fellow passanger.

The little girl who had just started to read her book, replied to the total stranger...

What would you like to talk about?

Oh I do not know. How about why there is no God ... or no heaven or hell or no life after death?  as he smiled smugly.

Okay, those could be nice topics, but let me ask you a question first.

A horse, a cow and a deer, eat all the same stuff - grass. Yet the deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, but a horse produces clumps.

Why do you suppose is that so?

The atheist visibly surprised by the little girl´s intelligence ... Thinks about it a bit, and says, hmmm, I have no idea.

To which the little girl replies, do you really feel qualified to discuss about God, heaven, hell, and life after death, when you do not even know about excrements ?

Lolz ?

AMOR FATI - Learn To Love Your Fate.......

Amor fati is a Latin phrase that may be translated as "love of fate" or "love of one's fate". It is used to describe an attitude in which one sees everything that happens, including suffering and loss as, necessary. Whether one likes them or not, it is accepted with zen like serenity.

Thomas Edison was at home eating dinner. A man burst into his home, interrupting him. He had bad news. His research facility was on fire.

Now how would you imagine Edison to react? Do you imagine Edison panicking or do you hear him screaming out “Why me?” or is he deeply distraught or do you see him in deep agony?

None of these happened. Edison requested his son to go and get his mother. It seems, Edison excitedly told his son, “She’ll never see a fire like this again.”

Naturally, Edison’s son thought his father had lost his mind, and rightfully so. All of Edison’s experiments, things that could never be replicated, were inside his laboratory, burning to the ground.

“Don’t worry. It’s all right,” Edison said calmly, “All my mistakes and a lot of unnecessary rubbish have just got burnt.”

In this, Edison revealed the true nature of Amor Fati – choosing to love your fate, no matter what.

Not only was he “NOT broken-hearted”, he was revitalised. Despite losing over $1 million at the age of 67 in that fire, he persevered and made over $10 million thereafter. WOW!

I am in love with the concept of Amor Fati. Why? Because, the power that we have in life by accepting our fate is so immense that you feel nothing is impossible for you. You believe that everything has a purpose, and that it is up to you to make this purpose something positive and active.

Maybe you lost your job.

Maybe someone cheated you of your entire life’s earnings.

Maybe, your trust was broken with impunity.

Maybe, the person you love the most, is facing a life threatening disease.

Maybe, someone ill treated you.

The challenge of your life may be considerable and inescapable.

And yet you’re given the choice to greet it with a smile. And then, act..That’sAMOR FATI.

The goal of this article is not to make you feel “okay” or even “good” when terrible things happen. It’s to make you feel GREAT irrespective of what happens. If it happened, then it was meant to happen. You are meant to make the best of it.

It is unnatural, I know, to feel calmness when faced with calamities.

But see it this way. It is fuel for you to push harder when you felt lost.

It is fuel for you to work harder when you want to quit.

It is fuel for you to think big when nothing was going right. It is fuel for you to smile when all you want to do is frown.

Amor Fati, my dearest friends.

***********************************************************************************************************

Having a sharp memory

is a good quality of the brain.

But the ability to forget the unwanted things,

is a far better quality of the Heart  .... !

The Abundance Principle  

Once a man got lost in a desert. The water in his flask had run out two days ago, and he was on his last legs. He knew that if he didn't get some water soon, he would surely die. The man saw a small hut ahead of him. He thought it would be a mirage or maybe a hallucination, but having no other option, he moved toward it. As he got closer, he realized it was quite real. So he dragged his tired body to the door with the last of his strength.

The hut was not occupied and seemed like it had been abandoned for quite some time. The man entered into it, hoping against hope that he might find water inside.

His heart skipped a beat when he saw what was in the hut - a water hand pump...... It had a pipe going down through the floor, perhaps tapping a source of water deep under-ground.

He began working the hand pump, but no water came out. He kept at it and still nothing happened. Finally he gave up from exhaustion and frustration. He threw up his hands in despair. It looked as if he was going to die after all.

Then the man noticed a bottle in one corner of the hut. It was filled with water and corked up to prevent evaporation.

He uncorked the bottle and was about to gulp down the sweet life-giving water, when he noticed a piece of paper attached to it. Handwriting on the paper read : "Use this water to start the pump. Don't forget to fill the bottle when you're done."

He had a dilemma. He could follow the instruction and pour the water into the pump, or he could ignore it and just drink the water.

What to do? If he let the water go into the pump, what assurance did he have that it would work? What if the pump malfunctioned? What if the pipe had a leak? What if the underground reservoir had long dried up?

But then... maybe the instruction was correct. Should he risk it? If it turned out to be false, he would be throwing away the last water he would ever see.

Hands trembling, he poured the water into the pump. Then he closed his eyes, said a prayer, and started working the pump.

He heard a gurgling sound, and then water came gushing out, more than he could possibly use. He luxuriated in the cool and refreshing stream. He was going to live!

After drinking his fill and feeling much better, he looked around the hut. He found a pencil and a map of the region. The map showed that he was still far away from civilization, but at least now he knew where he was and which direction to go.

He filled his flask for the journey ahead. He also filled the bottle and put the cork back in. Before leaving the hut, he added his own writing below the instruction: "Believe me, it works!"

This story is all about life. It teaches us that We must GIVE  before We can RECEIVE Abundantly.

More importantly, it also teaches that FAITH plays an important role in GIVING.

The man did not know if his action would be rewarded, but he proceeded regardless.

Without knowing what to expect, he made a Leap of Faith.

Water in this story represents the Good things in Life

Give life some Water to Work with, and it will RETURN far more than you put in........!!!

On 2016-3-27 at 9:41 PM, harsharan000 said:

Carrying tomatoes !!!

A teacher asked her students to bring some tomatoes in a plastic bag to school.

Each tomato was to be given the name of a person whom that child hates.

So, the number of tomatoes would be equal to the number of persons they hate.

On a pre-determined day, the children brought their tomatoes well addressed.

Some had two, some had three and some had five, some even had 20 tomatoes in accordance with the number of people they hated.

The teacher then told them they had to carry the tomatoes with them everywhere they go for two weeks.

As the days passed the children started to complain about the decay and smell of the tomatoes.

The students who had many tomatoes complained it was very heavy to carry and the smell was too much.

After a week, the teacher asked the students “How did you feel this week?”

The children complained of the awful smell and heavy weight of the tomatoes, especially those who carried several tomatoes.

The teacher said, “This is very similar to what you carry in your heart when you don’t like some people.

Hatred makes the heart unhealthy and you carry that hatred everywhere. If you can’t bear the smell of spoilt tomatoes for a week, imagine the impact of bitterness on your heart as you carry it daily.”

The heart is a beautiful garden that needs regular cleaning of unwanted weeds.

This makes room for storing good things.

Get Better, Not Bitter!!

If I had to carry tomatoes of the same amount colleagues I hate I'll carry 8 out of 20. 12 colleagues are sound. Chalo, ehna shukar.  

1 hour ago, harsharan000 said:

A MATTER OF BELIEVING IN ONESELF

IF YOU BELIEVE YOU ARE RIGHT

STILL PEOPLE CRITICIZE YOU

HURT YOU

SHOUT AT YOU

DON´T BOTHER

JUST REMEMBER THAT

IN EVERY GAME,

ITS IS THE AUDIENCE ONLY

WHICH MAKES NOIE

NOT PLAYERS.

BE A PLAYER,  BELIEVE IN YOURSELF,

AND DO THE BEST.

SAT sREE aKAL.

What about those players that manipulate others or the ones that play games, when there isn't a game? Or maybe those that are hypocritical and become silent, especially the ones that you respect? Then they aren't called players, they are the audience themselves.