Guest hsingh

Coping With Infertility

BibaKaur    36
On August 13, 2016 at 11:05 AM, Guest hsingh said:

Just a quick update, so the initial treatment was unsuccessful and we start IVF next month. I would say its getting easier with time, and we're especially appreciating what we do have rather focusing on what we don't have. The universe is a big and beautiful place and we are just a insignificant part of it so why worry. 

Adoption has been mentioned and we did look into orphanages in Punjab, not sure how it works but we feel a bit uncomfortable choosing a child over there and giving them a better life yet leaving the other kids behind so we agreed to do more for orphan kids over there rather than just adopt only one.

Its a great shame theres not much mention/support in our community of such issues. I was speaking to a Jewish friend who mentioned that the jewish community in london have support groups at the synagogue to help with those who have gone through miscarriages/infertility/death of a partner/adoption etc.... 

Waheguru

Having gone through a similar situation, I would say that there is no support from the community at all. If anything, people will make you feel worse. My best support were the online discussion forums where I could talk to others in the same situation, and of course having faith in Waheguruji helps the most. 

Wishing you good luck with your IVF cycle! 

• Like 1

jkvlondon    3,419
On 15/08/2016 at 5:07 AM, BibaKaur said:

Having gone through a similar situation, I would say that there is no support from the community at all. If anything, people will make you feel worse. My best support were the online discussion forums where I could talk to others in the same situation, and of course having faith in Waheguruji helps the most. 

Wishing you good luck with your IVF cycle! 

same here I wish you both strength  and patience but you can help yourselves by looking closely at your diet and eliminate all processed foods and max out on fresh fruit and vegetables, nuts and seeds for healthy fats   to help with folates and other vital nutrients. 

Guest Nnkd   
Guest Nnkd

Hi there I am going through the same thing was wondering if the couple were able to conceive? This year my husband and I havd had 3 failed fertility treatment s including ivf last week. We have both just decided to leave it in god's hands now to decide if we will be blessed with children.   

• Like 1

Guest hsingh   
Guest hsingh

hi there nnkd,

just randomly looked back at this thread today and noticed your post. Crazy how quick a year has gone.

We completed our first cycle of ivf 4 weeks ago but it was unsuccessful. This was a nhs cycle so from now on we will have to fund any future ivf ourselves. Seeing another negative on the stick was pretty devastating, we only had 1 embryo transferred which was grade 1 but it just didn't happen. We're taking a break from it for a few months and then possibly going to try again.  

listening to kirtan and paath helps a lot and does sooth the hurt, but i tend to come back to earth with a bump when around others. 

IVF only has a 33% chance of success per cycle so don't be disheartened and don't forget to live/love your life and hopefully things will work out for you and your partner.

Jacfsing2    1,834
15 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

Most Punjabis don't focus on a Soya diet, and even the vegeterian ones focus more on Saabjis and Dals, with Roti. That would help if O.P. said she was an Oriental though.

dallysingh101    1,582
1 hour ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Most Punjabis don't focus on a Soya diet, and even the vegeterian ones focus more on Saabjis and Dals, with Roti. That would help if O.P. said she was an Oriental though.

These days in the west maybe it's different? I know the vege sides of the family do actually consume soya based foods. Whether it is enough to effect them hormonally - I don't know. 

• Like 1

simran345    2,422
3 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

These days in the west maybe it's different? I know the vege sides of the family do actually consume soya based foods. Whether it is enough to effect them hormonally - I don't know. 

It's more the younger generation that don't make daals/sabji that consume soya, especially fast food or frozen. I also read that soya affects people, but I can't remember if it was the hormones. 

But thanks for letting us know that. 

Guest Experienced   
Guest Experienced

Diet does not play the only major role in this. Healthy diet is recommended for dozen of reasons and it is true that healthy diet does help the chances of conceiving.

We just celebrated our 13th yr marriage anniversary and we have 2 small kids. For the first couple of years, we want to work and settle down. I consider that as our big mistake. Next, we spent 5 years of conceiving and then we decided for IUI treatment and guru jee blessed us with kid on our 9th year of our marriage. Easy to say in one line but it is hard time for young couples. I have also seen marriages fall apart from this. The bond between husband and wife should be very strong regardless of kids or no kids. 

- Do not listen to others. Keep the business of treatment and so on private from friends and relatives.
- IVF Treatment in India is cheaper but do not believe everything there as they are heavily commercialized and they have no ethics and its more like baby farming. I listened to few bad stories but there are good treatment centers too.
- Jealousy does happens but it is not good for you while trying as this adds more negative changes of not conceiving. Positive mind is needed.
- The mind state of both couple, especially the lady should be very calm and free from tension of getting pregnant. Trust and leave it to guru jee.

singhnee~22    0
On 09/01/2016 at 0:58 PM, Guest hsingh said:

hi all was wondering if anyone could help or has been through the same thing.

myself and my wife are both approaching our 30's and of course everyone is asking the big question 'when are you going to have a baby'

we been trying unsuccessfully for a while and are now seeking treatment at the hospital.

the question is less to do with what can i do so god listens to my prayers to have a baby, but more to do how do i control my vices. Typical when I get asked about having kids I can't control my anger and lash out as I'm reluctant to tell people whats going on behind the scenes.

Secondly I'm struggling to control my jealousy as it seems every person and their dog seems to be pregnant and having babies.

I accept that having a blessing such as a baby is in gods will and will happen when its meant to be. But i just don't want it to change who I am as a person whilst we're waiting for the blessing to arrive.

Waheguru Ji, 

I have worked in a fertility clinic myself and I can say that from what I've seen first hand, I understand that it is the single most hardest thing a couple goes through. Not to mention the amount of money you have to give in order to have a child. 

I apologize ahead of time as I haven't read all the other posts so I'm sorry if this may be a repeat of what someone has already suggested. 

I would suggest a few things and please try to follow them as best you can:

1. Try changing both of your diets. Eat as vegan as you can. The reason I say this is because we really don't know what half of the ingredients are in what we eat. These chemicals do so much damage to our bodies and we don't even realize it.  Organic is the best way you can go. 

2. Cut out stress. Stress releases hormones. In a woman,  hormones are produced in the lower abdomen. These organs need to balanced between progesterone and estrogen. Too much or too little of these will make the organs out of complete balance causing other issues asides from just infertility eg. Endometriosis. 

3. Meditate. Meditation is the best form of soooo many things. So you can never go wrong. 

4. Hukham. As hard as this is, we also have to learn to just simply  trust that everything is as is in its perfectist (if that's a word) form. 

5. Smile. To help overcome the anger and other negative mood symptoms you feel. Just by physically smiling or laughing can instantly change your entire body language and how it feels. 

Edited by singhnee~22

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Topics

• Heretic or a Turk. Both are repulsive. The heretic is an internal threat where as the Turk is external. Whether or not he's insulted the Gurus (as of yet), is not the issue. It's the fact that he's Turk-Beeraj.
    • I do not believe in an absolute morality, dharam is not the same for each and every individual. This is not to say that dharam does not exist, only that it doesn't exist in a monolithic form.  This concept is reflected very well in the life of the Mahapurakh Sant Baba Thakur Singh, 14th jathedar of Damdami Taksaal. Babaji was a strict vegetarian like all members of Taksaal, so for him eating meat was a great sin. However when he visited the chaunis (encampments) of Nihang Singhs around Chowk Mehta he would often bring offerings of goats to be jhatkaa'd by the nihangs and later consumed. Because eating meat was not a great paap for them as it was for babaji, rather it was their tradition and he respected that the role they were given by the Almighty was different from his own.  Satguru's Hukam affects each person differently.  Eastern dharams tend not to impose moral codes on the whole of humankind, as though such codes apply to everybody. Yes there are certain basic guiding principles of human morality - don't murder, don't rape, but most sane people don't really need to be told not to do these things by a religion because they feel an inherent revulsion towards them. However beyond this things can get quite flexible. Some people are meant to be householders and provide for a family, whilst others are meant to be celibates and devote their lives and all their energy to Akaal Purakh and Seva of the Panth. If God creates someone with the intention that they will become a warrior, battle becomes dharam for this person, a righteous deed. If however God creates a man and by his hukam determines that this man is to be peaceful saint, battle is adharam for him, not righteous. This is why different sampardas/jathebandiaan exist in Sikhi. Guru Ji is not/was not anti-samparda or anti-jathebandi, if they were, they wouldn't have created or blessed so many of them themselves. I don't know if what I'm saying is right, but this is the conclusion I have arrived at from my study of Sikhi. Others will have arrived at different conclusions, and good thing too -  Sikhi is a garden full of many diverse flowers.  I do not believe Guru Ji aspired to make all Sikhs, or all people,  identical in their religious outlook and practice. 
    • So you think that Sikhs and Muslims need to remain bitter enemies for as long as this world exists?   And because of 84 do we also need to become eternal enemies of the Hindus forever and ever?   Yesterday Hindus were our friends but they ended up knifing us in the back. And Yesterday's enemies can become strategic allies of today. Try to see the bigger picture.
    • This one statement just proves you should know before commenting on such complex topics.