Sikhism And Apostasy

First of all I am not leaving Sikhism, as I am proud of my faith. I am just wondering whats people's reaction when someone leaves their religion, like for example in Islam they kill people if they leave their religion while for Christians who had left their religion will go to hell? What about us? I know that Sikhism doesn't kill people or tells them that they will be punished, but still. What will happen to those who leave their faith?

Guest Jacfsing2

How Notorious devotees like Ajamal, Ganika, Gaj etc were saved by Almighty is a topic not widely discussed but very relevant in modern society.

Who are the people you mentioned? (I haven't heard of them)?

Guest Jacfsing2

First of all I am not leaving Sikhism, as I am proud of my faith. I am just wondering whats people's reaction when someone leaves their religion, like for example in Islam they kill people if they leave their religion while for Christians who had left their religion will go to hell? What about us? I know that Sikhism doesn't kill people or tells them that they will be punished, but still. What will happen to those who leave their faith?

Nothing official, sometimes they might be generally shunned by some people. In all reality we can't really save ourselves; it's between you and Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji, because he is the only one who could save you. Most people would just live their life like normal, some may try to bring you back because they essentially care deeply about the well-being of the lost friend.