Ardaas

simran345

"Gippy Grewal directs a powerful Punjabi drama exploring deep-seated social problems.

Gurmukh Singh is a bereaved teacher from the city, who finds himself transferred to a small village. He quickly becomes aware of the many social issues facing villagers, from poverty to alcoholism and suicide. When his past catches up with him, Gurmukh resolves to live his life to the fullest and devote himself to improving the lives of those around him. His strength is his firm religious faith. But will this be sufficient to deal the ever-growing problems besetting the community?

Having made his name in the Punjabi film industry with such hit entertainers as Carry on Jatta, Bahji in Problem and Jatt James Bond, singer and actor Gippy Grewal turns to social drama for his eagerly anticipated debut as writer and director. It is at once moving and uplifting, with a fine supporting cast and music by Jatinder Shah."

Just got back from watching Ardaas movie.

My review:

Gippy Grewal did a good job directing it. Everything portrayed in the movie is truth of the present time in Punjab.

As I've got back from pind life not long ago, it is quite an accurate portrayal of the areas covered; drugs, drink, suicide, family pressures, birth of girls, sons/husbands going abroad to work, family life.

There were funny moments, and sad moments, to which I did cry. Music and songs were good too, lyrics were perfect.

I think the actors/actresses played their roles with dedication. I didn't think Gurpreet Ghuggi would have been able to perform his role well, since he's a comedian actor mostly, but he was brilliant, so hats off to him. The women actresses and kids were very good too in their characters.

Gurbani was very well applied also to the scenes accordingly.

That's all I'm going to say, as don't want to spoil it for others. I can't comment for other viewers, but I will say, I enjoyed watching it.

WJKK WJKF

People like gippy go on and on promoting everything but sikhi, like their caste supremacist views and the whole sharan/Balle balle scene, yet to make more money they being these sort of films out and once again contradict everything they stand for. Just like Diljit Dosanj and many others. Majority of people ignore this fact.

WJKK WJKF

People like gippy go on and on promoting everything but sikhi, like their caste supremacist views and the whole sharan/Balle balle scene, yet to make more money they being these sort of films out and once again contradict everything they stand for. Just like Diljit Dosanj and many others. Majority of people ignore this fact.

Actually, I found that this movie highlighted Sikhi quite well.

It sent the message out to the audience of:

1. Gender Equality

2. Non-discrimination

3. Praise of Waheguru

4. Humanity

5. Seeing God in all

6. Kirat Karni (honest work)

And other moral values, that I've not mentioned. It was a simple message of sending out to the youngsters and adults of the right path and not to get diverted to the wrong negative path.

And the best thing is, Gurbani was in it, and not a movie portraying pakhandi babas, or girls dancing in clubs, with guys drooling over them, portraying it's ok, etc, or the usual nonsense fictional scenes that are not real or the truth.

So credit should be given where it's deserved. Maybe we should ourselves, take a look at what we are doing, rather than seeing others weaknesses all the time, look at the positives that one has contributed.

Gippy Grewal has done an interview, that the people he approached were not in favour of him doing the movie, and told him to do a commercial one, which would have made profit. It's a risk that was taken, and if you see the response that it's got on social media, then good I say. It's better to spend my money on movies like this, rather than watching the same old nonsense.

When the dvd comes out, I will be buying it, just as I did Eh Janam Tumhare Lekhe and give it to somebody that will benefit from it.

Another point to make, is that if singers/ people like him don't make these kind of movies, then the audience that watches or follow them will not get any awareness at all of righteousness, and how to be good humans, so that's a lot a people who will benefit from it.

PS: I'm not a Gippy Grewal fan, but I think he's done good on his first release.

WJKK WJKF

If people like gippy made a real change in their personal life I agree with the above an would support him ...but il wait and see if he release "jatt James Bond 2" first....the usual cycle is make daft films/songs against everything sikhi, then make a dharmic geet/film....then make another daft film/song!

Watch this space

WJKK WJKF

If people like gippy made a real change in their personal life I agree with the above an would support him ...but il wait and see if he release "jatt James Bond 2" first....the usual cycle is make daft films/songs against everything sikhi, then make a dharmic geet/film....then make another daft film/song!

Watch this space

Okji you are entitled to your opinion, and I respect that.

Ghuggi is very knowledgeable about sikh itihaas and is I feel trying to get people engaged to learning about sikhi and trying to protect our virsa ...so I was not surprised at his role

I've only seen him in comedy roles, but he surprised me in this movie. You could see the dedication in his character. Even Rana Ranbir made me cry, as I'd never of thought they could do such emotional roles.

I heard this film has been breaking records, good!

Yes, it keeps cropping up in my news feed on fb by many people.