Coping With Infertility

Guest hsingh

Guest Jacfsing2
15 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

Most Punjabis don't focus on a Soya diet, and even the vegeterian ones focus more on Saabjis and Dals, with Roti. That would help if O.P. said she was an Oriental though.

1 hour ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Most Punjabis don't focus on a Soya diet, and even the vegeterian ones focus more on Saabjis and Dals, with Roti. That would help if O.P. said she was an Oriental though.

These days in the west maybe it's different? I know the vege sides of the family do actually consume soya based foods. Whether it is enough to effect them hormonally - I don't know. 

3 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

These days in the west maybe it's different? I know the vege sides of the family do actually consume soya based foods. Whether it is enough to effect them hormonally - I don't know. 

It's more the younger generation that don't make daals/sabji that consume soya, especially fast food or frozen. I also read that soya affects people, but I can't remember if it was the hormones. 

But thanks for letting us know that. 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Experienced

Diet does not play the only major role in this. Healthy diet is recommended for dozen of reasons and it is true that healthy diet does help the chances of conceiving.

We just celebrated our 13th yr marriage anniversary and we have 2 small kids. For the first couple of years, we want to work and settle down. I consider that as our big mistake. Next, we spent 5 years of conceiving and then we decided for IUI treatment and guru jee blessed us with kid on our 9th year of our marriage. Easy to say in one line but it is hard time for young couples. I have also seen marriages fall apart from this. The bond between husband and wife should be very strong regardless of kids or no kids. 

- Do not listen to others. Keep the business of treatment and so on private from friends and relatives.
- IVF Treatment in India is cheaper but do not believe everything there as they are heavily commercialized and they have no ethics and its more like baby farming. I listened to few bad stories but there are good treatment centers too.
- Jealousy does happens but it is not good for you while trying as this adds more negative changes of not conceiving. Positive mind is needed.
- The mind state of both couple, especially the lady should be very calm and free from tension of getting pregnant. Trust and leave it to guru jee.

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/01/2016 at 0:58 PM, Guest hsingh said:

hi all was wondering if anyone could help or has been through the same thing.

myself and my wife are both approaching our 30's and of course everyone is asking the big question 'when are you going to have a baby'

we been trying unsuccessfully for a while and are now seeking treatment at the hospital.

the question is less to do with what can i do so god listens to my prayers to have a baby, but more to do how do i control my vices. Typical when I get asked about having kids I can't control my anger and lash out as I'm reluctant to tell people whats going on behind the scenes.

Secondly I'm struggling to control my jealousy as it seems every person and their dog seems to be pregnant and having babies.

I accept that having a blessing such as a baby is in gods will and will happen when its meant to be. But i just don't want it to change who I am as a person whilst we're waiting for the blessing to arrive.

Waheguru Ji, 

I have worked in a fertility clinic myself and I can say that from what I've seen first hand, I understand that it is the single most hardest thing a couple goes through. Not to mention the amount of money you have to give in order to have a child. 

I apologize ahead of time as I haven't read all the other posts so I'm sorry if this may be a repeat of what someone has already suggested. 

I would suggest a few things and please try to follow them as best you can:

1. Try changing both of your diets. Eat as vegan as you can. The reason I say this is because we really don't know what half of the ingredients are in what we eat. These chemicals do so much damage to our bodies and we don't even realize it.  Organic is the best way you can go. 

2. Cut out stress. Stress releases hormones. In a woman,  hormones are produced in the lower abdomen. These organs need to balanced between progesterone and estrogen. Too much or too little of these will make the organs out of complete balance causing other issues asides from just infertility eg. Endometriosis. 

3. Meditate. Meditation is the best form of soooo many things. So you can never go wrong. 

4. Hukham. As hard as this is, we also have to learn to just simply  trust that everything is as is in its perfectist (if that's a word) form. 

5. Smile. To help overcome the anger and other negative mood symptoms you feel. Just by physically smiling or laughing can instantly change your entire body language and how it feels.