Dasam Granth And The End Of The World

sikhni777

Some years back - I heard a lady talking about Dasam Granth and the end of the world. She said that a Giani Ji did a very good katha on that part. Unfortunately he was murdered because people did not support him( the government) and were against him preaching more facts about that.

Does anyone know anything about that? Does the Dasam Granth actually mention anything about the end of the world? The Quran and the Bible have got long verses written on it.

What stand does Sikhism take on this topic?

What kind of end of the world?

Everyday there is a new world so in essence end of yesterday's world. When someone goes from this world it's his end of the world.

Btw your question seems suspicious and want a discussion on Dasam bani. Did I not warn you before. Didn't you tell me you didn't believe in the bani? How come the sudden change? You are naughty

Didn't you tell me you didn't believe in the bani?

I have not changed my belief and I feel evil. Therefore I am trying to find a reason to start to support it.

(How come I got left out when people started supporting it)

Moreover the lady who mentioned end of the world to me was a very amrit dhari lady with great karni. That is what is getting to me now. I seem to have missed the point but I dont know where to find it from.

I have not changed my belief and I feel evil. Therefore I am trying to find a reason to start to support it.

(How come I got left out when people started supporting it)

Moreover the lady who mentioned end of the world to me was a very amrit dhari lady with great karni. That is what is getting to me now. I seem to have missed the point but I dont know where to find it from.

I am not sure what you are upto but if you believe finding similarities between dasam bani and bible/quran on end of the world then you are totally misguided.

Bible and Quran were written after Jesus and Mohammed respectively left this world.

I believe there is better chance they were altered ( more than once) to instigate fear by verses which depict end of the world scenario. In sikhi there's no thing such fear-mongering but the truth about life and death.

Dasam bani was written by Dasam pita himself and it was later compiled by Shaheed bhai Mani Singh ji and other great warrior saints. It contains praise of Akaal purkh ji, stories about human and devtey/ prophets characters which is important for knowledge, missions they had and sustainability of a country's rule and also autobiography of Guru sahib.

Dasam Guru Granth Sahib doesn't give date of end of the world in terms of prophecy all though it does mention about kalki avtar. It does talk about, metaphysics of creation and destruction of the world including of kalki. That could be looked both from both externally and one's internal life -birth of ignorance(avidya) and death of avidya- bhramgyan parloa.

Remember what is outside and is inside. Everything mentioned in gurbani have deeper esoteric gnosis interpretation (deep antriv arths):

ਜੋ ਬਰਹਮੰਡੇ ਸੋਈ ਪਿੰਡੇ ਜੋ ਖੋਜੈ ਸੋ ਪਾਵੈ ॥
जो बढ़रहमंडे सोई पिंडे जो खोजै सो पावै ॥

The One who pervades the Universe also dwells in the body; whoever seeks Him, finds Him there.

Guest Jacfsing2

The world is only dead if we don't grow spiritually. That is the greatest end. (A physical destruction would happen, and it would be real; however, without Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji we don't need external destruction we are already dead). If you can find the actual part of Dasam Granth Sahib Ji it'd be really helpful.

Guest Jacfsing2
Not saying the same mentioned there has the right interpretation, but the idea of Kalki redeeming sinners seems like blasphemy! Only Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji's and his successors and Vaheguru, (for those who believe they are separate beings), can redeem people of Sins!

Some years back - I heard a lady talking about Dasam Granth and the end of the world. She said that a Giani Ji did a very good katha on that part. Unfortunately he was murdered because people did not support him( the government) and were against him preaching more facts about that.

Does anyone know anything about that? Does the Dasam Granth actually mention anything about the end of the world? The Quran and the Bible have got long verses written on it.

What stand does Sikhism take on this topic?

Waheguru Is Real - So Be Inspired And Keep Up Your Simran And Bhagti and don't waste your time thinking about useless stuff like the end of the world.