Why Nanaksar Ragiis Are Celibate

Guest Jacfsing2

having diffrent room for guru granth sahib ji. doing prakash of guru granth sahib ji twice. having guru nanak's picture in sachkhand. having no nishan sahib. singing kacchi bani.

Can you explain the Kacchi bani? (Everything else you said is correct from what I've heard.

As long as the meaning is not twisted up some people do sing dharnas from gurbani to get the message across to people while not sounding too religious.

Nanaksar however I would say offer the greatest inspiration to people who want to work and progress seriously in the religious/spiritual part of their lives. They simply want you to get down to reality and do maximum naam jap for yourself which is the only thing which is important. That is the whole purpose of us having been given this human body and sent down on this earth.

asa mehla 5 Bhei parapat Manukh dheriya in Rehras - the whole pauri which we are supposed to read everyday explains this clearly. Anything else we do is going to be of no use to us.

So which nanksar dharnaas exactly can you say are wrong?

So which nanksar dharnaas exactly can you say are wrong?

i am not saying dharnaas are wrong. i am just asking why they have diffrent maryada? why they do prakash of guru granth sahib ji twice? after asa di vaar why they close the doors of sachkhand?

If they started the service at 2.00 a.m. then I suppose they may want to retire for some rest. So after their nitnem they do sukhasan. I am also assuming that in the days of war, that is probably what they did. As they may not want to leave Sri Guru Granth Sahib unattended when they are out at war.

It does leave he Guradwara visitors in a bit of a predicament to know that you are going to be visiting the guradwara and performing a mata tek when Sri Guru Granth Sahib is at sukhasan.

When we had to go out anywhere we used to perform sukhasan earlier than normal. Keeping in mind that they also do not cook at the premises, maybe that is why they perform sukhasan, however that cannot be a valid reason as sangat is always ready to do seva. Perhaps they dont want parkash when there is no ceremony going on. The best person who can explain the deeper reason maybe themselves.

if we look deeper into things then Guru has given each person a different hukam to follow. Baba Bhandha singh bahadur was given a different set of rules and Pande khan was given something else to follow. It may be that (Nanaksar) priests are simply at a different spiritual level than the rest of us. I was reading about the Buddist explanation on the stages of enlightenment. Even after initial enlightenment - the soul takes birth 7 times in order to purify itself more. These people have a reduced level of lust, moh, anger etc. They are able to remain celibate. Therefore Nanaksar maryada maybe more appropriate for their needs in order to attain full enlightenment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_stages_of_enlightenment

i am not saying dharnaas are wrong. i am just asking why they have diffrent maryada? why they do prakash of guru granth sahib ji twice? after asa di vaar why they close the doors of sachkhand?

because SIkhi has never been a cookie cutter sikh kind of path , but one that accepts the journey is individual and unique but the path and method is the same .

If they started the service at 2.00 a.m. then I suppose they may want to retire for some rest. So after their nitnem they do sukhasan. I am also assuming that in the days of war, that is probably what they did. As they may not want to leave Sri Guru Granth Sahib unattended when they are out at war.

It does leave he Guradwara visitors in a bit of a predicament to know that you are going to be visiting the guradwara and performing a mata tek when Sri Guru Granth Sahib is at sukhasan.

When we had to go out anywhere we used to perform sukhasan earlier than normal. Keeping in mind that they also do not cook at the premises, maybe that is why they perform sukhasan, however that cannot be a valid reason as sangat is always ready to do seva. Perhaps they dont want parkash when there is no ceremony going on. The best person who can explain the deeper reason maybe themselves.

if we look deeper into things then Guru has given each person a different hukam to follow. Baba Bhandha singh bahadur was given a different set of rules and Pande khan was given something else to follow. It may be that (Nanaksar) priests are simply at a different spiritual level than the rest of us. I was reading about the Buddist explanation on the stages of enlightenment. Even after initial enlightenment - the soul takes birth 7 times in order to purify itself more. These people have a reduced level of lust, moh, anger etc. They are able to remain celibate. Therefore Nanaksar maryada maybe more appropriate for their needs in order to attain full enlightenment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_stages_of_enlightenment

perhaps more gurdwarey who do not have their security sorted out should do similar.

Celibates only are allowed into the sach khand which is situated in Hazur Sahib. I think only they are allowed to go in and get the shastars of Guru Gobind Singh Ji. These are displayed in the evening. There is one particular person who is their leader and he is the one who goes in and fetches the weapons. No one else is allowed in there. So it seems like Guru Gobind Singh Ji has laid out some rules for only celibates to serve him at a closer level.