Guest Jacfsing2

Now...in 2015/2016.......when long bushy beards are ultra-fashionable throughout the western world......with everyone that is 'cool', from pop stars to male super-models....all sporting long bushy beards.......seems like a very strange time for an amritdhari Sikh male to say he doesn't like beards. :wow:

Do you live in some fantasy world? All the people whom your talking about are Non-Sikhs, and if a Sikh, (even in name-only) happens to even be an exception it would go through a lot of hate from both Non-Sikhs, (for being so uncommon), or from the Sikhs, (for disgrace of Guru Sahib's keski), either way model companies now it's very difficult to have business putting a Singh as a front-model, at most they will have 1 or 2, and that's only to get them ethnic Sikhs/Punjabis to buy their products.

Do you live in some fantasy world? All the people whom your talking about are Non-Sikhs, and if a Sikh, (even in name-only) happens to even be an exception it would go through a lot of hate from both Non-Sikhs, (for being so uncommon), or from the Sikhs, (for disgrace of Guru Sahib's keski), either way model companies now it's very difficult to have business putting a Singh as a front-model, at most they will have 1 or 2, and that's only to get them ethnic Sikhs/Punjabis to buy their products.

My point to him.....and its a point that obviously went over your empty little head......is that he should not feel ashamed or 'uncool' about having a beard. My point is that if a Sikh feels ashamed to have a beard at a time when long bushy beards are the height of 'cool' and fashion then there really isn't much hope for him when they go out of fashion.

Hence, thats why I said "my.......what a strange time to feel ashamed of having a beard". :stupidme:

Have you asked your parents and what do they say? You mention they are Gursikhs. Once you are blessed with the Guru's Amrit, you are not allowed to do beadbi of your kesh, the babeys had a responsibility to tell you this. Kesh is very important for a Singh. Do you know the difference between 'sacred and profane? An Amritdari's kesh is sacred for both, Singhs and Singhniyans! You are a SINGH now and not a BAKREE/BHAIR (goat/sheep) sniffing for spiritual orts/scraps from one door to another. You are a Guru's SINGH and all your spiritual training is going to emanate from the Sri GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI AND THE DASAM PATSHAH"S BANIS! Have faith and pray for guidance. It will come. Our 'Father' Father of the Khalsa is with us and be sure to thank Him for this wonderful blessing he has bestowed upon you. Have faith, faith is a wonderful thing to have, it is very difficult to express its mehima in words!

It is our faith in the Waheyguru that takes us in the presence of the panj piarreys. We can never say we went there of our own volition. It is the Blessed Guru that leads us there to have the Amrit, it is done through the Guru's blessings and mysterious Power!!! When we become an Amritdari Sikh, we say "thank you" to the Guru for showing us the right path everyday and sincerely pray for His guidance and help so we can live our lives according to His reyat. It is a game of Love and Sacrifice and we can only play it with his Blessings!

Guest Jacfsing2

My point to him.....and its a point that obviously went over your empty little head......is that he should not feel ashamed or 'uncool' about having a beard. My point is that if a Sikh feels ashamed to have a beard at a time when long bushy beards are the height of 'cool' and fashion then there really isn't much hope for him when they go out of fashion.

Hence, thats why I said "my.......what a strange time to feel ashamed of having a beard". :stupidme:

How many "bushy beards" model pictures have you honestly seen at a clothing store? Or even on fashion advertisements compared to clean-shaven folk? (I also believe in the importance of Kesh; however, I don't have to make lies or rare situations to make Kesh special).

Even the Lord Guru Gobind Singh Nirankar Ji ASKED if anybody was willing to offer their head, he did not FORCE anyone. You should feel content with yourself if keeping Kesh. Don't fret look at the Char Sahibs OP and look at their beautiful dastaars and beards and take solace.

I agree

If we look at all Prophets of various religions they adorned beards and long kesh.

A beard on a man is a babe magnet by friend. Keep it. U can comb it etc, make it neat. Beards are in fashion bro. You see all these goray with manbuns and biker beards. They all be singhs really... ;) cheer up kid. Ur only 12. If you shave, ul soon regret it. Been there done that

How many "bushy beards" model pictures have you honestly seen at a clothing store? Or even on fashion advertisements

Well. at least we now know 4 things about you Jacfsing2, and all four are actually good things so I don't want you to think I'm putting you down:

• You don't follow fashion
  • You don't follow what's happening on the male catwalks of Paris, London or Milan
  • You don't read fashion mags / celebrity mags / gossip mags
  • You don't seem to have gotten out very often in 2015 and observed the faces of males in shopping malls

Good for you. I think its quite quaint and endearing....not knowing what's going on in the world around you.

Guest Jacfsing2

Well. at least we now know 4 things about you Jacfsing2, and all four are actually good things so I don't want you to think I'm putting you down:

• You don't follow fashion
  • You don't follow what's happening on the male catwalks of Paris, London or Milan
  • You don't read fashion mags / celebrity mags / gossip mags
  • You don't seem to have gotten out very often in 2015 and observed the faces of males in shopping malls
Good for you. I think its quite quaint and endearing....not knowing what's going on in the world around you.
Do you believe most fashionable men in the modelling world are actually Hipsters? The most that most male models facial hair would is nothing more than a light subtle or a heavy subtle, (that's what's popular for many male fashion); however, don't give him crazy ideas like majority of male models have full beards.

A beard on a man is a babe magnet by friend. Keep it. U can comb it etc, make it neat. Beards are in fashion bro. You see all these goray with manbuns and biker beards. They all be singhs really... ;) cheer up kid. Ur only 12. If you shave, ul soon regret it. Been there done that

The point is when men's fashion bibles likes GQ and other style experts / writers decree in 2019/20 (for argument's sake) that beards are no longer en vogue for males, the Sikh kid - who's gained confidence and belief from these western celebrities who've been sporting facial hair in magazines, on blogs, and on TV - will be alarmed when he notices these same figures have shaved their beards and cut their hair, and that particular Sikh kid who's been lead to believe that keeping a beard is cool, because famous westerners are doing so, is up the creek without a paddle. By then one would hope he's progressed in his Sikhi to the extent that he doesn't need to rely on non-Sikhs with beards to give him confidence in his choices, but that's not a guarantee.

White westerners with beards - and let's make no bones about it, it's a particularly small minority of middle class white westerners working in the media / fashion industries, as well those with counter-culture bohemian tendencies - are following a fad that's surviving on borrowed time.

A Sikh does not have the choice to lop off his kesh when the fashion and style magazines decree the time period for a particular trend has reached its end, because for the Sikh his saroop isn't transitory unlike modern fashion trends. Also, on the whole, those fashion rules seldom apply to the dark-skinned, slightly shy, podgy, working class Sikh kid with poor bone structure, attending a comprehensive in Bristol or Bradford.

Yes, for the moment, beards are "in", but for how long?