I Was Blessed With Amrit Two Days Ago

Guest SabreRider2000

Guest SabreRider2000

Hi Guys

I am a New Zealander who have been living in Delhi for the past 8 years since I married A Punjabi Sikh woman whom I met at the University of Auckland. Her family is composed of my wife our son, her brother, his wife and two sons, and parents and all of us live in the same house. Until 6 years ago, none were very religious and all of them cut their hair and none of them wore turbans. The first transformation came when my Mother-in-law started wearing the 5 k's and doing daily nitnam, She eventually convinced my father-in-law to get baptised and now he wears a turban. .Then shortly after my brother-in-law and his wife and two sons got baptised with all four of them wearing Sikh Saroop.Sensing a shift in the household my wife suggested that I would refrain from cutting my hair and some drinking alcohol so I don't offend the current religous atmosphere in the house. Last year my wife got baptised and our 4 year old son now wears a patka. Instead of resisting I decided to join the entire family for daily Nitnam everyday, Since I stop cutting my hair two years ago and have shoulder length hair long enough to form a bun I desided to take the plunge and wear a dastar for the first time in my life last month. After one month of wearing the dastar everday I got baptised at the Gurdwara SIS Ganj Sahib two days ago.

SGGS Ang 1370

कबीर सोई मुखु धंनि है जा मुखि कहीऐ रामु ॥
Kabīr so▫ī mukẖ ḏẖan hai jā mukẖ kahī▫ai rām.
Kabeer, blessed is that mouth, which utters the Lord's Name.
देही किस की बापुरी पवित्रु होइगो ग्रामु ॥११०॥
Ḏehī kis kī bāpurī paviṯar ho▫igo garām. ||110||
It purifies the body, and the whole village as well. ||110||

You are truly blessed SabreRider, many Sikhs spend their whole lives in the presence of Guru Ji but do not recognise them. You have take your step towards Guru Ji and He will take 'Kote' steps towards you, with open arms.

Your Amrit is the first step, now live the life of a son of Guru Gobind Singh Ji and Mata Sahib Kaur Ji.

• 3 years later...

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• yeh it's true, we shouldn't be lazy and need to learn jhatka shikaar. It doesn't help some of grew up in surrounding areas like Slough and Southall where everyone thought it was super bad for amrit dharis to eat meat, and they were following Sant babas and jathas, and instead the Singhs should have been normalising jhatka just like the recent world war soldiers did. We are trying to rectifiy this and khalsa should learn jhatka.  But I am just writing about bhog for those that are still learning rehit. As I explained, there are all these negative influences in the panth that talk against rehit, but this shouldn't deter us from taking khanda pahul, no matter what level of rehit we are!
    • How is it going to help? The link is of a Sikh hunter. Fine, but what good does that do the lazy Sikh who ate khulla maas in a restaurant? By the way, for the OP, yes, it's against rehit to eat khulla maas.
    • Yeah, Sikhs should do bhog of food they eat. But the point of bhog is to only do bhog of food which is fit to be presented to Maharaj. It's not maryada to do bhog of khulla maas and pretend it's OK to eat. It's not. Come on, bro, you should know better than to bring this Sakhi into it. Is this Sikh in the restaurant accompanied by Guru Gobind Singh ji? Is he fighting a dharam yudh? Or is he merely filling his belly with the nearest restaurant?  Please don't make a mockery of our puratan Singhs' sacrifices by comparing them to lazy Sikhs who eat khulla maas.
    • Seriously?? The Dhadi is trying to be cute. For those who didn't get it, he said: "Some say Maharaj killed bakras (goats). Some say he cut the heads of the Panj Piyaras. The truth is that they weren't goats. It was she-goats (ਬਕਰੀਆਂ). He jhatka'd she-goats. Not he-goats." Wow. This is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard in relation to Sikhi.
    • Instead of a 9 inch or larger kirpan, take a smaller kirpan and put it (without gatra) inside your smaller turban and tie the turban tightly. This keeps a kirpan on your person without interfering with the massage or alarming the masseuse. I'm not talking about a trinket but rather an actual small kirpan that fits in a sheath (you'll have to search to find one). As for ahem, "problems", you could get a male masseuse. I don't know where you are, but in most places there are professional masseuses who actually know what they are doing and can really relieve your muscle pains.

Important Information

Terms of Use