Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jacfsing2

Sources Of Protein?

105 posts in this topic

I haven't ordered it yet; however, I will when I get the time. (I do admit that I am slightly lazy)

Seriously, the best thing is to just sit down now and order those things and have them in your face asap. Otherwise laziness will make you procrastinate and you wont even order them, let alone use them!

To your question about America, (I don't live in any major cities), people aren't rude or crazy as they make it in the media, many don't know much about Sikhs, but they don't have any unnecessary hate to them either. Most people own many shastars because of the freedom to own Shastars here, many evangelicals and missionaries constantly preaching, (even to their own people), it's basically a normal country as long as your not too bad.

What do you mean by most people own shasters? Who, and what type of shasters?

Bro get a power rack!

Those things are expensive and take up a lot of space. Plus you have to buy weights. With jacsf budget, he wouldn't be able to afford it. What rack do you have?

Edited by dallysingh101
1 person likes this

Seriously, the best thing is to just sit down now and order those things and have them in your face asap. Otherwise laziness will make you procrastinate and you wont even order them, let alone use them! (What should I do until I have received it, for the time being: if I order today it'll only show up before Christmas)

What do you mean by most people own shasters? (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_guns_per_capita_by_country) Who, and what type of shasters? (A lot of the southern part and they own guns for the most part For every 100 people there are 112 guns)

Those things are expensive and take up a lot of space. Plus you have to buy weights. With jacsf budget, he wouldn't be able to afford it. What rack do you have?

What should I do until I have received it, for the time being: if I order today it'll only show up before Christmas)

What you should do now is assess your current level of fitness. Get into your jogging pants and tee and have a timer.

1) Do the maximum number of push ups you can do in one go - record the number (chest)

2) Try to do 25 squats (go down low! to the grass) - can you get to the end okay? (legs/quads)

3) Try some diamond push ups (triceps) - see this vid from 4 mins onwards:

4) Do some handstands against the wall - can you hold your body weight up? (Warning make SURE that the area around is clear when you try this), don't kick no little kid or your momma in the head accidentally coming down!

Here some things for you to visualise and aspire for:

Edited by dallysingh101

On Craigslist you can get a cheap power rack for about 2 hundred bucks. Then get some weight plates and a bar for 150 used. It's a one time investment that can go a long way.

What you should do now is assess your current level of fitness. Get into your jogging pants and tee and have a timer.

1) Do the maximum number of push ups you can do in one go - record the number (chest)

2) Try to do 25 squats (go down low! to the grass) - can you get to the end okay? (legs/quads)

3) Try some diamond push ups (triceps) - see this vid from 4 mins onwards:

4) Do some handstands against the wall - can you hold your body weight up? (Warning make SURE that the area around is clear when you try this), don't kick no little kid or your momma in the head accidentally coming down!

Here some things for you to visualise and aspire for:

Hannibal is what got me working out! That guy is fkn crazy!

Do a lot of body weight exercises such as squats, sit-ups, push ups, planks, burpees etc.

A trx is actually awesome for body weight exercises.

1 person likes this

Hannibal is what got me working out! That guy is fkn crazy!

Same here. lol

A trx is actually awesome for body weight exercises.

What is a trx?

Same here. lol

What is a trx?

TRX is a total resistance exercise. You can do all sorts of body weight exercises on it. It's awesome for when I go too dis and can't get a hold of weights. Just strap it onto a tree or the ceiling and start your workouts!

Dally you should get one!

TRX is a total resistance exercise. You can do all sorts of body weight exercises on it. It's awesome for when I go too dis and can't get a hold of weights. Just strap it onto a tree or the ceiling and start your workouts!

Dally you should get one!

Looks interesting. Have you got one?

I find I always snap the ish of of stuff like that for some reason? I bought these 'rings' to hang off my pull up bar but they took so long to set up and then there is so much extra sh1t flapping about when you use them, then some clasp thing on them stopped being secure that I don't use them anymore.

This stuff is pretty good bro. A navy seal guy made it. This thing cannot compete with real weights but if you don't have weights nearby this is a good replacement for the time being.

This stuff is pretty good bro. A navy seal guy made it. This thing cannot compete with real weights but if you don't have weights nearby this is a good replacement for the time being.

I'm a get one when I get some free cash. Looks good for core stuff.

(A lot of the southern part and they own guns for the most part For every 100 people there are 112 guns)

How do you and your family feel about this?

If I was in the US and I could legally carry a gun. I'd be strapped. Seriously. Concealed weapon permit and that.

How do you and your family feel about this?

If I was in the US and I could legally carry a gun. I'd be strapped. Seriously. Concealed weapon permit and that.

What happened? Crapped yourself at the very thought of the question Singh? lol <I'm messing>

Important:

Certain people earlier in thread were saying that broccoli was a good source of protein. I just checked it out and that seems like pure lies! It has 3 to 5g of protein per 100g for God's sake!

Head's up! Whilst broccoli is awesome in your diet for other reasons it does NOT appear to be a good source of protein. Certain people need to actually do a few searches on nutritional values of foods before they post misleading information.

1 person likes this

What happened? Crapped yourself at the very thought of the question Singh? lol <I'm messing>

Important:

Certain people earlier in thread were saying that broccoli was a good source of protein. I just checked it out and that seems like pure lies! It has 3 to 5g of protein per 100g for God's sake!

Head's up! Whilst broccoli is awesome in your diet for other reasons it does NOT appear to be a good source of protein. Certain people need to actually do a few searches on nutritional values of foods before they post misleading information.

I apologize for the late response; however, I personally don't own a gun, (I didn't get a notification or a quote which caused a late reply). Also for some odd reason I didn't see the responses on this topic because of some strange thing on my mobile browser.

I apologize for the late response; however, I personally don't own a gun, (I didn't get a notification or a quote which caused a late reply). Also for some odd reason I didn't see the responses on this topic because of some strange thing on my mobile browser.

Do you think raising children in the normalised environment of guns (like you described in your hometown) will make them more likely to carry them when older? You ever been to a gun range?

How do you think the local whites would react to your openly practicing and packing? Would they be cool or get jittery?

You order the pull up bar or anything yet btw?

Edited by dallysingh101

Do you think raising children in the normalised environment of guns (like you described in your hometown) will make them more likely to carry them when older? (Yes) You ever been to a gun range? (No)

How do you think the local whites would react to your openly practicing and packing? (I'd mostly care about keeping people safe than reactions) Would they be cool or get jittery? (Most would get "jittery")

You order the pull up bar or anything yet btw? (Not yet, I was first looking at all the cheapest prices, though, I have started doing some basic stuff to get started, and eating less than normal)

Just so you know it's somewhat expensive to own guns; which my pocket at current times can't afford, which is why I wanted to start with first getting fit.

Just so you know it's somewhat expensive to own guns; which my pocket at current times can't afford, which is why I wanted to start with first getting fit.

For the record: I wasn't trying to push you to get a gun (that's your call), I was just curious about growing up in that shasterdhari culture.

You still didn't say whether you ordered the pull up bar or dip station though....lol

Can't quote dallysingh101's post for some reason. Getting some error message.

Edited by simran345

" Important:

Head's up! Whilst broccoli is awesome in your diet for other reasons it does NOT appear to be a good source of protein. Certain people need to actually do a few searches on nutritional values of foods before they post misleading information."

Thanks Dally Paji for pointing that out. My dietician told me that too, I'll have words with her ?

I'm sorry if I burst anyone's bubble but other than the legumes (nuts and beans), the amount of protein in vegetable food is so insignificant as to be useless for anyone trying to build a lot of lean muscle. There are a lot of very misleading tables and posters fabricated by vegan advocacy groups going about the internet.

You're going to have to fall passionately in love with dairy products to have any chance of building a lot of lean muscle as a vegetarian.

If you drink 3 pints of semi-skimmed milk a day, 3 scoops of whey powder mixed with water, and eat some kind of paneer dish each evening, with nuts and dhal throughout the day when you're feeling peckish, you'll easily break the 100+ daily grams of protein needed to bulk up significantly. Saag simply doesn't cut it.

Edited by Balkaar

I'm sorry if Saag simply doesn't cut it.

Once Punjabi ladies have had their way with Saag, it's safe to say all nutritional value is close to zero. Sure, it tastes great, but once it's been boiled and then sautéed to death, it's not going to be very healthy.

Your semi-skimmed milk and dairy, plus other natural or raw sources of protein is right.

3 people like this

Has anyone ever gone from a diet that got protein from lots of meat to vegetarian here?

How did it effect them physically?

I did, and it would be no exaggeration to say that I suffered from withdrawal effects - I was hungry and tired all the time. Was also totally clueless about what I now had to eat, so a lot of mass dropped off almost instantaneously.

Addressed the problem by eating more intelligently, and much more regularly, every 2 hours at least.

I did, and it would be no exaggeration to say that I suffered from withdrawal effects - I was hungry and tired all the time. Was also totally clueless about what I now had to eat, so a lot of mass dropped off almost instantaneously.

Addressed the problem by eating more intelligently, and much more regularly, every 2 hours at least.

Paji, what did you have as meat alternative for the protein?