Words Of Wisdom

harsharan000

The Paradoxical Commandments.

People Are Illogical, Unreasonable And Self-Centered.

Love Them Anyway..

If You Do Good, People Will Accuse You Of Selfish, Ulterior Motives.

Do Good Anyway..

If You Are Successful, You Win False Friends And True Enemies.

Succeed Anyway..

The Good You Do Today Will Be Forgotten Tomorrow.

Do Good Anyway..

Honesty And Frankness Make You Vulnerable.

Be Honest And Frank Anyway..

The Biggest Persons With The Biggest Ideas Can Be Shot Down By The Smallest
Persons With The Smallest Minds.

Think Big Anyway..

People Favor Underdogs But Follow Only Top Dogs.

Fight For A Few Underdogs Anyway..

What You Spend Years Building May Be Destroyed Overnight.

Build Anyway..

People Really Need Help, But May Attack You If You Do Help Them.

Help Them Anyway..

Give The World The Best You Have And You'll Get Kicked In The Teeth.

Give The World The Best You Have Anyway..!

Question of personality.

Once someone asked a Gyani :How to develop our personality ?

The Gyani replied: To develop your personality, you have to spend five days to have these five experiences to really blossom in your life.

You can develop your personality with these five experiences.

You have to sincerely play these five roles:

1. The first role which I would recommend to you is to be a School Teacher.

To teach lessons to children who are not learning, you need a lot of patience.

Being a nursery or primary school teacher, even for one day, you will see how you have to increase your patience.

2. Be a Gardener or spend a day with a Farmer.

If you are sowing the seeds, if you are watering the plants, you will know how you must care for water, earth and the environment.

You will have a feeling for the environment.

You will value food and you will not waste food.

You know, what we do?

We bring so much food, and we put it in the fridge and, after a few days in the refrigerator, we throw the food.

We are wasting millions and millions of tons of food every day.

We should not waste food. This we will learn if we spend one day being a farmer or a gardener.

3. You should spend a day in the mental hospital.

Whatever people talk in the mental hospital, you dont mind.

If they scold you,

if they blame you,

if they curse you,

will you mind?

You dont mind because you are aware that this person is mentally sick.

You know that many people are outside the hospital, but that does not mean they are mentally well.

So, in life, you come across people who blame you for nothing, who are jealous or angry, who say things that make no sense. Then, you know, you will have the patience to deal with them with a smile. You will not take the garbage inside and spoil your mind.

So one day if you spend in a mental hospital, you will know how to save your mind.

You will stop being a football of others opinions.

4. One day you must go to a prison. Maybe it is shocking to you.

You dont have to do a wrong thing to go to a prison.

Just go visit a prison, spend a little time with the prisoners.

You will understand what compassion is.

What helplessness is.

Those people did a mistake without awareness.

So you will know how you must have a say on your emotions.

5. There are terminally ill people in the hospital.

One day with them, and you will realize how precious life is.

And you will start valuing health.

You will eat better,

you will exercise.

You will do all that is needed to be more vibrant in your life.

With these five days what would be the outcome?

I guess from these five days you will become

More Vibrant,

More Alive,

More Loving,

Compassionate

and Active.

That's a nice piece of writing, Harsharan Paji. I thank God for gracing me with all of those experiences, I would also like to add, it makes one understand better what others are going through and also that there are a diversity of personalities in this world, that you would never expect to see.

As one goes about their daily lives, God's creation make up Sukhi and Dukhi people and as we all pass each other, we do not know the life of somebody until they tell us. Assumption is a tricky concept. It's always assumed, one is able to cope with issues/problems just because their presentation or behaviour is normal. But when we start seeing under all of that, then the personalities start to reveal.

"More vibrant " - more determined to not give up with problems.

"More alive" - one starts to realise life is worth putting effort into to get the best from it thus making one more alert.

"More loving" - one becomes more caring towards close ones, and devoted to humanity.

"More compassionate" - understanding is obtained and those that a problem for one are tolerated better.

"More active" - lolz ? I'm afraid that's not happened with me, but my typing has become more active ? Lol.

To develop personality it would take other activities and experiences too, and that I have to learn still and long way to go, as I'm a slow learner.

?? Waheguru.

simran345, on 31 Mar 2016 - 7:30 pm, said

"More alive" - one starts to realise life is worth putting effort into to get the best from it thus making one more alert.
"More loving" - one becomes more caring towards close ones, and devoted to humanity.
"More compassionate" - understanding is obtained and those that a problem for one are tolerated better.
"More active" - lolz I'm afraid that's not happened with me, but my typing has become more active Lol.

To develop personality it would take other activities and experiences too, and that I have to learn still and long way to go, as I'm a slow learner.
Waheguru.

Simran Pen Jee,

do not worry for being slow.

As the saying goes: slow and staedy wins the race.

Speed here is a relative adjective, cause no two people are at same levels.

The thing is, to be straightforward, sincere, honest, truthful, and to top it all, to be humble. Otherwise, the gyan, the virtues we want to get, shall never ever enter in us, they will just slip away at the entrance of our minds, cause there is no room for them, as it is fully occupied by ahankar, jealousy, envy, fakeness, and so on....

But you, do not have to worry, you have not any of these anti-virtues, rather a big heart with sympathy.

God bless you, and the rest of all of our brothers and sisters here.

Sat Sree Akal.

WHEN DOES LOVE EXIST

IF YOU LOVE SOMEONE

BECAUSE YOU THINK

HE OR SHE IS GORGEOUS

THEN IT IS NOT LOVE

IT IS INFATUATION

IF YOU LOVE SOMEONE

BECAUSE YOU THINK

YOU SHOULDN´T LEAVE HIM

BECAUSE OTHERS THINK YOU SHOULDN´T

THEN IT IS NOT LOVE

IT IS COMPROMISE

IF YOU LOVE SOMEONE

BECAUSE YOU CAN NOT LEAVE HIM

THINKING THAT WOULD HURT HIS FEELINGS

THEN IT IS NOT LOVE

IT IS CHARITY

IF YOU LOVE SOMEONE

BECAUSE YOU SHARE

EVERYTHING WITH HIM

THEN IT IS NOT LOVE

IT IS FRIENDSHIP

BUT IF YOU FEEL THE PAIN OF THE OTHER PERSON

MORE THAN HIM

EVEN WHEN HE IS STABLE

AND CRY FOR HIM

THEN THAT IS LOVE ...

Guest Jacfsing2

WHEN DOES LOVE EXIST

IF YOU LOVE SOMEONE

BECAUSE YOU THINK

HE OR SHE IS GORGEOUS

THEN IT IS NOT LOVE

IT IS INFATUATION

IF YOU LOVE SOMEONE

BECAUSE YOU THINK

YOU SHOULDN´T LEAVE HIM

BECAUSE OTHERS THINK YOU SHOULDN´T

THEN IT IS NOT LOVE

IT IS COMPROMISE

IF YOU LOVE SOMEONE

BECAUSE YOU CAN NOT LEAVE HIM

THINKING THAT WOUL HURT HIS FEELINGS

THEN IT IS NOT LOVE

IT IS CHARITY

IF YOU LOVE SOMEONE

BECAUSE YOU SHARE

EVERYTHING WITH HIM

THEN IT IS NOT LOVE

IT IS FRIENDSHIP

BUT IF YOU FEEL THE PAIN OF THE OTHER PERSON

MORE THAN HIM

EVEN WHEN HE IS STABLE

AND CRY FOR HIM

THEN THAT IS LOVE ...

"ਦੇਵਗੰਧਾਰੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੯ ॥ देवगंधारी महला ९ ॥ Ḏevganḏẖārī mėhlā 9. Raag Dayv-Gandhaaree, Ninth Mehl:

ਜਗਤ ਮੈ ਝੂਠੀ ਦੇਖੀ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ॥ जगत मै झूठी देखी प्रीति ॥ Jagaṯ mai jẖūṯẖī ḏekẖī parīṯ. In this world, I have seen love to be false.

ਅਪਨੇ ਹੀ ਸੁਖ ਸਿਉ ਸਭ ਲਾਗੇ ਕਿਆ ਦਾਰਾ ਕਿਆ ਮੀਤ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ अपने ही सुख सिउ सभ लागे किआ दारा किआ मीत ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥ Apne hī sukẖ si▫o sabẖ lāge ki▫ā ḏārā ki▫ā mīṯ. ||1|| rahā▫o. Whether they are spouses or friends, all are concerned only with their own happiness. ||1||Pause||

ਮੇਰਉ ਮੇਰਉ ਸਭੈ ਕਹਤ ਹੈ ਹਿਤ ਸਿਉ ਬਾਧਿਓ ਚੀਤ ॥ मेरउ मेरउ सभै कहत है हित सिउ बाधिओ चीत ॥ Mera▫o mera▫o sabẖai kahaṯ hai hiṯ si▫o bāḏẖi▫o cẖīṯ. All say, "Mine, mine", and attach their consciousness to you with love.

ਅੰਤਿ ਕਾਲਿ ਸੰਗੀ ਨਹ ਕੋਊ ਇਹ ਅਚਰਜ ਹੈ ਰੀਤਿ ॥੧॥ अंति कालि संगी नह कोऊ इह अचरज है रीति ॥१॥ Anṯ kāl sangī nah ko▫ū ih acẖraj hai rīṯ. ||1|| But at the very last moment, none shall go along with you. How strange are the ways of the world! ||1||

ਮਨ ਮੂਰਖ ਅਜਹੂ ਨਹ ਸਮਝਤ ਸਿਖ ਦੈ ਹਾਰਿਓ ਨੀਤ ॥ मन मूरख अजहू नह समझत सिख दै हारिओ नीत ॥ Man mūrakẖ ajhū nah samjẖaṯ sikẖ ḏai hāri▫o nīṯ. The foolish mind has not yet reformed itself, although I have grown weary of continually instructing it.

ਨਾਨਕ ਭਉਜਲੁ ਪਾਰਿ ਪਰੈ ਜਉ ਗਾਵੈ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕੇ ਗੀਤ ॥੨॥੩॥੬॥੩੮॥੪੭॥ नानक भउजलु पारि परै जउ गावै प्रभ के गीत ॥२॥३॥६॥३८॥४७॥ Nānak bẖa▫ojal pār parai ja▫o gāvai parabẖ ke gīṯ. ||2||3||6||38||47|| O Nanak, one crosses over the terrifying world-ocean, singing the Songs of God. ||2||3||6||38||47||" (Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Ang 536)

simran345, on 31 Mar 2016 - 7:30 pm, said

"More active" - lolz I'm afraid that's not happened with me, but my typing has become more active Lol.

Waheguru.

Simran Pen Jee,

do not worry for being slow.

As the saying goes: slow and staedy wins the race.

Speed here is a relative adjective, cause no two people are at same levels.

The thing is, to be straightforward, sincere, honest, truthful, and to top it all, to be humble. Otherwise, the gyan, the virtues we want to get, shall never ever enter in us, they will just slip away at the entrance of our minds, cause there is no room for them, as it is fully occupied by ahankar, jealousy, envy, fakeness, and so on....

But you, do not have to worry, you have not any of these anti-virtues, rather a big heart with sympathy.

God bless you, and the rest of all of our brothers and sisters here.

Sat Sree Akal.

Thank you Harsharan Paji, but I'm afraid I do have some of the anti-virtues you mentioned, probably a some of all. I believe that every soul is not without these emotions, as from birth, that they exist in humans, as they are natural reactions. But it's about controlling them, so as they do not hurt one's own soul and of another.

We can work towards reducing them, and only with the grace of God, will they eliminate and bring us closer to their path of enlightment.

The blessed ones are graced with this, not me, as I am but a sinner.

ਤਉ ਗੁਣ ਪਛਾਣਹਿ ਤਾ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਜਾਣਹਿ ਗੁਣਹ ਵਸਿ ਅਵਗਣ ਨਸੈ ॥

तउ गुण पछाणहि ता प्रभु जाणहि गुणह वसि अवगण नसै ॥

Ŧa▫o guṇ pacẖẖāṇėh ṯā parabẖ jāṇėh guṇah vas avgaṇ nasai.

If thou knowest His virtues, then shalt thou know the Lord and like this, merits shall abide in thee and demerits shall flee away.

SGGS ji. Ang 436

?? Dhan Guru Nanak Dev ji

I am nothing, it is my Lord, who has all the gun (virtues).

ਮੇਰੇ ਸਾਹਿਬਾ ਕਉਣੁ ਜਾਣੈ ਗੁਣ ਤੇਰੇ ॥

मेरे साहिबा कउणु जाणै गुण तेरे ॥

Mere sāhibā ka▫uṇ jāṇai guṇ ṯere.

O My Master, who can know Thine merits.

ਕਹੇ ਨ ਜਾਨੀ ਅਉਗਣ ਮੇਰੇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

कहे न जानी अउगण मेरे ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥

Kahe na jānī a▫ugaṇ mere. ||1|| rahā▫o.

My demerits cannot be recounted. Pause.

SGGS ji. Ang 156

?? Dhan Guru Nanak Dev ji