Is Islam

Big_Tera

With all the media stories and news which potray muslims in a negative light, Is this affecting Islams growth. Many people must watch these news stories and be out of Islam. hence its growth must have stalled.

what attracts people to Islam in the first place. I think it a sence of order in their life that they crave. something that makes sence of the world they are living in and how to live it.

Maybe this is what we need to teach people about Sikhism that it is also a way of life and not just a religion of festivals ects

To get deep into Sikhi you have to pass through a tough test of seeing through all of the bullsh1t our people get up to. Many people can't do that. For those strong enough to, they'll find a bottomless treasure trove.

As things are so bad in sikhi, and getting worse, sggs beadbi, sk vs akali dal, all the other controversies plus gurudwara infightin,backbiting community etc, what makes sikhs stay sikhs n have faith that things will get better? What keeps u in sikhi? What is the treasure trove for u?

They have a very strong sense of cohesion and unity that we don't.

Lol that doesnt last very long, hence y so many new converts leave islam in droves after 3-4yrs. There was a video online of abdur rehman green addressing this, not to mention an fb site tryin to help lonely converts who were jus prized presentations initially, but not bothered with, afta a while.

Funny how they have wet dreams over number of converts joining, but not on the amount leaving. Look at the fallin demographics of muslims in africa, or the arab muslims who come to europe. The 1st thing ive notice is arabs disown islam straight away. Ive lost count of the Number of syrians n lebanese who eat n dress wat they like n not bother fasting. While the arab wannabes like paks n banglas spittin feathers at them not caring.

They have a very strong sense of cohesion and unity that we don't. People are often attracted to that from what I've seen. Plus girls REALLY love a good 'seeing to': Charitrio Pakyaan tells us as much too. So if some women gets a Muslim boyfriend and he does her good service and offers her the support of a wider, inclusive community (which they are to converts), the girl's mind switches and they are perfectly happy to convert and marry to continue living like this.

The politics of today have actually given sullay a lot of sympathy too in my opinion. Today they are the underdog fighting a much, bigger powerful foe. This overcomes a lot of the negativity that stems from the media. Plus we (rightfully) have a lot of suspicion of the media these days too. There are so many of them that people in places like London are accustomed to being around them daily (even at work), this familiarity ameliorates the negative publicity.

In contrast our people are often seen as archaic, and very insular as well as very independent of one another - this doesn't help give off the impression of community strength and unity that people often seek. It's also easier for people from (even nominal) Christian backgrounds to make that leap into Islam which largely retains all of the prophets/myths/narratives they've grown up with. In contrast our faith seems more alien with lots more unfamiliar Indic references.

But in the end, I think all of the actual religious and spiritual details concerning a religion are usually secondary factors to people converting in actual reality. It's more about more basic needs of belonging and structure in ones life. Plus, we have a lot of differing opinions on the nature of Sikhi - that can be confusing for outsiders.

To get deep into Sikhi you have to pass through a tough test of seeing through all of the bullsh1t our people get up to. Many people can't do that. For those strong enough to, they'll find a bottomless treasure trove.

really I am horrified at the kind of low opinion you are sharing of your sisters and mothers ....I would be tempted to call you bad names but I really despair at your fate with that soch ...If you disrespect your own , who will respect them did you ever think about that? or about tarring every one with the same brush ? so low , so nalaik this is the second incident where you have shown your true gutter thinking ... clean up or get lost

The politics of today have actually given sullay a lot of sympathy too in my opinion. Today they are the underdog fighting a much, bigger powerful foe. This overcomes a lot of the negativity that stems from the media. Plus we (rightfully) have a lot of suspicion of the media these days too. There are so many of them that people in places like London are accustomed to being around them daily (even at work), this familiarity ameliorates the negative publicity.

This is it. The "backs against the wall mentality" is quite an attractive prospect to most; rallying against the system, a David v Goliath situation.

They have a very strong sense of cohesion and unity that we don't. People are often attracted to that from what I've seen. Plus girls REALLY love a good 'seeing to': Charitrio Pakyaan tells us as much too. So if some women gets a Muslim boyfriend and he does her good service and offers her the support of a wider, inclusive community (which they are to converts), the girl's mind switches and they are perfectly happy to convert and marry to continue living like this.

In contrast our people are often seen as archaic, and very insular as well as very independent of one another - this doesn't help give off the impression of community strength and unity that people often seek. It's also easier for people from (even nominal) Christian backgrounds to make that leap into Islam which largely retains all of the prophets/myths/narratives they've grown up with. In contrast our faith seems more alien with lots more unfamiliar Indic references.

But in the end, I think all of the actual religious and spiritual details concerning a religion are usually secondary factors to people converting in actual reality. It's more about more basic needs of belonging and structure in ones life. Plus, we have a lot of differing opinions on the nature of Sikhi - that can be confusing for outsiders.

And you really do contribute to the cohesion in Sikhi with your rants that turn every thread into an anti-Jat thread? Your views on women are interesting, you don't say 'some girls' but 'girls' love a good seeing to, so I assume your mother and your sister/s and other female members of your family also love a good seeing to. I am surprised that some of the members of the forum have actually gone and liked your post. If anything your post shows more of what is wrong with you than what is right or wrong in Sikh females. From your post it appears that your opinions are more in line with the way Muslims view women rather than how Sikhi views women. Using charitro pakhyan to back up your cave man views of women is pretty disgusting.

In ending I can just say.. you are one sick individual.

Truth is a bitter pill to swallow. Some of you just simply confirm this. If you want to live in ladida unicorn land - feel free.

I'm not remotely impressed by most members of our community - that's the truth. I know there are LOTS of apnay who feel this way. That is in no way suggesting that I'm without my own faults (which are legion), but the outright pakaand that constitutes our community these days makes me want to puke.

For those that asked: What keeps me going is the interaction with the contents of Guru ji, our literature and our potential. And one other thing:

Despite all I've said, it only takes interaction with a few gems to inspire you. They don't usually come in the form that you might expect them in, and sometimes you only understand and appreciate what you've encountered long afterwards, but I'm glad to have met some honorable brothers and sisters who are not scared to face bitter truths in fear of banging up frail egos (their own and others) - and try and do something about things, making personal sacrifices and taking risks.

And for the record - for some of you cry baby, whiny people, just so you know: I could not give one inch of a toss about your crying because some truths have riled you up. Good!

Truth is a bitter pill to swallow. Some of you just simply confirm this. If you want to live in ladida unicorn land - feel free.

I'm not remotely impressed by most members of our community - that's the truth. I know there are LOTS of apnay who feel this way. That is in no way suggesting that I'm without my own faults (which are legion), but the outright pakaand that constitutes our community these days makes me want to puke.

For those that asked: What keeps me going is the interaction with the contents of Guru ji, our literature and our potential. And one other thing:

Despite all I've said, it only takes interaction with a few gems to inspire you. They don't usually come in the form that you might expect them in, and sometimes you only understand and appreciate what you've encountered long afterwards, but I'm glad to have met some honorable brothers and sisters who are not scared to face bitter truths in fear of banging up frail egos (their own and others) - and try and do something about things, making personal sacrifices and taking risks.

And for the record - for some of you cry baby, whiny people, just so you know: I could not give one inch of a toss about your crying because some truths have riled you up. Good!

for your information chaitropakhiyan also highlights the low mentality of men ...obvious you haven't read it ... for example, the egotistic older man marrying younger wife despite having sons older than the new wife . It also talks of woman's good values too ... it is not all what you have 'heard' it to be. I expect a Sikh to think and behave with respect for all females as our Guru ji told us to behave and yet you know better than Guru ji about how to talk about women ... It doesn't matter what their faults are , that is not our call only Guru ji's ...yep there are plenty of bad and indifferent people but they doesn't preclude the necessity of following Guru ji's adesh. Sabh me jot, jot hai soe, tis de chanan sabh meh chanan hoe ....think deeper