simran345

Ardaas

37 posts in this topic

"Gippy Grewal directs a powerful Punjabi drama exploring deep-seated social problems.

Gurmukh Singh is a bereaved teacher from the city, who finds himself transferred to a small village. He quickly becomes aware of the many social issues facing villagers, from poverty to alcoholism and suicide. When his past catches up with him, Gurmukh resolves to live his life to the fullest and devote himself to improving the lives of those around him. His strength is his firm religious faith. But will this be sufficient to deal the ever-growing problems besetting the community?

Having made his name in the Punjabi film industry with such hit entertainers as Carry on Jatta, Bahji in Problem and Jatt James Bond, singer and actor Gippy Grewal turns to social drama for his eagerly anticipated debut as writer and director. It is at once moving and uplifting, with a fine supporting cast and music by Jatinder Shah."

1 person likes this

Just got back from watching Ardaas movie.

My review:

Gippy Grewal did a good job directing it. Everything portrayed in the movie is truth of the present time in Punjab.

As I've got back from pind life not long ago, it is quite an accurate portrayal of the areas covered; drugs, drink, suicide, family pressures, birth of girls, sons/husbands going abroad to work, family life.

There were funny moments, and sad moments, to which I did cry. Music and songs were good too, lyrics were perfect.

I think the actors/actresses played their roles with dedication. I didn't think Gurpreet Ghuggi would have been able to perform his role well, since he's a comedian actor mostly, but he was brilliant, so hats off to him. The women actresses and kids were very good too in their characters.

Gurbani was very well applied also to the scenes accordingly.

That's all I'm going to say, as don't want to spoil it for others. I can't comment for other viewers, but I will say, I enjoyed watching it.

1 person likes this

WJKK WJKF

People like gippy go on and on promoting everything but sikhi, like their caste supremacist views and the whole sharan/Balle balle scene, yet to make more money they being these sort of films out and once again contradict everything they stand for. Just like Diljit Dosanj and many others. Majority of people ignore this fact.

1 person likes this

WJKK WJKF

People like gippy go on and on promoting everything but sikhi, like their caste supremacist views and the whole sharan/Balle balle scene, yet to make more money they being these sort of films out and once again contradict everything they stand for. Just like Diljit Dosanj and many others. Majority of people ignore this fact.

Actually, I found that this movie highlighted Sikhi quite well.

It sent the message out to the audience of:

1. Gender Equality

2. Non-discrimination

3. Praise of Waheguru

4. Humanity

5. Seeing God in all

6. Kirat Karni (honest work)

And other moral values, that I've not mentioned. It was a simple message of sending out to the youngsters and adults of the right path and not to get diverted to the wrong negative path.

And the best thing is, Gurbani was in it, and not a movie portraying pakhandi babas, or girls dancing in clubs, with guys drooling over them, portraying it's ok, etc, or the usual nonsense fictional scenes that are not real or the truth.

So credit should be given where it's deserved. Maybe we should ourselves, take a look at what we are doing, rather than seeing others weaknesses all the time, look at the positives that one has contributed.

Gippy Grewal has done an interview, that the people he approached were not in favour of him doing the movie, and told him to do a commercial one, which would have made profit. It's a risk that was taken, and if you see the response that it's got on social media, then good I say. It's better to spend my money on movies like this, rather than watching the same old nonsense.

When the dvd comes out, I will be buying it, just as I did Eh Janam Tumhare Lekhe and give it to somebody that will benefit from it.

Another point to make, is that if singers/ people like him don't make these kind of movies, then the audience that watches or follow them will not get any awareness at all of righteousness, and how to be good humans, so that's a lot a people who will benefit from it.

PS: I'm not a Gippy Grewal fan, but I think he's done good on his first release.

Edited by simran345
1 person likes this

WJKK WJKF

If people like gippy made a real change in their personal life I agree with the above an would support him ...but il wait and see if he release "jatt James Bond 2" first....the usual cycle is make daft films/songs against everything sikhi, then make a dharmic geet/film....then make another daft film/song!

Watch this space

WJKK WJKF

If people like gippy made a real change in their personal life I agree with the above an would support him ...but il wait and see if he release "jatt James Bond 2" first....the usual cycle is make daft films/songs against everything sikhi, then make a dharmic geet/film....then make another daft film/song!

Watch this space

Okji you are entitled to your opinion, and I respect that. Edited by simran345

Ghuggi is very knowledgeable about sikh itihaas and is I feel trying to get people engaged to learning about sikhi and trying to protect our virsa ...so I was not surprised at his role

1 person likes this

Ghuggi is very knowledgeable about sikh itihaas and is I feel trying to get people engaged to learning about sikhi and trying to protect our virsa ...so I was not surprised at his role

I've only seen him in comedy roles, but he surprised me in this movie. You could see the dedication in his character. Even Rana Ranbir made me cry, as I'd never of thought they could do such emotional roles.

I heard this film has been breaking records, good!

Yes, it keeps cropping up in my news feed on fb by many people.

his speech on why he joined AAP

He makes some good points about the system in Punjab and drugs etc. I think he'd make a good minister, but it's not his field as he says.

But he does have genuine concern over the state of Punjab and the youth, good thinking.

Lol has nobody actually heard what your beloved ghuggi has to say about his beloved jattism? I agreed with everything he said up until 3:45 where he goes on and on and on about "JATT" even calling our mahaan shaheed Baba Deep Singh a jatt? Do none of you have a problem with that? Do you think Baba Deep Singh ji referred himself to be a Sandhills jatt or a Khalsa of guru Gobind Singh? When someone accepts Amrit they leave all ties with their ancestry yet still these mahaan sikh are chained to being a "jatt" yet some posters say ghuggi has good knowledge about ithiaas, maybe he should learn why the ithiaas happend and what sikhi is.

I love the way most of you forgot to mention that.

Again, back to my point- people like gippy and jokers like ghuggi need to sort out their hypocrisy before they can start preaching about sikhi?

Did no one see the bottle of "jatt whiskey" in that clip next in line to pics of our shaheed?

Sikhi has no place for caste supremacy, only the ones who believe in their caste over sikhi create this whole superiority thing.

Please give me any ithiaas, gurbani shabad or quote from the rehat Maryada where it states one should believe in the superiority of ones former ancestry.

Edited by sikhiseeker

Lol has nobody actually heard heard what your beloved ghuggi has to say about his beloved jattism? I aggreed with everything he said up until 3:45 where he goes on and on and on about "JATT" even calling out mahaan shaheed Baba Deep Singh a jatt? Do none of you have a problem with that? When someone accepts Amrit they leave all ties with their ancestry yet still these mahaan sikh are chained to being a "jatt" yet some posters say ghuggi has good knowledge about ithiaas, maybe he should learn why the ithiaas happend and what sikhi is.

Again, back to my point- people like gippy and jokers like ghuggi need to sort out their hypocrisy before they can start preaching about sikhi?

Did no one see the bottle of "jatt whiskey" in that clip next in line to pics of our shaheed?

Sounds like you have an inherent affinity for Jatts..

Lol has nobody actually heard what your beloved ghuggi has to say about his beloved jattism? I agreed with everything he said up until 3:45 where he goes on and on and on about "JATT" even calling our mahaan shaheed Baba Deep Singh a jatt? Do none of you have a problem with that? Do you think Baba Deep Singh ji referred himself to be a Sandhills jatt or a Khalsa of guru Gobind Singh? When someone accepts Amrit they leave all ties with their ancestry yet still these mahaan sikh are chained to being a "jatt" yet some posters say ghuggi has good knowledge about ithiaas, maybe he should learn why the ithiaas happend and what sikhi is.

Sikhi has no place for caste supremacy, only the ones who believe in their caste over sikhi create this whole superiority thing.

Please give me any ithiaas, gurbani shabad or quote from the rehat Maryada where it states one should believe in the superiority of ones former ancestry.

Bla bla bla blaa. I think you are just looking out for things to argue over.

When was the last time you focuses on yourself?

He is not my "beloved Ghuggi", sounds more like yours the way you are analysing every weakness of somebody.

I tend to see where somebody has done something good for somebody and don't go on and on about somebody's weaknesses, because do you know why?

Because Guru ji has graced me to stop and think about myself first and see my own weaknesses, before I get all hypocritical about others and their spiritual journeys. (Said without ego), although I still do have the weakness of forgetting this and should be focusing on myself.

I don't believe in caste, and don't encourage it either. So what I complimented some good work. Get over yourself will you and see some goodness in people too. But I guess that hurts to compliment somebody for anything they do.

I'm not one of those people who give the all "eh nai ida, oh nai Ida" on the internet, then in real when off the pc mix with everybody.

If you don't want to see their movies, then don't, but I'm not going to isolate myself from the world, but to integrate with them, so tough.

Edited by simran345

Bla bla bla blaa. I think you are just looking out for things to argue over.

When was the last time you focuses on yourself?

He is not my "beloved Ghuggi", sounds more like yours the way you are analysing every weakness of somebody. I guess it's difficult for somebody of your " high spiritual status" to accept that everybody is God's creation and that only people like you are perfect hey?

I tend to see where somebody has done something good for somebody and don't go on and on about somebody's weaknesses, because do you know why?

Because Guru ji has graced me to stop and think about myself first and see my own weaknesses, before I get all hypocritical about others and their spiritual journeys.

I don't believe in caste, and don't encourage it either. So what I complimented some good work. Get over yourself will you and see some goodness in people too. But I guess that hurts to compliment somebody for anything they do.

I'm not one of those people who give the all "eh nai ida, oh nai Ida" on the internet, then in real when off the pc mix with everybody.

If you don't want to see their movies, then don't, but I'm not going to isolate myself from the world, but to integrate with them, so tough.

WJKK WJKF

Penji, I haven't singled you out ever in any topic, this particular topic nor replied so rudely to any of your opinions, like you said, I have my own opinion but I try and base it on Maryada because my own opinion is flawed. I quoted you earlier because you were the topic poster.

I have highlighted only what I saw in the video and against Maryada and refer it back to my original point. Not to argue, but to open debate.

I have not said anywhere that I am perfect or a gret sikh? I have many sins to which I will account for.

However, the position panjab is in, is due to many of our own people. Not just the government. The people mentioned in my post are contributors to the "panjabi culture" therefore they are to blame aswell. Not to be venerated as great "role models".

Edited by sikhiseeker
1 person likes this

WJKK WJKF

Penji, I haven't singled you out ever in any topic, this particular topic nor replied so rudely to any of your opinions, like you said, I have my own opinion but I try and base it on Maryada because my own opinion is flawed. I quoted you earlier because you were the topic poster.

I have highlighted only what I saw in the video and against Maryada and refer it back toy original point. Not to argue, but to open debate.

I have not said anywhere that I am perfect or a gret sikh? I have many sins to which I will account for.

However, the position panjab is in, is due to many of our own people. Not just the government. The people mentioned in my post are contributors to the "panjabi culture" therefore they are to blame aswell. Not to be venerated as great "role models".

But in the video Paji or penji, he is talking about the system in Punjab and opposing what you are saying, so I don't understand what you are debating. He's saying that the problems in Punjab needs to be sorted out, unless I watched a different video.

I agree with you the bit about Punjab problems are not any better by singers singing songs about shraab and this that and the other. I think that contributes to it, because the youngsters follow these singers.

I've mentioned this in another post, a while ago. I've even messages singers myself to stop singing these songs and tell them on their social media. But if somebody does say or do something good then I say it.

If we encourage these changes and positive aspects of them, then they will feel like doing more movies and songs for the benefit of the youngsters. If we don't support them on their positive work, then how will anything progress?

You see it's media like cinema and songs that send out positive messages and awareness that youth and people are more likely to respond to. I think people are getting fed up of the same old chaklo raklo songs and movies now too. So I'm trying to support something good only. Hope you understand.

Edited by simran345

You are probably right in what you are saying Sikhiseeker ji as I've not watched the whole video, only the beginning bit. I watched more in the second one.

So I apologise to you. Also I have deleted something I wrote which was uncalled for as I thought you were belittling me for merely complimenting goodness in somebody.

Sorry ji if I hurt your soul.

Bhul chuk maf karna ji

I still think the more we tell these singers not to sing rubbish and more meaningful songs that don't sway youngsters to negativity, the better. I've seen on their FB profiles that quite few have started doing that.

Edited by simran345

But in the video Paji or penji, he is talking about the system in Punjab and opposing what you are saying, so I don't understand what you are debating. He's saying that the problems in Punjab needs to be sorted out, unless I watched a different video.

I agree with you the bit about Punjab problems are not any better by singers singing songs about shraab and this that and the other. I think that contributes to it, because the youngsters follow these singers.

I've mentioned this in another post, a while ago. I've even messages singers myself to stop singing these songs and tell them on their social media. But if somebody does say or do something good then I say it.

If we encourage these changes and positive aspects of them, then they will feel like doing more movies and songs for the benefit of the youngsters. If we don't support them on their positive work, then how will anything progress?

You see it's media like cinema and songs that send out positive messages and awareness that youth and people are more likely to respond to. I think people are getting fed up of the same old chaklo raklo songs and movies now too. So I'm trying to support something good only. Hope you understand.

WJKK WJKF

penji, I have quoted the video posted by jkvlondon so we're on the same hymn sheet.

I agree with all you said above, but after you have watched all the above video, please comment on what you hear. I personally think he lets himself down after 3:45, this shows he misunderstands what it means to be a Khalsa Sikh of Guru Nanak and all he previously stated is undone as he boasts for caste supremacy. I am against this 100% and do not make any apologies. If a child makes a mistake, you samjhaa them for the better. You do not let them carry on making the mistake. Therefore when someone taints sikhi with their own agenda or maan, they should be corrected within the guidelines of the maryada and sikhi, not allowed to carry on.

My point is, if gippy tomorrow makes the sequel to Jatt James Bond, the film Ardas, it's message and point then becomes undone as the producer is a contributor to the very issue he is complaning about. If he tomorrow accepts Amrit, or even stops anti sikh media and focuses on one sikhi, one unit, one body, I would support him 100%

WJKK WJKF

penji, I have quoted the video posted by jkvlondon so we're on the same hymn sheet.

I agree with all you said above, but after you have watched all the above video, please comment on what you hear. I personally think he lets himself down after 3:45, this shows he misunderstands what it means to be a Khalsa Sikh of Guru Nanak and all he previously stated is undone as he boasts for caste supremacy. I am against this 100% and do not make any apologies. If a child makes a mistake, you samjhaa them for the better. You do not let them carry on making the mistake. Therefore when someone taints sikhi with their own agenda or maan, they should be corrected within the guidelines of the maryada and sikhi, not allowed to carry on.

My point is, if gippy tomorrow makes the sequel to Jatt James Bond, the film Ardas, it's message and point then becomes undone as the producer is a contributor to the very issue he is complaning about. If he tomorrow accepts Amrit, or even stops anti sikh media and focuses on one sikhi, one unit, one body, I would support him 100%

Thank you ji, I've also cleared my misunderstandings in the my last post. I will watch it all.

You know what you should do, if you feel strongly about it, tell him on social media.

Edited by simran345

You are probably right in what you are saying Sikhiseeker ji as I've not watched the whole video, only the beginning bit. I watched more in the second one.

So I apologise to you. Also I have deleted something I wrote which was uncalled for as I thought you were belittling me for merely complimenting goodness in somebody.

Sorry ji if I hurt your soul.

Bhul chuk maf karna ji

I still think the more we tell these singers not to sing rubbish and more meaningful songs that don't sway youngsters to negativity, the better. I've seen on their FB profiles that quite few have started doing that.

WJKK WJKF

You do not have to apologise to me, I am no one important or of any status and my soul goes unhurt lol. I myself have tainted my soul with the sins of my karma and I alone have taken my soul on a detour route from mukhti, I'm trying to re-route but I lose the signal many a time lol.

The singers will always sing songs what sell because their just singers. It's our parcharaks like Bhai Jagraj Singh Ji who will shine the jot of Guru Nanak because it's blinding. Don't buy Gippys film, support basicstosikhi or sikh pow.

Thank you ji, I've also cleared my misunderstandings in the my last post. I will watch it all.

You know what you should do, if you feel strongly about it, tell him on social media.

WJKK WJKF

To raise the caste issue with the older generation is a no win situation. Only the ones what accept Gurmat will understand. It is them who are strongly attached to it and will have to deal with it. I'm more worried about the future of sikhi, not the past. Hence why my protest is on here. I don't teach my kids about caste supremacy, just equality.

So if the younger generation can read my protest on here's do read our correspondence....it's a good thing.

That's the only reason why I post on here.

1 person likes this

WJKK WJKF

To raise the caste issue with the older generation is a no win situation. Only the ones what accept Gurmat will understand. It is them who are strongly attached to it and will have to deal with it. I'm more worried about the future of sikhi, not the past. Hence why my protest is on here. I don't teach my kids about caste supremacy, just equality.

So if the younger generation can read my protest on here's do read our correspondence....it's a good thing.

That's the only reason why I post on here.

Yes you are right, it's the older generation that can't let go. I think it's better coming from older people for to have any effect on them.

Or if somebody's kid gets married out of caste, that's what normally raises awareness.

You are doing a great job with your kids, I'm sure they are very proud of you Sikhiseeker ji. Hanji they will be reading this as it's the Internet age and familiar with youngsters.

WJKK WJKF

You do not have to apologise to me, I am no one important or of any status and my soul goes unhurt lol. I myself have tainted my soul with the sins of my karma and I alone have taken my soul on a detour route from mukhti, I'm trying to re-route but I lose the signal many a time lol.

The singers will always sing songs what sell because their just singers. It's our parcharaks like Bhai Jagraj Singh Ji who will shine the jot of Guru Nanak because it's blinding. Don't buy Gippys film, support basicstosikhi or sikh pow.

You may not think you are important yourself. But you are a good role model for your kids and family and from that others will get inspiration too.

Where I am wrong , I do need to apologise, that's just me lol. My short temper has got better though, but still long way to go and it is impossible not to get a bit frustrated, but I guess that's part of life. I used to live in this bubble of mine years ago, where I never ever used to get irritated or angry. But now I realise it's not all bad, as a lot of people also take advantage of ones nice nature.

So nowadays I tend to defend more towards humanity, but I can get it wrong too.

It's good in Punjab they have people like Bhai Ranjit Singh Dhadriawala and other young parcharak, but the main craze seems to be Internet, What's app, Instagram and Snap chat. Facebook doesn't seem popular with the youngsters I met. They ask for your number first as they use Whats App more.

But help is needed with drink, drugs etc. Not just youngsters, elders too. It's the same here, the whole world has changed.

Edited by simran345