Sunny Hundal's Latest Sikh Article

StarStriker

Funny u mention that, just 2day on nihals show which i was listening back to, a comment was made by an elderly muslim man, which left nihal speechless. The grandad said, how his granddaughter, went on a school trip to a gurdwara, and had langar/coke. She told her grandad, that her friends have told her, she is now a non-muslim/kuffar/dirty n unclean, coz she had food/drink frm kuffars. 8 yr olds r beleiving this in this country! I wasnt that shocked by those comments, but even i was slightly taken back by that...if that makes sense.

Thats nothing......Think about this for one moment and think how it looks to all non-Sikhs:

My cousin's young son is 10 years old and became amritdhari this year. He won't eat food if his own mother touches it (because she's not amritdhari) and if he does touch it (eat it) the Gurdwara says he is an apostate (i.e equivelent of a kaffir) and his baptism is revoked. Think about that for one moment : A Child won't/can't eat food touched by his own mother. The same woman from whose belly he came out of just a few years ago.

See what I mean now about understanding that there are people out there who can, do and are ready to hate us just as much as they hate the muslims ad for exactly the same reasons. Hate and bigotry are like boomerangs. They will always eventually come back to the person that throws it.

Thats nothing......Think about this for one moment and think how it looks to all non-Sikhs:

My cousin's young son is 10 years old and became amritdhari this year. He won't eat food if his own mother touches it (because she's not amritdhari) and if he does touch it (eat it) the Gurdwara says he is an apostate (i.e equivelent of a kaffir) and his baptism is revoked. Think about that for one moment : A Child won't/can't eat food touched by his own mother. The same woman from whose belly he came out of just a few years ago.

See what I mean now about understanding that there are people out there who can, do and are ready to hate us just as much as they hate the muslims ad for exactly the same reasons. Hate and bigotry are like boomerangs. They will always eventually come back to the person that throws it.

A pretty good point. Any replies to this?

Thats outrageous pretentiousness! I bet hes angry that his mum breastfed him and he didnt have the ability at the time to talk n say no, coz it isnt amritdhari breastmilk.

I know a handful of Singhs who follow Bibeki maryada and you wouldn't know it to look at them, because they don't make a song and dance about it. More importantly, they're adults. They're in gainful employment, therefore have their own disposable income in order to live that lifestyle and fulfill their religious dietary requirements. It's a choice they made based on what they felt was the right thing to do according to their interpretation of Sikhi. Basically, they made an informed decision and are leading a lifestyle that doesn't affect any third party. A child has no business dictating such terms to his mother. If he (the child in Jagsaw's situation) feels so strongly about it, he should go find a job and learn how to cook. Plus, he should insist his mother doesn't wash or iron his clothes, in-case she pollutes his garments with her "unclean" touch.

But, anyway, the bibek discussion has gone down a cul-de-sac that isn't wholly relevant to the discussion. The topic is about Hundal's grossly erroneous interpretation of Sikhi, and the devious manner in which he delights in throwing Sikhs under the bus in order to smooth the journey of his Muslim and / or Regressive Left sponsors that put food on his table. When I have the time, I'll try to make a post on why comparing the dietary requirements of certain Sikhs is a completely different kettle of fish to the systematic theocracy that is political Islam which is indisputably against the plurality of religious existence, and proceeds to make inroads into non-Muslim countries through the gentle yet concerted pushing of boundaries on multiple fronts, be they social and political. I make no promises, though, lol.

Nice one!

Also yes, we should get back to the topic of that mug hundals rubbish article. What i dont get is, WHY has he posted this on a muslim site, when the whole purpose u would imagine for article is to supposedly change sikh mindset?

Guest Jacfsing2

I know a handful of Singhs who follow Bibeki maryada and you wouldn't know it to look at them, because they don't make a song and dance about it. More importantly, they're adults. They're in gainful employment, therefore have their own disposable income in order to live that lifestyle and fulfill their religious dietary requirements. It's a choice they made based on what they felt was the right thing to do according to their interpretation of Sikhi. Basically, they made an informed decision and are leading a lifestyle that doesn't affect any third party. A child has no business dictating such terms to his mother. If he (the child in Jagsaw's situation) feels so strongly about it, he should go find a job and learn how to cook. Plus, he should insist his mother doesn't wash or iron his clothes, in-case she pollutes his garments with her "unclean" touch.

But, anyway, the bibek discussion has gone down a cul-de-sac that isn't wholly relevant to the discussion. The topic is about Hundal's grossly erroneous interpretation of Sikhi, and the devious manner in which he delights in throwing Sikhs under the bus in order to smooth the journey of his Muslim and / or Regressive Left sponsors that put food on his table. When I have the time, I'll try to make a post on why comparing the dietary requirements of certain Sikhs is a completely different kettle of fish to the systematic theocracy that is political Islam which is indisputably against the plurality of religious existence, and proceeds to make inroads into non-Muslim countries through the gentle yet concerted pushing of boundaries on multiple fronts, be they social and political. I make no promises, though, lol.

Different Jathas have different views on what Roti Beti Di Sanjh means.

Serious questions: who prepares his food if he refuses his mum's cooking? How does he eat if he doesn't take food prepared from non-Gursikhs? He can't buy school lunches at the canteen due to obvious reasons, and he clearly isn't going to let his mum prepare a packed lunch for him. Snacks and junk food are off the table because they're prepared / manufactured by non-Gursikhs in non-bibeki environments. Does he only eat at the Gurdwara? Surely that isn't very practical.

Plus, what madman allowed a 10 year-old to take Amrit, and more importantly, how is a pre-pubescent child dictating such terms to his parents when he relies on them to stay alive?

seriously I doubt this story as Panj piarey will only allow amrit for children who have at least one adult supporting them in the home as sangat and in practicalities in home and acting a responsible adult in that respect.