Donald Trumph Jindabad (Long Live)

Hammertime007

The UK for the most part have good race relations (in my opinion).

The Sikhs in the Uk get on with everyone (as it is with our relatively open friendly nature). We have had problems with certain segments of the Pakistani population but then again who hasn't in the UK. When you bring your clannish behaviour combined with an expansionist supremacist ideology, it's going to cause problems. For a lot of Sikhs in the UK in many cases, living in an area with less muslims improves your quality of life.

With Somalis, no Sikhs per say has any direct issues with them but they are even more disliked by other black populations (Afro-Caribbeans and West African such as Nigerians).

They do not seem to be a progressive people, they are still stuck in their tribal ways. They do not share the same values as us such as a work ethic and to improve your lot. After 20+ years living in parts of West London they are still on welfare.

2 things to remember Ranjeet:

1. Firstly, UK Sikhs need to understand that Canada has the biggest Somalian population in the western world so they know Somalians alot better than UK Sikhs do. When the Somali refugee crisis started many many years ago it was Canada that took in by far the largest and even today it is Canada that has the most.
  2. When you think of the great Sikh neighbourhoods of the Greater Toronto area, such as Brampton and Mississauga, you have to remember for example that Mississauga has more Pakistanis than Bradford. In fact for Muslims as a whole, Canada's census reveals that there are 3 times more Muslims in Canada than there are Sikhs. You also have to remember that Toronto is one of the big 4 Jamaican expatriate cities of the world (along with New York, London and Miami). In fact Toronto's Jamaican community is larger and more livelier than London's.

So, lets recap: They have the crime. They have the Muslims. They have drugs. They have the lowering of stanadrds in neighbourhoods. They have the same things as us.

But.....unlike us, they don't have a negative Sikh community permanently crying about it. Cryin about this. Complaining about that. They don't have a single element within the Sikh community so silly, so misinformed, so wrong, that they would actually support Donald Trump and his facist ideology. Thats the difference.

2 things to remember Ranjeet:

• Firstly, UK Sikhs need to understand that Canada has the biggest Somalian population in the western world so they know Somalians alot better than UK Sikhs do. When the Somali refugee crisis started many many years ago it was Canada that took in by far the largest and even today it is Canada that has the most.
  • When you think of the great Sikh neighbourhoods of the Greater Toronto area, such as Brampton and Mississauga, you have to remember for example that Mississauga has more Pakistanis than Bradford. In fact for Muslims as a whole, Canada's census reveals that there are 3 times more Muslims in Canada than there are Sikhs. You also have to remember that Toronto is one of the big 4 Jamaican expatriate cities of the world (along with New York, London and Miami). In fact Toronto's Jamaican community is larger and more livelier than London's.
So, lets recap: They have the crime. They have the Muslims. They have drugs. They have the lowering of stanadrds in neighbourhoods. They have the same things as us.

But.....unlike us, they don't have a negative Sikh community permanently crying about it. Cryin about this. Complaining about that. They don't have a single element within the Sikh community so silly, so misinformed, so wrong, that they would actually support Donald Trump and his facist ideology. Thats the difference.

I think most Western countries have a quite a lot of Somalis. I am sure the likes of Holland and Sweden probably have a good understanding of the Somalians population too. I am sure Sikhs in Southall and Hounslow would think they have a good understanding of Somalis, living amongst them for the past 20 years.

There are a quite a lot of Somalis in Minnesota too and they are not looked upon very kindly. They are quite problematic particularly with the African American community.

It would be interesting to see what Jamaicans in Toronto think of Somalis in Canada. I would guesstimate that their opinions would not be too different from their Afro-Caribbean brothers in London.

I personally have no issue with Somalis, but having observed them for 20 odd years, there does not seem to be much progress in terms of their community and most of them seem to stuck on welfare. This is just my observation.

I would agree that UK Sikhs can be a bunch of whining babies, but that is probably because we live in a country of complainers.

I get involved with a few Sikh initiatives in my local community and you hear a lot of complaints but very few of these complainers pull out their finger and do something about it.

multiculturalism and integration is broken in the UK. It's been replaced with segregation and hate (though segregation is better than war) It's not just muslim gettos, Wembley looks like a 3rd world slum getto from Mumbai or dehli, have you seen the state of the non sikh indian people there. The last 3 major riots in the UK were all race related, 2001 pakistani youth in Oldham, 2005 pakistanis v blacks birmingham, 2010 various blacks types and some muslims rioting and looting over the UK. Sikhs have every right to complian we are the best example of immigration and integration, if we wanted to live in the 3rd we would have stayed in india

I have seen multiculturalism work, it was in 1980s and very early 90s. In those days the main immigrants were west Indians, Bangladeshis, Indians; both sikhs and hindus and a reasonable number of Pakistanis.for multiculturalism to work we have to go back to the racial demographics of the 80s and very early 90.

We are closer as a community when it is necessary to do so.

I think familiarity breeds contempt in a lot of cases.

I just hope most of you leafy suburban dwellers haven't become as soft as shite if we ever do need to kick off.

BTW, if you are living in those kind of environments - I hope you're training and not slobbing out playing xbox and ish all day. lol And if you are ducking all community issues in your cosy havens, you'd better at least be getting top grades and becoming top doctors, scientists and ish.

It's really good this internet thing: Makes me realise that behind most of the dogmatic debating, and indignation about Khalistan, Indian politics and whatnot are some pampered, closeted leafy, suburban dwelling comfort zone cats; this is useful to know. I don't think you guys would ever do anything that takes you away from the lap of comfort you're in. All the noise you make is most likely to be your way of retaining some identity in the face of a bland white surrounding you find yourselves in. Useful to know what kind of people you are.

I have seen multiculturalism work, it was in 1980s and very early 90s. In those days the main immigrants were west Indians, Bangladeshis, Indians; both sikhs and hindus and a reasonable number of Pakistanis.for multiculturalism to work we have to go back to the racial demographics of the 80s and very early 90.

That's not going to happen with birthrates as they are and with the amount of Europeans coming here. Plus, we touched on it before, destabilising the mid-east has caused a refugee crisis, some of them are coming here too.

You need to stop with the idea of returning to some 'golden age', ain't gonna happen mate. Instead, you should be more focused making do with the situation as it is. That's really unrealistic imagining that we can 'freeze' a particular moment in history and replicate it.

Not at all bro, the two biggest communities being Brampton and Surrey (100k +), are surrounded by cities with smaller populations of 10-20-30,000 Sikhs, there is just some shuffling like a family moves from Surrey to Delta, or Brampton to Etobicoke. No mass migration. Calgary has strong and still growing population of Sikhs in the North East, been there since the 90's.

How do apnay get on in general? Do they have a strong sense of community? Are they happy living together?

multiculturalism and integration is broken in the UK. It's been replaced with segregation and hate (though segregation is better than war) It's not just muslim gettos, Wembley looks like a 3rd world slum getto from Mumbai or dehli, have you seen the state of the non sikh indian people there. The last 3 major riots in the UK were all race related, 2001 pakistani youth in Oldham, 2005 pakistanis v blacks birmingham, 2010 various blacks types and some muslims rioting and looting over the UK. Sikhs have every right to complian we are the best example of immigration and integration, if we wanted to live in the 3rd we would have stayed in india

Don't think sitting there on the sidelines complaining about how 'it's all gone to the dogs' is any sort of plan or strategy for us. If you don't like urban living use your money to move to suburbia.

"Black types"? Also, this was in 2011.