Wjat Degree Shall I Do?

Guest gap year singh

Guest gap year singh

wjkk wjkf,

Im 1i years old and im confused about university and what degree I want and what job im looking to get. I dont wanna live my life working a pointless 9-5 job for a billionaire and support the capitalist system.

I want to do a job thats satisfying morally, a job which involves helping others and not jist about making myself money.

Ofcourse some may say i dony need to go uni to help others, but I want to be as effective as posdibl in helping people, I want to make big changes and big impacts that will help a lot of people and set up systems that help large groups. eg. I would rather start up several soup kitchens then work in one because setting up several will help more people, thats just an example but i hope you get what i mean.

Ive been thinking of doing Law so i could go into human rights law and help set up aid in other counteries and stuff, or work in the UN so i can have a say in what happens around the world etc.

im not really sure how that will work but i just want to do something! start a discussion which may spark some ideas, I hope someone reading this will have some ideas about what i can do.

WJKK WJKF

Guest Jacfsing2

Do you have other interests than just helping people? (I would recommend being a doctor for what you've described, but I don't know what other interests you have). You could take this test to find the right career for you: http://psychologytoday.tests.psychtests.com/take_test.php?idRegTest=3242 if you want to be a lawyer try learning about the civil system in your country.

First of all - the justice system doesn't work and you will be just wasting your time. don't put your faith in the government.

Secondly , without doing any actual work, you won't earn anything. And you will just end up jobless and on welfare living off other people's money, without helping a single person. Capitalism is the way to go. KIRAT KARO!!

Thirdly, all of those who go into law always say that they will fight for good, but that never happens. Sorry to crush your dreams, but thats the truth.

How about you get a good paying normal job, and then volunteer your free time and money towards a good cause as much as you can?

Become an engineer and then find ways, invent things so ppl in Africa can get water, tsunamis in 3rd world countries can be stopped, you can build earthquake resistant houses for the poor, make fossil fuel less cars and electricity.

I think the best thing to do is wat was said above, get a good high paying job than volunteer ur time and money to the great organizations out there. Like Habitat for Humanity, peace corps, Khalsa Aid, MediCorps, water.org....

Brother,

go to the Gurdwaras, there is plenty of Sewa, and also, whenever, wherever you see anybody is in need, just help to the best of your ability without any expectations, and then see, how Wahiguru gives you inner calmness, satisfaction, and a constant state of happiness, beyond imagination of any state found in this world.

When one waters the roots, no need to water the trunks or the leaves of that tree or plant, in a similar way, when you do selfless Sewa, you get in tune with His Hukum

God bless you.

Sat Sree Akal.

Guest gap year singh

For a moment on reading the starting of this thread, OP I thought you wrote you are 1yr old ?. Maybe a job that is related around helping disabled people?

Edited by simran345, Today, 09:16 AM.

Lol i meant 18 haha, so many typos i should have checked haha

Guest servehumanity

Look at learning reflexology or some sort of alternative therapy, counselling etc. These jobs will be needed more and more and become more important as kaljug takes its hold