30 Day Going Sober Blog

Hi,

Ive decided to do a 30 day going sober blog for anyone else out there who has struggled or is struggling with alcohol or drug addiction. The purpose of this blog is to illustrate the sort of pressures I come across and how I deal with them. I am only human and I'm sure I won't deal with certain situations in a good way so I apologise before hand for that.

I hope to continue this for longer than 30 days but I'm sure everyone would get bored of reading this is it was a 365 day blog lol

I haven't had a drink, smoke or any drugs since new years day but have been ill as well so my Day 1 is going to be 02/01/2016

I hope this is helpful to anyone else battling addiction

DAY 1 - 02/01/2015

I didn't answer anybody's phone calls at all this day. I had various miss calls off my cousins and friends who wanted to meet up for a new years drink but this is the day something clicked inside my head. Following a talk with my mum, I realised something has got to change. I have so many texts and watsapp messages from friends asking me to come out but I refused to respond to any of them. My cousins even rang my sister to get to me but she knew I wasn't well

I was also thinking about doing a £10 ardaas at the gurdwara for strength in quitting drinking although I hadn't decided whether to go through with it or not simply because I don't want to fail having done the ardaas

Overall my day was pretty boring, watched films and programmes on tv till I went to bed early. Still feeling a bit under the weather which may be one of the factors keeping me from seeing my friends/cousins

Good to hear this positive attitude you are taking Paji.

Not saying it's a good thing you are under the weather, but maybe this is sign of how heavy drinking can affect one.

Just keep it as a reminder that it's not nice to be under the weather.

Your friends/relatives will have to get used to your new ways. And you can still be around them later when it suits you without drink. You just have to learn to say NO for yourself and your family.

It doesn't matter how much money you do ardas with, but with devotion. You will be asking Maharaj ji for help, so don't worry, as long as you are determined to give it a go and not doing ardas under pretence. Take one step at a time, and if you need professional help, then don't be ashamed to ask for it.

Like MistereSingh Paji says, Good luck and may you achieve your goal.

Guest Jacfsing2

DAY 1 - 02/01/2015

I didn't answer anybody's phone calls at all this day. I had various miss calls off my cousins and friends who wanted to meet up for a new years drink but this is the day something clicked inside my head. Following a talk with my mum, I realised something has got to change. I have so many texts and watsapp messages from friends asking me to come out but I refused to respond to any of them. My cousins even rang my sister to get to me but she knew I wasn't well

I was also thinking about doing a £10 ardaas at the gurdwara for strength in quitting drinking although I hadn't decided whether to go through with it or not simply because I don't want to fail having done the ardaas

Overall my day was pretty boring, watched films and programmes on tv till I went to bed early. Still feeling a bit under the weather which may be one of the factors keeping me from seeing my friends/cousins

Vaheguru, ? one thing I would recommend is while your going sober is to avoid t.v. that could influence you to drink, because it takes some time to recover. May Vaheguru bless you with the ability to recover and be constant with it. ??

Good luck my friend. I recommend you to start exercising cause I heard that it helps with the cravings of alcohol etc. Please keep us updated. If you need any of our help just ask ?