Sources Of Protein?

Guest Jacfsing2

Guest Jacfsing2

I got to add: just increasing your protein intake without training to rip your muscles won't make you grow. The two come hand in hand. Don't forget some cardio too!

Are there other basic exercises you'd recommend for a beginner?

Guest Jacfsing2

Try and avoid or keep supplements to a minimum. Whole foods is the way to go in general.

Protein shakes are very helpful and easy, a couple shakes a day times after some rigorous training can help big time. Cottage cheese is another top draw. Pistachios are another rich source of protein too. Peanut butter yet another.

Don't discount good fats too. A wonderful source of slow burning energy for people who train on the regular. Get them nuts in - walnuts, brazils, almonds. Paneer too!

What's wrong with supplements ?

What's wrong with supplements ?

Doctors don't give out vitamins, supplements unless there is a deficiency.

Overload of vitamins is not good either. So only take them if needed and within the recommended daily intakes.

Best thing to do is to have a blood test to make sure you are not deficient in anything, then your doctor will advise accordingly.

Vitamin D and B12 are not normally tested within the full blood test, so one may have to request them.

Jkvlondon penji has some good alternatives.

post-24162-0-86753700-1449412992_thumb.j

These are just examples from the Internet, but your doctor may have publications for the public.

post-24162-0-61366200-1449413012_thumb.ppost-24162-0-45305700-1449413030_thumb.p

What type of exercise routine do you want to do? Weightlifting? Cardio? HIIT etc? What are your goals?

What do you want to achieve? A flat stomach? Ripped body?

Guest Jacfsing2

What type of exercise routine do you want to do? Weightlifting? Cardio? HIIT etc? What are your goals?

What do you want to achieve? A flat stomach? Ripped body?

Mostly getting stronger and muscular.

Mostly getting stronger and muscular.

If you are a beginner and want strength then you can start on stronglifts program. This program WILL make you strong but not really muscular. For a mixture of strenght and muscle building I would recommend Dr Casey Butt's program the weight trainer. I have personal experience with both so you can choose any. Also depending on your body type you can do cardio as well. I have been doing Muay Thai for the last 6 months and it's awesome cardio and also teaches how to fight.

Do you have a little budget for some basic/cheap equipment?

Also depending on your body type you can do cardio as well. I have been doing Muay Thai for the last 6 months and it's awesome cardio and also teaches how to fight.

I suggest he gets his mass./strength up a bit before doing a martial art. That'll put some weight behind his punches/kicks.