Waheguru Is Real - So Be Inspired And Keep Up Your Simran And Bhagti

sikhni777

Why is it that females desire a reward for their devotion; almost daring the Lord to prove his existence to them? Are his unseen blessings not enough to sustain them? I apologise if this seems sexist, as it's not my intention, but I've noticed over the years how many of our religiously inclined bibiya (the younger ones at least) crave a miracle or a vision. What will you achieve long term by gaining such darshan? If anything, it will only make you hungry for more. So, instead of praying to Waheguru for peace of mind or an end to Churasi Lakh Joon, all efforts will be focused on pleading for a visitation.

It's an ego trip. Apologies if this sounds harsh, but when it comes to us Sikhs, such demands for a holy experience are linked to ego and a lack of true faith. Is it not enough to FEEL God... He needs to be SEEN too?

Darshan are given when they are deemed necessary, either to impart essential information that would otherwise never reach us, or warn us about something that is entirely preventable and something that should not be occurring (but, due to uncontrollable human nature, is going to occur). If one's faith is built on the notion of regular visitations from Sachkhand, then I'm afraid you're doing the whole religion thing completely wrong.

Apologies if I've offended anyone, but this needed to be said. I expect salty retaliation, but I'm unconcerned about that.

Owning spiritual experience, expecting spiritual experience and craving for same experience again and again has nothing to do with females or males but its just a nature of ego , egoic human nature as ego which affects both genders. Ego has subtle forms of being always in control ,anticipating some sort of spiritual experience,and maintain ing certain bliss full state contrary to effortless simran meditation -sehaj avastha.

Gurbani sublime message below should provide great clarity in this matter, any experienceable or seen/form is not real unless one experiences full unity between seen/seer. Seen(drish) is not real but seer is (Dristha) which is non dual pure awareness/knowledge(JOT) in all of us, if one fully establish yourself in it (also known as shabad gyan/maha vak) and indentify with it, realize it- game and separate struggle is over:

Only IKONGKAR- Absolute Truth (non dual pure awareness-JOT) in all of us endures and remains and in that Absolute there are no relative realities its all ONE non dual advait-Absoulte so whatever is seen or experienced is not separate reality its not seperate as relative reality but as one Absolute-ikongkar!

Beautiful shabad below spoken from ABSOLUTE REALITY AND TRUTH:

http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.gurbani?Action=Page&Param=736&punjabi=t&id=31585#l31585

ਦ੍ਰਿਸਟਿਮਾਨ ਸਭੁ ਬਿਨਸੀਐ ਕਿਆ ਲਗਹਿ ਗਵਾਰ ॥੨॥ द्रिसटिमान सभु बिनसीऐ किआ लगहि गवार ॥२॥

Ḏaristimān sabẖ binsī▫ai ki▫ā lagėh gavār. ||2||

All that is seen shall perish. Why are you attached to it, you fool? ||2||

http://www.srigranth...id=31585#l31585

ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥ ੴ सतिगुर प्रसादि ॥

Ik▫oaʼnkār saṯgur parsāḏ.

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

ਬਾਜੀਗਰਿ ਜੈਸੇ ਬਾਜੀ ਪਾਈ ॥ बाजीगरि जैसे बाजी पाई ॥

Bājīgar jaise bājī pā▫ī. The actor stages the play,

ਨਾਨਾ ਰੂਪ ਭੇਖ ਦਿਖਲਾਈ ॥ नाना रूप भेख दिखलाई ॥ Nānā rūp bẖekẖ ḏikẖlā▫ī.

playing the many characters in different costumes;

ਸਾਂਗੁ ਉਤਾਰਿ ਥੰਮ੍ਹ੍ਹਿਓ ਪਾਸਾਰਾ ॥ सांगु उतारि थम्हिओ पासारा ॥

Sāʼng uṯār thamiĥa▫o pāsārā. but when the play ends, he takes off the costumes,

ਤਬ ਏਕੋ ਏਕੰਕਾਰਾ ॥੧॥ तब एको एकंकारा ॥१॥

Ŧab eko ekankārā. ||1|| and then he is one, and only one. ||1||

ਕਵਨ ਰੂਪ ਦ੍ਰਿਸਟਿਓ ਬਿਨਸਾਇਓ ॥ कवन रूप द्रिसटिओ बिनसाइओ ॥

Kavan rūp ḏaristi▫o binsā▫i▫o.

How many forms and images appeared and disappeared?

ਕਤਹਿ ਗਇਓ ਉਹੁ ਕਤ ਤੇ ਆਇਓ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ कतहि गइओ उहु कत ते आइओ ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥ Kaṯėh ga▫i▫o uho kaṯ ṯe ā▫i▫o. ||1|| rahā▫o.

Where have they gone? Where did they come from? ||1||Pause||

ਜਲ ਤੇ ਊਠਹਿ ਅਨਿਕ ਤਰੰਗਾ ॥ जल ते ऊठहि अनिक तरंगा ॥ Jal ṯe ūṯẖėh anik ṯarangā.

Countless waves rise up from the water.

ਕਨਿਕ ਭੂਖਨ ਕੀਨੇ ਬਹੁ ਰੰਗਾ ॥ कनिक भूखन कीने बहु रंगा ॥

Kanik bẖūkẖan kīne baho rangā. Jewels and ornaments of many different forms are fashioned from gold.

ਬੀਜੁ ਬੀਜਿ ਦੇਖਿਓ ਬਹੁ ਪਰਕਾਰਾ ॥ बीजु बीजि देखिओ बहु परकारा ॥

Bīj bīj ḏekẖi▫o baho parkārā. I have seen seeds of all kinds being planted -

ਫਲ ਪਾਕੇ ਤੇ ਏਕੰਕਾਰਾ ॥੨॥ फल पाके ते एकंकारा ॥२॥ Fal pāke ṯe ekankārā. ||2||

when the fruit ripens, the seeds appear in the same form as the original. ||2||

ਸਹਸ ਘਟਾ ਮਹਿ ਏਕੁ ਆਕਾਸੁ ॥ सहस घटा महि एकु आकासु ॥ Sahas gẖatā mėh ek ākās.

The one sky is reflected in thousands of water jugs,

ਘਟ ਫੂਟੇ ਤੇ ਓਹੀ ਪ੍ਰਗਾਸੁ ॥ घट फूटे ते ओही प्रगासु ॥

Gẖat fūte ṯe ohī pargās. but when the jugs are broken, only the sky remains.

ਭਰਮ ਲੋਭ ਮੋਹ ਮਾਇਆ ਵਿਕਾਰ ॥ भरम लोभ मोह माइआ विकार ॥

Bẖaram lobẖ moh mā▫i▫ā vikār. Doubt comes from greed, emotional attachment and the corruption of Maya.

ਭ੍ਰਮ ਛੂਟੇ ਤੇ ਏਕੰਕਾਰ ॥੩॥ भ्रम छूटे ते एकंकार ॥३॥ Bẖaram cẖẖūte ṯe ekankār. ||3||

Freed from doubt, one realizes the One Lord alone. ||3||

Owning spiritual experience, expecting spiritual experience and craving for same experience again and again has nothing to do with females or males but its just a nature of ego.

It IS a matter of male and female, because bibiya place so much stock in such experiences. Their entire - or a vast part of their - spiritual existence is predicated on other-worldly experiences in order to give their spiritual efforts a sense of validation. Males, whilst also capable of the same thought processes, don't fall into an existential despair when Guru Sahib doesn't come bursting forth into a dream or vision.

You need to understand it's this apparently harmless - to some - mentality that can be extrapolated and lead to the promotion of worship of Man, hence the rise of fake holy men. The experience; the faith; the unseen is not enough for these people. They need proof, something tangible. I'm sorry, but that's not faith.

Why is it that females desire a reward for their devotion; almost daring the Lord to prove his existence to them?

I think females are the ones who mostly sing this shabad at sat sangs. It is written by Guru Arjan Dev Ji.

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/20123-darshan-dekh-jeeva-gur-tera-pooran-karam-hoe-prabh-mera/

Are his unseen blessings not enough to sustain them?
ੴ सतिगुर प्रसादि ॥
Ik▫oaʼnkār saṯgur parsāḏ.
One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:
कूपु भरिओ जैसे दादिरा कछु देसु बिदेसु न बूझ ॥
Kūp bẖari▫o jaise ḏāḏirā kacẖẖ ḏes biḏes na būjẖ.
The frog in the deep well knows nothing of its own country or other lands;
ऐसे मेरा मनु बिखिआ बिमोहिआ कछु आरा पारु न सूझ ॥१॥
Aise merā man bikẖi▫ā bimohi▫ā kacẖẖ ārā pār na sūjẖ. ||1||
just so, my mind, infatuated with corruption, understands nothing about this world or the next. ||1||
सगल भवन के नाइका इकु छिनु दरसु दिखाइ जी ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥
Sagal bẖavan ke nā▫ikā ik cẖẖin ḏaras ḏikẖā▫e jī. ||1|| rahā▫o.
O Lord of all worlds: reveal to me, even for an instant, the Blessed Vision of Your Darshan. ||1||Pause||
मलिन भई मति माधवा तेरी गति लखी न जाइ ॥
Malin bẖa▫ī maṯ māḏẖvā ṯerī gaṯ lakẖī na jā▫e.
My intellect is polluted; I cannot understand Your state, O Lord.
करहु क्रिपा भ्रमु चूकई मै सुमति देहु समझाइ ॥२॥
Karahu kirpā bẖaram cẖūk▫ī mai sumaṯ ḏeh samjẖā▫e. ||2||
Take pity on me, dispel my doubts, and teach me true wisdom. ||2||
जोगीसर पावहि नही तुअ गुण कथनु अपार ॥
Jogīsar pāvahi nahī ṯu▫a guṇ kathan apār.
Even the great Yogis cannot describe Your Glorious Virtues; they are beyond words.
प्रेम भगति कै कारणै कहु रविदास चमार ॥३॥१॥
Parem bẖagaṯ kai kārṇai kaho Raviḏās cẖamār. ||3||1||
I am dedicated to Your loving devotional worship, says Ravi Daas the tanner. ||3||1||

The desire of dharshan is actually a male initiated idea.(I would not have had to use the word male here if you had not used female in the first place) It is in Gurbani.

Yes, dharshan is a benti not a demand in return for devotion. We could be devoted better. Darshan is the result of God's wish. So many people want dharshan but dont get it.

I apologise if this seems sexist, as it's not my intention, but I've noticed over the years how many of our religiously inclined bibiya (the younger ones at least) crave a miracle or a vision

No need to apologise. I understand that a woman would be able to understand the concept of getting married to the Lord better than men who marry. (If you catch my drift)

Wouldn't you rather they crave anything from the True Lord rather than wish to have other peoples husbands, cars, houses, clothes or even lives. ( A bit exaggerated just to get the point across)

What will you achieve long term by gaining such darshan? If anything, it will only make you hungry for more.

Such dharshan is what spurs you on to recieve the bigger one. Such dharshan has a deeper meaning in it which you have to decipher for yourself.

(For example - I understand that Waheguru is attained by swas swas simran which I dont have. So its a message for me to work harder to get to that stage.)

Yes the Lord guides us from changing from evil to good. (My full story would be I was totally not praying at all in the month of June/July. I was so dhukhi that I just wanted to stop my present life and go somewhere and start all over again.)

Reading about People's experiences - I felt I wanted the same. My life changed and I look back and say - Oh my!!! Where did I go wrong all this time. If I had not forgotten to do simran of Waheguru, I would have achieved more.

So, instead of praying to Waheguru for peace of mind or an end to Churasi Lakh Joon, all efforts will be focused on pleading for a visitation.

We can only pray - it is up to Waheguru to choose whether he wants us in the joon or wants us to get mukti. All efforts do not go towards wanting a visitation. You need to work on what message Waheguru has given you. For instance - I now understand that I should not ask for another visitation as it means I quit existing as an individual. If I want to become one with Waheguru I have to get rid of my attachment to the people in my life.

( Also the experience made me feel the tugs that other peoples souls can have on your own soul and pull it back from Waheguru. All this has to be neutralised before mukti can be obtained. This is the reason why we keep coming back in the churasi lakh joon)

It's an ego trip. Apologies if this sounds harsh, but when it comes to us Sikhs, such demands for a holy experience are linked to ego and a lack of true faith. Is it not enough to FEEL God... He needs to be SEEN too?

This was a case where God was felt. Yes there are other cases where he is seen ( for reasons of not wanting to upset the sadh sangat I shall humbly not go into that as it seems like people on here do not like to hear other experiences)

Darshan are given when they are deemed necessary, either to impart essential information that would otherwise never reach us, or warn us about something that is entirely preventable and something that should not be occurring (but, due to uncontrollable human nature, is going to occur). If one's faith is built on the notion of regular visitations from Sachkhand, then I'm afraid you're doing the whole religion thing completely wrong.

God gives his messages through other ways as well. ( I will not go into this again as some people do not like others talking about their experiences)

It is greatly appreciated that you point to me that I am doing the whole religion thing wrong. I aplogise for that and promise to make further amends until I get it right.

Apologies if I've offended anyone, but this needed to be said. I expect salty retaliation, but I'm unconcerned about that.

No offense taken. What you said is 100% correct in your own views. Far from wanting to retaliate I just smiled when I read your message, then I laughed , then I LOLed. Then I said to myself - Oh No better stop this is all wrong. Put it right. Thanks.

Owning spiritual experience, expecting spiritual experience and craving for same experience again and again has nothing to do with females or males but its just a nature of ego , egoic human nature as ego which affects both genders. Ego has subtle forms of being always in control ,anticipating some sort of spiritual experience,and maintain ing certain bliss full state contrary to effortless simran meditation -sehaj avastha.

When a spiritual experience occurs you do not realise that you were actually praying for it. Everything which we have has been given to us by God himself. Even this human life has been given to us by God.

Ego exists when you forget God. When you want the darshan of Guru JI, you are being besides yourself and remembering the Lord. There are different ways of pining for the Lord.

When a girl does not have a partner - she is looking for one. When she finally gets a partner - assuming lets say that he is overseas, she will want to see what he looks like - everything cannot be left to the imagination. However if she is looking at other guys and admiring them - it would be wrong. However if she thinks about the man she is going to marry and hopes to see him - there is nothing wrong.

Its the same thing with us. If we want to have Waheguru's dharshan there is nothing wrong with that. However if we are lost in worldly things - then we are wrong. If we get dharshan ans want more and more - there is nothing wrong with that. God will satisfy us with his dharshan as you remember the story of Dhana bhagat. God had to assume huma form and come down and meet him.

Some happenings like when Prahlad was going to be burnt alive by none other than his father also prompted the appearance of God. Would you rather be blessed with darshan or be a wrong doer like Harnakhash who had NarSingh come down to kill him.

Darshan only exists where the ego has been dispelled and the Being is one with God

सारग महला ५ ॥
Sārag mėhlā 5.
Saarang, Fifth Mehl:
माई री माती चरण समूह ॥
Mā▫ī rī māṯī cẖaraṇ samūh.
O mother, I am totally intoxicated with the Lord's Feet.
एकसु बिनु हउ आन न जानउ दुतीआ भाउ सभ लूह ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥
Ėkas bin ha▫o ān na jān▫o ḏuṯī▫ā bẖā▫o sabẖ lūh. ||1|| rahā▫o.
I know of none other than the Lord. I have totally burnt off my sense of duality. ||1||Pause||
तिआगि गोपाल अवर जो करणा ते बिखिआ के खूह ॥
Ŧi▫āg gopāl avar jo karṇā ṯe bikẖi▫ā ke kẖūh.
To abandon the Lord of the World, and become involved with anything else, is to fall into the pit of corruption.
दरस पिआस मेरा मनु मोहिओ काढी नरक ते धूह ॥१॥
Ḏaras pi▫ās merā man mohi▫o kādẖī narak ṯe ḏẖūh. ||1||
My mind is enticed, thirsty for the Blessed Vision of His Darshan. He has lifted me up and out of hell. ||1||
संत प्रसादि मिलिओ सुखदाता बिनसी हउमै हूह ॥
Sanṯ parsāḏ mili▫o sukẖ▫ḏāṯa binsī ha▫umai hūh.
By the Grace of the Saints, I have met the Lord, the Giver of peace; the noise of egotism has been stilled.
राम रंगि राते दास नानक मउलिओ मनु तनु जूह ॥२॥९५॥११८॥
Rām rang rāṯe ḏās Nānak ma▫uli▫o man ṯan jūh. ||2||95||118||
Slave Nanak is imbued with the Love of the Lord; the forests of his mind and body have blossomed forth. ||2||95||118||