Do you know the first part of your username is a Punjabi dirty word too ?

Don't worry I have some sideburns too ? but I'm a female.

It's called growing up and you are a male that's why you have more hair. Why are you so stressed about your hair? It's normally the girls that are stressed about it.

This young man's beard is besides the point. There is a certain bullying atmosphere prevailing at these 'Sikhi camps' where, for a week or so, kids are left for hours at a time with sanctimonious sevadars who guilt trick them into making ill-informed decisions they will regret when they leave on Sunday. I mean come on, the OP has been an Amritdhari for three years and he still doesn't seem to have ever heard the word amritdhari (amritshakt is not a noun) - the sevadars and the boy's parents clearly didn't do their job properly. We need to confront the reality that these camps are not producing very many well-informed and well-adjusted young Gursikhs, mostly clueless young kids pressured into conformity and lifelong commitments that they will inevitably come to regret.

Guilt is not a good foundation for faith, and Guru's Amrit has to be taken into one's heart willingly. You were never willing veerji, just malleable. If you believe that you can live with becoming a Patit (dare I say, Google it?) remove your kes brother. But I would advise you to read about Sikhi. Start attempting to understand the Bani rather than just muttering it, read about the history of your people, which no other nation of this earth comes close to matching in point of valor and sacrifice. After that, you may find that taking Amrit was the best decision you ever made.

first little bro you are changing , you are not going to be a kid much longer in fact I wouldn't be surprised if a massive growth spurt is on the way soon ... I agree with Balkaar that the sewadars and your folks didn't prepare you for what is Sikhi and I don't think they have done much more to help you since . Instead of taking it out on your Kesh, Try reading about Sikhi more , watching Basics of SIkhi videos, getting into the true History of the sikhs ...guaranteed you will feel a different level of closeness to Sikhi .

This facial hair and the one on your head is a natural part of you , and if you start rejecting yourself to fit in to someone else idea of what you should be will that really mean that they will accept you or you just hoping? Today it's your beard, tomorrow they may object to your name , your skin colour, your mother tongue ...just how much of you are you willing to cut away/discard to suit people who really don't accept you as good enough now , this minute? be real ...OK you feel different from others, but you will always feel that way everyone does , the white guy feels it, the chinese guy does, the Jamaican does everyone wants to fit in , but that doesn't mean destroy what you are to become exactly like everyone else , you are special because of your difference ... who can claim to have ancestors that saved so many women from slavery, that fought so bravely that even their enemies had to sing their praises, whose women were just as much warriors as the men ? that is what is running through your veins , the same blood, the same amrit ...get to know what makes you special and valuable ...Waheguru ji blessed you with amrit because it was your time , He doesn't make mistakes ...He thinks you need it

Stop wearing a patka. Tie a dastar (preferably dumala for younger people) and you will look ten times better. Trust me. Your confidence in your self and how you look will increase automatically. I had the same problem when I was a bit younger. I remember I had a lot of facial hair at your age and I thought I looked like some weird hairy beast from another planet while everyone else had smooth faces. Then one day I tied a keski, then a dumala and then I started looking like a real singh. Dastaar will also cover most of your side burns and kesh. Gives a more clean, tidy, and neat look. And all of the other added benefits like head protection.

I would mistake some other kids for girls because they had gol dastaars and shiny smooth faces lol.

I still have those yearbook pictures. I look like a little hairy patka kid in one, and then a nihang singh in the next.

Infact, once you wear a dastar you will start wishing you had more facial hair, because believe me dastaar + flowing beard = really good looking guy.

Benefits = you look older and better than your friends and you get to do more stuff and get more respect from other Sikhs .

Before you even start learning how to tie it, you just have to be determined to become a dastaar wearing singh and you will figure it out just like that by yourself even.

Well, I am afraid, you cannot go back on it now. This is your life now, son! Once you become an amritdari, you remain an amritdari till the last day of your existence on this planet!! The best you can do is start taking it seriously and do your five banis daily and beg for forgivness for having such cowardly thoughts in your mind about shaving your beard. Stop worrying about your 'pretty big moustache' too. Your facial hair is part and parcel of being a male. If waheyguru ji wanted you to be a female, you would have been a girl, but you are not. So, accept it. You are a boy and boy you shall remain all your life. Besides, anyway, our parents always want boys, don't they? They are lucky, they have a son!

Your saroop is a gift given to you by waheguru ji. God made males and females. For males he wanted them to look sabat soorat. The beard, the chin hair, the moustache and the sideburns is what gives you a very unique appearance which is so masculine, attractive and appealing. So, don't worry too much about it, it is a gift from waheguru ji, be proud and grateful for what you have. Besides, you don't want to have a smooth looking face like girls, do you? No, so, don't shave. Be natural.

It is a law of nature/God for men to have hair on their faces. To shave it off is in breach of this Nature/God's law. Why would men like to imitate women and have smooth facial appearance? Why would they prefer to look feminine instead of masculine? After all, we never ever hear women expressing a desire to grow a beard or a moustache, do we? Do men think they are women? Is that why they shave their faces to look like them?

Well if your logic was true, how come some females have a significant amount of facial hair lol? If Waheguru meant for females to be smooth faced, and males to have facial hair? The elderly bibiyan with actual beards, whats going on there?

And trying to scare or coerce him into remaining amritdhari is not the way to do this. Other people above have given him great advice, not just "ha! too late now, you're stuck!" Grow up dude.

WJKK WJKF

I Apreciate all the replies I have gotten,weather they were calling me out or explaining that these camps are messed up. Basically when I went to camp they didn't say anything at all about knowing path before becoming a amritdari,they said you just need the 5 K's and love towards sikhi they said learn gurbani after that's it