Words Of Wisdom

harsharan000

Student Learns what is Greed

A student asked his teacher, “What is Greed?”

The teacher said, “In order to answer your question, go through the chocolate factory next to our school and pick the one chocolate you like the most. But there is a rule. As you pass through the factory, you can not turn back. You must pick the chocolate as you go forward only.”

The student went to the chocolate factory. As he walked through, He saw the one chocolate wrapped nicely, he instantly liked it but he wondered that he may find much bigger one further. So, He walked further, then he saw another chocolate.

But again, he thought the same. When he started to reach near the end of the factory, he couldn’t see any chocolates as big as the one he didn’t pick earlier and started to regret his decision of letting it go.

Finally, he gave up. He went back to the teacher with an empty hand and gave an explanation of what he did.

The teacher told him, “You did like the one chocolate very much but still you kept looking for a bigger one. And later you realized that what you let go off was the best chocolate you could find there. That my dear is called Greed.”

*Moral:* _We let go of many good things in our life because of our greed of having even better things. Our Human Nature is such that we always want better and better. But in the search of better, we let go of many good things which could have given us similar satisfaction and made us happy. Learn... make your choice wisely.

Love of a child for his/her mother

Mother sitting in a sad mood

Child : Mom, you are the second most beautiful woman in the world.

Mother: who is the first?

Child: It is also you, but when you smile.

Satisfaction in Life

A satisfied life is better

than a succesful life

Because our success is measured by others

But our satisfaction is measured

by our own heart mind and soul.

SOME DOHAS OF  BHAGAT KABIR

Parnaari ki rachnao, jo lehasun ki khani
Khoone besir khaiy, pragat hoye deewani
परनारी का राचणौ, जिसकी लहसण की खानि
खूणैं बेसिर खाइय, परगट होइ दिवानि
A desire for other's wife is like a mine of garlic.
A person can eat garlic hiding from all.
But the fact of his having consumed garlic,
is clear to anyone who meets him.

Had mein chale so maanava, behad chale so saadh
Had behad dono taje, taako bata agaadh

हद में चले सो मानव, बेहद चले सो साध
हद बेहद दोनों तजे, ताको बता अगाध 
The one who is confined in limitations is human,
the one who roams into unlimited, is a Sadhu.
The one who has dropped both limited and unlimited,
unfathomable is his being and understanding.

Ghat kaa pardaa kholkar, sanmukh de deedaar.
Baal sanehi saaiyaa, awe ant kaa yaar.

घट का परदा खोल कर, सन्मुख दे दीदार |
बाल स्नेही साईंयां, आवे अंत का यार
MEANING
He who opens the veil within your being and shows himself  in front of you!!
HE only is our true friend.
At the time of our birth
(here it refers spiritual birth or the moment when this creation came in existence and we as separate being came into picture)
he was the only friend
and when the journey of the soul has come to an end,
I see him only as true friend.
He has been our friend throughout our all lives,
only it took whole journey
from the origin to coming down this material world
and going back to our source
to make us realize this truth!!

Chali jo putli laun ki, thah sindhu ka len
Aaphu gali paani bhai, ulti kahe ko bain
चली जो पुतली लौन की, थाह सिंधु का लेन
आपहू गली पानी भई, उलटी काहे को बैन |
A piece of salt entered the ocean to find its depth
It dissolved and turned into salty water, who will return to tell the depth
MEANING
God is like an ocean.
When a seeker wants to find his depth
and enters into the region of god,
he himself merges into god.
Then the duality, which is necessay to give report,
does not exist.

* "Something beautiful on Naam Simran and its utmost importance":

Loot sake to loot le, ram naam ki loot
Paache pachhtayega, jab pran jayenge chhoot
लूट सके तो लूट ले, राम नाम की लूट
पाछे पछतायेगा, जब प्राण जायेंगे छूट |

You have the access to the name of Ram

and gather it,  as much as you want,

without any limitations.

then, why don´t you do that?

Otherwise at the last moment of your life

you will feel sorry,

for you shall depart with blackened face,

direct to the court of Dharam Rai or Kal Purukh

SADH KEE SANGAT, IS THE START OF LIFE

SEWA, IS THE ART OF LIFE

SIMRAN, IS THE PART OF LIFE

GURU JEE, IS THE GIFT OF LIFE

AKAL PURUKH, IS THE GOAL OF LIFE.

Sat Sree Akal.

23 minutes ago, simran345 said:

I really like this paji Harsharan. I know you've written it here, but I think this would be an appropriate reply to the post below, as it's partly titled "End Life", but I feel this describes life as it should be fulfilled. Life is to praise God. 

Simran Pen Jee,

this is the greatness of interpretations, and yours is quite acceptable.

But believe me, when I wrote that piece above, it was because, when I got that message as a forward, I saw some sort of wisdom in it, and felt sharing it with the sangat here, cause it summarizes, all the needful steps for our goal of becoming one with Him:

Sadh kee sangat: the company of the holy, to get imbued by their finer vibrations

Sewa: nishkam karam/ desireless action

Simran: purity

Guru Jee: Gur parsad

Akal Purukh: The Supreme everlasting  Truth.

Sat Sree Akal.

Motherly love

There were days when my home used to be filled with laughter, arguments, fights, jokes and loads of mischief.
Books used to be strewn all over the show. Pens and books all over, and clothes messing the rooms, thrown on the beds.
I used to shout at them to tidy up their mess.

In the morning:

One will wake up and say:
Mama I can't find a certain book.
And the other will say: I can't find my perfume,
And one will say: Mama where's my homework.
And  will say: Mama I forgot to complete my homework.

Everyone used to ask about their lost possessions.
And I will say, but take care of your stuff, be responsible, you have to grow up.

And today I stand at the doorway of the room.
The beds are empty.
All the cupboards have only a few pieces of clothes in them.
And what remains is the smell of perfume that lingers in the air.
Everyone had a special smell.
So I take in the smell of their perfume for maybe it will fill the empty ache in my heart.

All I have now is the memory of their laughs and their mischief and their warm hugs.

Today my house is clean and organized and everything is in its place, and it is calm and peaceful.
But it is like a desert with no life in it. Do not become angry with your kids about the mess.

Every time they come to visit and they spend time with us, when they are ready to leave. They pull their bags and it is as if they tug my heart along with it.

They close the door behind them and then I stand still and think of the many times I shouted them to close the doors.

Here I am today, closing my own doors. Nobody opens it besides me. Each one gone to a different city or a different country.
All left to find their own path in life.

They have grown up and I wished that they could stay with me forever.
Dear God :Take care of them & all other children wherever they may be , for you are their guide and their protector ... and always keep them happy..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fine tuning

If you were to give volume to your thoughts

what would they sound like -

sweet, melodious, or annoying and loud? 

Switch on your volume

every now and then,

and listen to yourself…..

Do some fine tuning if required.