Am I Destined To Be A Manmukh?

Guest Manmukh

Guest Manmukh
WJKK WJKF

I would like some advice please

I have been having issues lately especially with work not getting on with my manager she seems to exploit every mistake I make. I’m not perfect if I don’t get on with someone I wear my heart on my sleeve I won’t associate with them which is bad as this is my manager. So she keeps emailing and pointing out my faults I’m getting really stressed I think it’s me the way I act. Other things in my life are not so great ie im putting on weight my Parth I can’t do properly I’m repeating a lot as well thinking im making mistakes.

So I did a Hukam as I try to every morning :

ਪਉੜੀ ॥ पउड़ी ॥ Pa▫oṛī. Pauree:

ਜਿਨ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਨਿੰਦਾ ਦੁਸਟੁ ਹੈ ਨਕ ਵਢੇ ਨਕ ਵਢਾਇਆ ॥ जिन अंदरि निंदा दुसटु है नक वढे नक वढाइआ ॥ Jin anḏar ninḏā ḏusat hai nak vadẖe nak vaḏẖā▫i▫ā. Those who are filled with vicious slander, shall have their noses cut, and be shamed.

ਮਹਾ ਕਰੂਪ ਦੁਖੀਏ ਸਦਾ ਕਾਲੇ ਮੁਹ ਮਾਇਆ ॥ महा करूप दुखीए सदा काले मुह माइआ ॥ Mahā karūp ḏukẖī▫e saḏā kāle muh mā▫i▫ā. They are totally ugly, and always in pain. Their faces are blackened by Maya.

ਭਲਕੇ ਉਠਿ ਨਿਤ ਪਰ ਦਰਬੁ ਹਿਰਹਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਚੁਰਾਇਆ ॥ भलके उठि नित पर दरबु हिरहि हरि नामु चुराइआ ॥ Bẖalke uṯẖ niṯ par ḏarab hirėh har nām cẖurā▫i▫ā. They rise early in the morning, to cheat and steal from others; they hide from the Lord's Name.

ਹਰਿ ਜੀਉ ਤਿਨ ਕੀ ਸੰਗਤਿ ਮਤ ਕਰਹੁ ਰਖਿ ਲੇਹੁ ਹਰਿ ਰਾਇਆ ॥ हरि जीउ तिन की संगति मत करहु रखि लेहु हरि राइआ ॥ Har jī▫o ṯin kī sangaṯ maṯ karahu rakẖ leho har rā▫i▫ā. O Dear Lord, let me not even associate with them; save me from them, O my Sovereign Lord King.

ਨਾਨਕ ਪਇਐ ਕਿਰਤਿ ਕਮਾਵਦੇ ਮਨਮੁਖਿ ਦੁਖੁ ਪਾਇਆ ॥੧੭॥ नानक पइऐ किरति कमावदे मनमुखि दुखु पाइआ ॥१७॥ Nānak pa▫i▫ai kiraṯ kamāvḏe manmukẖ ḏukẖ pā▫i▫ā. ||17|| O Nanak, the self-willed manmukhs act according to their past deeds, producing nothing but pain. ||17||

My interpretation is Waheguru is calling me the manmukh and that basically I slander and because of my past actions its all my fault.

Is that right? Is there any way I can stop this or do I just accept that im the manmukh that I am?

PhulChukMaff

No, If u were destined to be a Manmukh, the Gurus wouldn't have bothered writing Gurbani. Gurbani is to teach us out of Maya, so never feel that you are doomed to live a life of cra*p because Guruji has given us All an Equal opportunity to get out of it.

Read Gurbani and apply it to your everyday life. I recently had the same feeling as u but I realised that He teaches us out of Love and we are all able to live lives as Good people, even if we're deluded in this moment, we are able to take the teachings and apply them freely whenever we want.

WJKK WJKF

I have been having issues lately especially with work not getting on with my manager she seems to exploit every mistake I make. Im not perfect if I dont get on with someone I wear my heart on my sleeve I wont associate with them which is bad as this is my manager. So she keeps emailing and pointing out my faults Im getting really stressed I think its me the way I act. Other things in my life are not so great ie im putting on weight my Parth I cant do properly Im repeating a lot as well thinking im making mistakes.

ਜਿਨ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਨਿੰਦਾ ਦੁਸਟੁ ਹੈ ਨਕ ਵਢੇ ਨਕ ਵਢਾਇਆ ॥ जिन अंदरि निंदा दुसटु है नक वढे नक वढाइआ ॥ Jin anḏar ninḏā ḏusat hai nak vadẖe nak vaḏẖā▫i▫ā. Those who are filled with vicious slander, shall have their noses cut, and be shamed.

ਮਹਾ ਕਰੂਪ ਦੁਖੀਏ ਸਦਾ ਕਾਲੇ ਮੁਹ ਮਾਇਆ ॥ महा करूप दुखीए सदा काले मुह माइआ ॥ Mahā karūp ḏukẖī▫e saḏā kāle muh mā▫i▫ā. They are totally ugly, and always in pain. Their faces are blackened by Maya.

ਭਲਕੇ ਉਠਿ ਨਿਤ ਪਰ ਦਰਬੁ ਹਿਰਹਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਚੁਰਾਇਆ ॥ भलके उठि नित पर दरबु हिरहि हरि नामु चुराइआ ॥ Bẖalke uṯẖ niṯ par ḏarab hirėh har nām cẖurā▫i▫ā. They rise early in the morning, to cheat and steal from others; they hide from the Lord's Name.

ਹਰਿ ਜੀਉ ਤਿਨ ਕੀ ਸੰਗਤਿ ਮਤ ਕਰਹੁ ਰਖਿ ਲੇਹੁ ਹਰਿ ਰਾਇਆ ॥ हरि जीउ तिन की संगति मत करहु रखि लेहु हरि राइआ ॥ Har jī▫o ṯin kī sangaṯ maṯ karahu rakẖ leho har rā▫i▫ā. O Dear Lord, let me not even associate with them; save me from them, O my Sovereign Lord King.

ਨਾਨਕ ਪਇਐ ਕਿਰਤਿ ਕਮਾਵਦੇ ਮਨਮੁਖਿ ਦੁਖੁ ਪਾਇਆ ॥੧੭॥ नानक पइऐ किरति कमावदे मनमुखि दुखु पाइआ ॥१७॥ Nānak pa▫i▫ai kiraṯ kamāvḏe manmukẖ ḏukẖ pā▫i▫ā. ||17|| O Nanak, the self-willed manmukhs act according to their past deeds, producing nothing but pain. ||17||

My interpretation is Waheguru is calling me the manmukh and that basically I slander and because of my past actions its all my fault.

Is that right? Is there any way I can stop this or do I just accept that im the manmukh that I am?

PhulChukMaff

The thing is one can interpret a hukamnama in different ways, depending on their situation and what they are going through.

Sat ji has given a good explanation above.

You asked Guruji for advice and they gave you it.

Guru ji is guiding you by telling you how it may become if you follow that route.

But here, they say :

ਹਰਿ ਜੀਉ ਤਿਨ ਕੀ ਸੰਗਤਿ ਮਤ ਕਰਹੁ ਰਖਿ ਲੇਹੁ ਹਰਿ ਰਾਇਆ ॥

हरि जीउ तिन की संगति मत करहु रखि लेहु हरि राइआ ॥

Har jī▫o ṯin kī sangaṯ maṯ karahu rakẖ leho har rā▫i▫ā.

O Dear Lord, let me not even associate with them; save me from them, O my Sovereign Lord King.

This is what you should focus on and ask for from Waheguru so your mann(mind) stays on the right path and that you do not divert to bad ways.

If you think its what Waheguru is telling you, that you have mentioned above, then you should ask for forgiveness and make changes and try as best as you can to be stress free. The rest is in Wahegurus grace, as long as you are trying from your end.

Don't worry, nobody is perfect, everybody has their ups and downs in life. But keep motivated and don't give up. God is there for us in bad times too.

Bhul chuk maf Karo ji if I've said wrong.

I think the hukamnama was describin ur manager. That she is horrible n stuff so dont let urself be dominated by a mean person.

Also do something to make ur life better, dont do any nindya, exercise, and take santhiya classes. Also maybe its a good thing shes pointing out ur mistakes, u can learn.

Im pretty sure the hukamnama was for her unless u r going around doing nindya???

No Jee,

you are not destined to be manmukh, but to become a Sikh first and then become a Gurmukh.

So who is a sikh?

Sikh is that jeeva, who faithfully lives according to the teachings of Gurmat, and then does the needful bhakti with the kamaee of the Gurparsad, in order to become pure paviter and become worthy to merge in Wahiguru Akal Purukh.

That living(Gurmat), is it in a nutshell, what Wahiguru expects from us.

Practice Truth(Sach), and one automatically starts shedding all imperfections from the mind.

Once this is acheived, there is only Light, only Jot of Wahiguru. Sat Chit Anand, Truth, Absolute Conciousness and Eternal Bliss.

Apart fom that, everything else is Maya, is koor.

The Bani says:

Ik Oankar, Satgur Parsad.

In this one line above of 4 words of the Bani, lies all the spirtitual wisdom, spiritual wealth ....

God bless you jee.

Sat Sree Akal.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

WJKK WJKF
I have been having issues lately especially with work not getting on with my manager she seems to exploit every mistake I make. I’m not perfect if I don’t get on with someone I wear my heart on my sleeve I won’t associate with them which is bad as this is my manager. So she keeps emailing and pointing out my faults I’m getting really stressed I think it’s me the way I act. Other things in my life are not so great ie im putting on weight my Parth I can’t do properly I’m repeating a lot as well thinking im making mistakes.
PhulChukMaff

I have the same problem of keep repeating bani, as I worry to much about the pronunciation as well.

Before it was really bad but Guru Ji's kirpa it got much better. I still do it know because it is a habit but hopefully that will stop as well. I know how it feel, sometimes your mind feels fried and I've asked the same question on here before, check the link below the advice I got really helped me.

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/77745-pronunciation-of-gurbani-help/#entry641012

The best thing is to do, is break the cycle as soon as you can. Do ardaas and ask for Guru Ji's support, also before you start your path ask forgiveness if you pronounce anything wrong and ask Guru Ji to help you throughout your path.

What I do know is I get my headphones and recite along with the bani. The link above has many links to read along bania.

We need to stop worrying about pronunciation and start doing bania with love, then everything will become better.

Please forgive me if i said anything wrong

Sat Sri Akaal