Veganism

bdemon

WJKK WJKF

Brother, this is not an argument. I have not personally insulted you, I don't believe in that. But as you can see, many a "sikh"' is quick on insulting someone with a different opinion. You also suggested I am taking steroids, why? Can we not debate different opinions and understanding, experiences without getting personal?

I don't understand how you can say there is not such a thing as a healthy weight? Is obesity not the opposite side of the scale to that?

Although that isn't a reliable source, it is correct due to knowing what the true range is., .6-1.1g is very reasonable and essential - most people will passively get this amount of protein in their diet just from eating an average vegetarian meal. With some work it's easy to hit your exact desired macros on a lean bulk...The only way to build muscle is to ensure you're at the very least at .6gxlb of body weight. If someone weighs 180 lbs - 108g of protein is very very easy. When someone is trying to 'gain' muscle 108g is MORE than enough to put on muscle mass. Only time you should look into playing with your protein and carbs is when you're cutting (like I posted previously). The reason why I touched the steroid subject is because this subject is a pet peeve of mine. A lot of Punjabi people on social media begin to talk about nutrition and whatnot because somehow they've become an authority on the subject by gaining a ridiculous amount of muscle in an unreasonable amount of time (hint: their endocrine system isn't natty lol).

I apologize for the condescending steroid comment, but still stick to what I'm saying.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4033492/

Read the macronutrient intake subsection. Someone who is a bodybuilder and does that competition stuff, only they will require a higher source of protein because they're trying to get to an unsustainable dry look to look very lean for the stage. Going catabolic until you are very lean requires high protein to retain the muscle mass and lose body fat - it's not sustainable. When you have a higher bodyfat percentage it is very easy to put on muscle mass so long as you're intaking the BARE minimum protein - you will be anabolic so long as you're in a caloric surplus.

edit- The reason why there is no such thing as healthy weight is because it's subjective. A 5'10" male at 160 lbs can be a lean athlete whereas another 5'10" male at 160 lbs can be skinnyfat.

If it's all about being ethical then why not reconsider using an Iphone made by overworked and exploited Chinese workers, the clothes that are made by impoverished people in Bangladesh who work in horrendous conditions, medicines or fragrances that are first tested on animals. The list goes on and on..

If the bottom line is about being ethical and ending suffering then why is it limited to cows? Why not apply those ethics to human suffering?

Where do you draw the line in terms of being ethical or is it easier just avoiding dairy products and ignoring everything else which aids your lifestyle........ to the detriment of others??

If it's all about being ethical then why not reconsider using an Iphone made by overworked and exploited Chinese workers, the clothes that are made by impoverished people in Bangladesh who work in horrendous conditions, medicines or fragrances that are first tested on animals. The list goes on and on..

If the bottom line is about being ethical and ending suffering then why is it limited to cows? Why not apply those ethics to human suffering?

Where do you draw the line in terms of being ethical or is it easier just avoiding dairy products and ignoring everything else which aids your lifestyle........ to the detriment of others??

it shouldnt be limited to cows, we as sikhs need to save the world one step at a time, being vegan so simple but it has a huge impact, because its achievable through ommission, and we should be ethical as much as practically possible.

also like i keep saying, by bring vegan you are also helping to end human suffering, firstly by being more effective with food and grain on the earth,i.e if we dont feed the cows grain we can feed starving humans and end world hunger and also for helping over population in the world we use up 1/3 of the earths surface for animal agriculture, thirdly, less pollution which means less people are getting sick and we can be stewards of the earth like we should be.

all of this and more can be achieved just by choosing to eat one thing instead of another, whats wxcuse do you have not to be vegan ?

Guest Jacfsing2

it shouldnt be limited to cows, we as sikhs need to save the world one step at a time, being vegan so simple but it has a huge impact, because its achievable through ommission, and we should be ethical as much as practically possible.

also like i keep saying, by bring vegan you are also helping to end human suffering, firstly by being more effective with food and grain on the earth,i.e if we dont feed the cows grain we can feed starving humans and end world hunger and also for helping over population in the world we use up 1/3 of the earths surface for animal agriculture, thirdly, less pollution which means less people are getting sick and we can be stewards of the earth like we should be.

all of this and more can be achieved just by choosing to eat one thing instead of another, whats wxcuse do you have not to be vegan ?

You keep repeating the same ideas without being logical about it, even if we lived in your world, most people would still be starving, probably even more. I'm also assuming you don't have much agricultural experience either, this will only make farmers have to speed up food production by a lot since now everyone is vegan, it will also decrease the organic quality because of the need to use GMO's, (Genetically Modified Foods). Just be honest and admit that you don't have the answers to this situation, unless you work in a farm and have actually grown food which other people eat, you won't understand the basics of this idea.

Agreed that is why I'm not vegan and just vegetarian. Veganism is great so long as there isn't a holier than thou attitude with one who follows it. Respect to people who can but like I said in my first page that it's wrong to become complacent.

You keep repeating the same ideas without being logical about it, even if we lived in your world, most people would still be starving, probably even more.

Lol why would people still be starving if there was a lot more food to go around?

I'm also assuming you don't have much agricultural experience either, this will only make farmers have to speed up food production by a lot since now everyone is vegan

That makes no sense, the vegan food is already being produced but its being sent to the animals and not the humans, also due to the capitalist system, food is having to be thrown out so pricrs can stay up, their paying farmers not to grow food!

it will also decrease the organic quality because of the need to use GMO's, (Genetically Modified Foods).

why will it descrease the organic quality? we could use premeculture methods, your arguement is just making jump after jump with no explination.

Just be honest and admit that you don't have the answers to this situation, unless you work in a farm and have actually grown food which other people eat

I may not have the solution as i am not edicated enough in that specific field but i know people who are and i know it makes more sense to feed plants to humans then over feed it to cows so we can kill them, I do not understand your arguement, i think your saying whatever you can to try and prove me wrong

you won't understand the basics of this idea.

i dont think you understand what your saying lol, the only thing that was right in what you have just said was that a gmo means Genetically Modified Food

although I personally dont have the answers for specifics im atleast learning farming about how to feed people, i worked at a farm in belgium and plan to work at other farms to learn premeculture methods and how to grow organic foods.

Guest Jacfsing2

That is WRONG. Those Chinese/Bangladeshi people have a choice to work in those places.. These animals did not have a choice at all. How can you compare a rapist/slaughter house to a factory where humans willingly go?? It is common sense, when something is wrong we do not associate with it, as we do not want to show that we support it.

What if they were blackmailed?

That is WRONG. Those Chinese/Bangladeshi people have a choice to work in those places.. These animals did not have a choice at all. How can you compare a rapist/slaughter house to a factory where humans willingly go?? It is common sense, when something is wrong we do not associate with it, as we do not want to show that we support it.

I think they probably don't have a choice, as look around the whole world, how easy is it to get a job?

Bangladesh/China is probably worse to find a job, so they probably go for whatever work they can get.

Guest Jacfsing2

They also get paid. If theyget blackmailed then it is on their luck since the majority are not.. People can get blackmailed anywhere.

So if I exploit humans it's all right, but animals not at all. (That sounds like PETA if you ask me).