Why Do We Have To Wear A Kachera?

Guest Curious

Kachera is 1 of the 5 k's,,

You wear kashera to cover your body like a real man,,it is not like any underwear that tears down,,it is spiritual way to cover your body,,sikhs do not wear panties or that kind of stuff,,

I feel a little bad for raising questions on these topics,,

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki Fateh

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Practicality? Because tidy whities or boxers could be yanked down very easily during any activity (boys' locker room antics). A Kashera is the underwear of a tyar-bar-tyar Gursikh (man or woman) who is ever ready to take on any challenge. It is supremely practical in its security, simplicity and conservative nature. Even for a woman, any person who would dare to subdue a woman for any molestation or rape would face a challenge removing a Kashera if appropriately tied. It may very well buy enough time for that Bibi to retaliate.

Guru Sahib gave us his own form, and that form has sentimental, practical, spiritual and temporal purposes.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
Guest HSA

Everyone else has answered their stuff, but main thing they said it is Guru's hukam, i mean u already know that. You want a reason. So, maybe this will convince you, i am khalsa, and when i took amrit, i did wear kachera, but then I left, because i thought, it was not that useful, i mean, i am wearing an underwear. I would tell u why i started wearing them again, i do wear an underwear, cause i am comfortable that way, but i wear a kachera too. So, firstly, kachera does help in controlling one's sexual urges, I am talking about sex and stuff, cause if you cheat, or go under sex outside marriage, u would be reminded when u are taking the kachera off, i.e "u are doing something wrong alert". But that won't happen with any underwear u would Wearing, also tell me this, who would you be attracted to more, a person wearing a sexy underwear or a person in a kachera?

And if u have any uncomfort, u can wear 'em both.

Also, if u would be in a public place, like in a gym or a spa, people get naked there, in a steam room or something, but u cannot because u cannot remove these 5Ks from your body, it differentiates you totally.

Hope this help, waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh.