Need Some Low Carb Veg Recipes.

dallysingh101

please don't demonise starch (carbs) too much is it necessary for health too . Our elders need to go back to eating their traditional ways , not so much fried and sweet foods , back in the day all that stuff was restricted to special occasions not every weekend.

I'm not demonizing them. I just don't think we need as much as we usually have these days.

Thing with our (even recent) ancestors is that they worked hard, and I mean HARD compared to us now. So their energy expenditure was infinitely higher than ours. We do a fraction of the physical exertions they did but eat even more than them, and often unhealthy processed foods/snacks too....do the math

I'm not demonizing them. I just don't think we need as much as we usually have these days.

Thing with our (even recent) ancestors is that they worked hard, and I mean HARD compared to us now. So their energy expenditure was infinitely higher than ours. We do a fraction of the physical exertions they did but eat even more than them, and often unhealthy processed foods/snacks too....do the math

preaching to the choir ... I don't even fry paneer just popit in white into the tarkda and let it take on the flavours , since I started that all my family's females started doing the same , only exception is if I make paneer on the spot from milk (too soft) then I tried to brown it with the onions . We rarely eat anything fried usually once in a blue moon...kids and hubby appreciate it more and their skin and waistlines stay good. When we go non-traditional to our ancestors diet it does a number on our systems ...it's been studied scientifically and confirmed that returning to our cuisines makes good nutritional and digestive sense . Besides who wants to look and be as slow as the average American ?

preaching to the choir ... I don't even fry paneer just popit in white into the tarkda and let it take on the flavours , since I started that all my family's females started doing the same , only exception is if I make paneer on the spot from milk (too soft) then I tried to brown it with the onions . We rarely eat anything fried usually once in a blue moon...kids and hubby appreciate it more and their skin and waistlines stay good. When we go non-traditional to our ancestors diet it does a number on our systems ...it's been studied scientifically and confirmed that returning to our cuisines makes good nutritional and digestive sense . Besides who wants to look and be as slow as the average American ?

That's the thing though. I've experimented with a good few diets now. (I'm doing another vege one as we speak). I don't think fats are that bad from my experience. I've tried a LCHF (low carb high fat) diet and surprisingly didn't put on loads of weight and wasn't sluggish. Mind you I trained hard as hell during it. When I up carbs, my tidh goes into jaloos mode.

Our native diet is relatively high fat with all the dairy. I never saw my grandparents eat more than two rotis (3 sometimes maybe) and they grafted hardcore, ate butter, keeo and yogurt all the time.

In the end I guess we have to experiment and find what best suits our own unique biology.

That's the thing though. I've experimented with a good few diets now. (I'm doing another vege one as we speak). I don't think fats are that bad from my experience. I've tried a LCHF (low carb high fat) diet and surprisingly didn't put on loads of weight and wasn't sluggish. Mind you I trained hard as hell during it. When I up carbs, my tidh goes into jaloos mode.

Our native diet is relatively high fat with all the dairy. I never saw my grandparents eat more than two rotis (3 sometimes maybe) and they grafted hardcore, ate butter, keeo and yogurt all the time.

In the end I guess we have to experiment and find what best suits our own unique biology.

but if you think about it buffalo milk is so rich they can literally scoop the makhan out by the handful and the milk is still quite protein rich , I worked out that semi milk is about the equivalent but because the milk is not raw and is also homogenised as standard these days the quality is not comparable . Trying to find raw milk dairy delivery else I may just skip the thing and stick with nuts and seed 'mylks' homemade cos the the commercial stuff is also low nutrition.

I did high carb low fat vegan and dropped eighty pounds in 6 months , no drop in energy levels ...need to restart the diet again I slipped back into the old patterns of eating and have gained back some but not the majority . I seem to be a new setpoint ...so I guess this is the best way to reset it for me .

growing up as a kid I didn't know a single person who was asthmatic or nut allergic it seems to be the minimum illness level now in most kids that plus eczema

convinced it is the increased vaccine to the littlies because that is the only major change between our gen and theirs. I would say skip the vaccines and just boost natural immunity through good nutrition and hygiene (without antibacterials) then our kids will be the most healthy

Is that correct and not a typo? 80 pounds is like 36 kg. That's crazy. It took me 1 year of hardcore training to get my nephew to lose just 10 kg!!

Did you train, or just diet?

I was doing low strain brisk walking , about an hour a day then two as I dropped the weight (did cancer research half marathon), not a typo ...because I stopped dairy, grains and got my carbs from fruits and non starchy veggies plus no oils just fat from things like avocado or nuts, seeds . It dropped easy my face and skin looked great, had loads of energy, no bad breath in mornings or BO, always been good on BM front but after the intial clearout of toxins from the system no bad smells. high carb low fat vegan is really great for cutting , you will stay hydrated without too much effort too , recovery after weights is quicker too. I know it sounds crazy but it is the real deal look at rawfoodbootcamp.com these are some of the ladies I did it with ...they have photos before and after