Why Nanaksar Ragiis Are Celibate

There are no rigid rules as such one should be celibate or gristhi as everyone has different karam, many are give gristh jevan handful of them are not, its balance in universe also known as aspect of hakum, some despite of gristh jevan cant have kids and are baren, their gristhi jeevan turns out to be half futile. The minute we start super imposing one brush or one rule on entire human race not only we undermine diverse hakum of akaal purkh which is always unfolding in the eternal present moment- here and now but we also become spiritually bankrupt.

Nanaksar started off as celibate sect but its quite diverse as many jathedars who were inspired by baba nand singh allowed gristhi jevan singhs in their jatha as time evolved so there is no rule as such in nanaksar one have to be celibate.

Only WAHEGURU knows whose genuine or fake.

Treat everyone with respect

UN Declaration of Human Rights, Innocent Until Proven Guilty ;-)

Be mindful, my friend, of understanding basic legal principles and how apt or non-apt they might be to Sikhi.

As far as this 'innocent until proven guilty' lark goes we need to discard any claims that it is an invention of English Common Law (which Canada and America also practice) and understand that the principle's origins lay in the Roman Law practiced in mainland Europe who took the principle from the Christian Bible, notably the story of Adam and Eve and the way God could only judge Adam as guilty once testimonies were heard and more importantly from Deutoronomy 19:15 and the story of Moses whereby he said if God needs to summon witnesses before passing judgement then humans must also do so, i.e innocent until proven guilty.

So, not wanting to base my Sikhi ideals on made up stories from the Christian faith, I would say Sikhi is pretty clear-cut (i.e without the need for Christian witnesses and testimonies) in that a Sikh should marry, have children and live the life of a hard-working householder.

Which Guru are you talking about?

That was my question. In the link it said this, I question it.

I've never been, but went on Saturday to Gurdwara Ishar Darbar West Bromwich, and saw a HUGE photo behind the SGGS of Sant Isher Singh which was very odd, was he Amritdhari? he wears no Kirpan in his photo. Even the Ardass Jo aagiya pai akal gi sung before was partial.

That was my question. In the link it said this, I question it.

I've never been, but went on Saturday to Gurdwara Ishar Darbar West Bromwich, and saw a HUGE photo behind the SGGS of Sant Isher Singh which was very odd, was he Amritdhari? he wears no Kirpan in his photo. Even the Ardass Jo aagiya pai akal gi sung before was partial.

I don't know about the West Bromwich gurdwara, but some other Nanaksar Gurdwaras I been, they have picture of him.

It is not to worship them, but for satkaar only.

Sant Isher Singh ji were a Gurmukh sevadar, Saint and were Amritdhari.

Here's some links, about him, which may help to understand it:

http://www.sikhlionz.com/Baba-Isher-Singh-Ji-Kaleran-wale.htm

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/73441-sakhis-baba-nand-singh-ji-baba-isher-singh-ji/?hl=%2Bsant+%2Bisher+%2Bsingh

http://www.sikhawareness.com/topic/5134-life-sketch-of-baba-ishar-singh-ji-kaleran-wale/

You should have asked a sevadar at the Gurdwara about it, if we don't ask we won't know.

Exactly. Somehow it has now come to such a state that today people think grahisti means selfish and celibate means selfless. Now we have Singhs who want to dedicate themselves to seva thinking they should become celibate because they are under the misconception (ਗਲਤਫਹਿਮੀ) that they are making a big balidaan or sacrifice and that Guru Sahib will be more happy because of this. But who can be more dedicated than grahists like Sant Bhindranwale, Sukhdev Singh Babbar or Baba Manochahal? And this is just the tip of the iceberg. The list of Shaheeds and Mahapursh and Bhagats who have been grahists is endless.

So in conclusion, celibacy has NOTHING to do with Gurmat Marg as revealed by Guru Jees either spiritually or Rehit wise.

If a person wants to become celibate for some other reason they can do so but they should not be under the misconception that it will make them closer or higher in the Kripa Drishti of Vaheguru.

this equation is skimmed from hindu thought patterns ...that's also closely linked to the whole pakhandi baba support thing ...Guru ji made it clear no sikh bows to anything or anyone but Gurbani Guru Granth Sahib ji , there are many cases of people being saintly but then with shardalu feeding their haumai they take a big fall from kirpa ...I would rather respect from a distance and not endanger anyone that way, since to break someone from Guru ji's chara is a mahapaap. I trust in Guru ji's bachan and template for life so I trust in striving whilst in the world, taking part in grahist jivan (all the founders of religions were grahisti (I believe Jesus too because that is the only way a female could stay in the company of the apostles given society rules) . Bhai Rama Singh ji also mentioned how taking the other path is so much harder because kaam doesn't stay in control .

so choose the path with a constant sangat of like mind , support for development of control of 5 vikar , support for enhancement of 5 gun or try the path where everything has to be done divorced from the world, solitarily...

Bhai Rama Singh ji also mentioned how taking the other path is so much harder because kaam doesn't stay in control .

Very true words by Bhai Rama Singh ji. Becoming a celibate is not easy, if it was there would be a whole world of them. The 5 vikar always exist, some has less, some have more. It's a matter of being able to control them, so they don't overpower ones soul. And then there's those Brahmgyanis and Mahapursh and souls who can do that, which is rare.

I don't know about the West Bromwich gurdwara, but some other Nanaksar Gurdwaras I been, they have picture of him.

It is not to worship them, but for satkaar only.

Sant Isher Singh ji were a Gurmukh sevadar, Saint and were Amritdhari.

Here's some links, about him, which may help to understand it:

http://www.sikhlionz.com/Baba-Isher-Singh-Ji-Kaleran-wale.htm

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/73441-sakhis-baba-nand-singh-ji-baba-isher-singh-ji/?hl=%2Bsant+%2Bisher+%2Bsingh

http://www.sikhawareness.com/topic/5134-life-sketch-of-baba-ishar-singh-ji-kaleran-wale/

You should have asked a sevadar at the Gurdwara about it, if we don't ask we won't know.

Having a huge picture of a Sant is OK? when they should have Sikh Gurus only? this is manmat not Gurmat.

Human idolising is not Sikhi

Having a huge picture of a Sant is OK? when they should have Sikh Gurus only? this is manmat not Gurmat.

Human idolising is not Sikhi

The Gurdwaras I go to do have pictures of the Gurus, so I can't comment on where you went as I've never been there.

I just gave you the links of the history of the Sant, nor have I seen where the picture is where you went, as I've mentioned it in my post I don't know about that.