• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jacfsing2

Sources Of Protein?

105 posts in this topic

I was asking this to know what is the best alternate from meat to get sources of Protein? Is it multivitamins, or real food, or some protein shakes and whatnot+

2 people like this

Try and avoid or keep supplements to a minimum. Whole foods is the way to go in general.

Protein shakes are very helpful and easy, a couple shakes a day times after some rigorous training can help big time. Cottage cheese is another top draw. Pistachios are another rich source of protein too. Peanut butter yet another.

Don't discount good fats too. A wonderful source of slow burning energy for people who train on the regular. Get them nuts in - walnuts, brazils, almonds. Paneer too!

3 people like this

I got to add: just increasing your protein intake without training to rip your muscles won't make you grow. The two come hand in hand. Don't forget some cardio too!

2 people like this

I got to add: just increasing your protein intake without training to rip your muscles won't make you grow. The two come hand in hand. Don't forget some cardio too!

Are there other basic exercises you'd recommend for a beginner?

Try and avoid or keep supplements to a minimum. Whole foods is the way to go in general.

Protein shakes are very helpful and easy, a couple shakes a day times after some rigorous training can help big time. Cottage cheese is another top draw. Pistachios are another rich source of protein too. Peanut butter yet another.

Don't discount good fats too. A wonderful source of slow burning energy for people who train on the regular. Get them nuts in - walnuts, brazils, almonds. Paneer too!

What's wrong with supplements ?

What's wrong with supplements ?

Doctors don't give out vitamins, supplements unless there is a deficiency.

Overload of vitamins is not good either. So only take them if needed and within the recommended daily intakes.

Best thing to do is to have a blood test to make sure you are not deficient in anything, then your doctor will advise accordingly.

Vitamin D and B12 are not normally tested within the full blood test, so one may have to request them.

Jkvlondon penji has some good alternatives.

post-24162-0-86753700-1449412992_thumb.j

These are just examples from the Internet, but your doctor may have publications for the public.

post-24162-0-61366200-1449413012_thumb.ppost-24162-0-45305700-1449413030_thumb.p

Edited by simran345
2 people like this

What type of exercise routine do you want to do? Weightlifting? Cardio? HIIT etc? What are your goals?

What do you want to achieve? A flat stomach? Ripped body?

What type of exercise routine do you want to do? Weightlifting? Cardio? HIIT etc? What are your goals?

What do you want to achieve? A flat stomach? Ripped body?

Mostly getting stronger and muscular.

Mostly getting stronger and muscular.

If you are a beginner and want strength then you can start on stronglifts program. This program WILL make you strong but not really muscular. For a mixture of strenght and muscle building I would recommend Dr Casey Butt's program the weight trainer. I have personal experience with both so you can choose any. Also depending on your body type you can do cardio as well. I have been doing Muay Thai for the last 6 months and it's awesome cardio and also teaches how to fight.
2 people like this

Do you have a little budget for some basic/cheap equipment?

Also depending on your body type you can do cardio as well. I have been doing Muay Thai for the last 6 months and it's awesome cardio and also teaches how to fight.

I suggest he gets his mass./strength up a bit before doing a martial art. That'll put some weight behind his punches/kicks.

First thing (in your mind) break your body up into certain parts:

• Shoulders
  • Arms (biceps and triceps)
  • Back
  • Core (abs and general mid-section)
  • Legs (quads = front of top leg, hamstrings = back of top of legs, calves)

I'd suggest a mixture of weights and body weight exercises at this stage.

After you've been training for a year, you can try some creatine, but get that year of training out first.

Doctors don't give out vitamins, supplements unless there is a deficiency.

Overload of vitamins is not good either. So only take them if needed and within the recommended daily intakes.

Best thing to do is to have a blood test to make sure you are not deficient in anything, then your doctor will advise accordingly.

Vitamin D and B12 are not normally tested within the full blood test, so one may have to request them.

Jkvlondon penji has some good alternatives.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

These are just examples from the Internet, but your doctor may have publications for the public.

attachicon.gifimage.pngattachicon.gifimage.png

You have to be careful, some of the high protein foods are also high in carbs!

1 person likes this

You have to be careful, some of the high protein foods are also high in carbs!

That's why it's important to get advise either from a dietician/nutritionist or a personal trainer if one is doing exercise.

It also depends on how much one is having, if it's in high amounts or whether it's balanced with other foods.

Edited by simran345

Vitamin supplements are not usually need as suggested above BUT MINERAL supplements are necessary.>>we lose out on minerals because of the stuff sprayed on veg and fruit>>>you know your fresh apple from grocery store has 22 different chemicals sprayed on it ??

>>problem is that nearly all multi mineral supplements come with vitamins. >>>so you wanna take a ggood look at mineral content and not worry about vits.

I used to eat a lot of broccoli as well and this is good source of protein>>>>>>>>the shakes should be limited and only used if you really pumping out or post heavy workouts. Or you could also use the new amino acid drinks for after workout to help with maintaining.

I've worked with a trainer for a few years >>that's why dopey me wannabe knows a thing or two

Seriously man>>>check out Protein content of BROCOLLI because it is super high >>>someone told a guy at gym it was more than steak.

the best bit is that it also has NO FAT but you will fart away most nights but feel good about it :)

Edited by JUSTAJATT

I was asking this to know what is the best alternate from meat to get sources of Protein? Is it multivitamins, or real food, or some protein shakes and whatnot+

Raw spinach leaves (as part of a salad, uncooked), cottage cheese, and cucumber (believe it or not). These are easily available, and can be incorporated into a healthy desi diet with the minimum of fuss.

Oh, and porridge!! Then start pumping some loha like it's about to go out of fashion.

Edited by MisterrSingh
1 person likes this

jacfsing, you never said if you had some small budget for some equipment?

There are a couple of things you can buy to keep you good at home.

jacfsing, you never said if you had some small budget for some equipment?

There are a couple of things you can buy to keep you good at home.

I'm willing to buy simple equipment, (nothing over the top).

I'm willing to buy simple equipment, (nothing over the top).

How much of a budget have you got?

Plus what country you in?

Edited by dallysingh101

I'd imagine a barbell, dumbbells, and various sized plates would do for now. And a bench if you're feeling a bit adventurous.

1 person likes this

How much of a budget have you got?

Plus what country you in?

A couple hundred usds, $200-300, (for beginning purposes), also I'm from America.

I'm from Canada and get really good equipment from kijiji. The equivalent of kijiji in America is Craigslist. They have some cheap equipment that will be more than enough for you.

1 person likes this

Cool. That's enough.

Grab one of those doorway pull up bars to start with. They are REALLY cheap. Like $25.

Like one of these:

prosource-heavy-duty-easy-gym-doorway-ch

iron-gym-total-upper-body-workout-bar.jp

1 person likes this

You order it?

Let me know when it comes, and we'll set you up with a routine you can do with them.

Grab this too: It's one of the best, most compact dip stations ($80), I've got one, they are awesome. This with the pull up bar with let you training loads of different body parts without taking up loads of storage space like other equipment would.

If any one else out their wants to get fit and strong, grab these two things now! The (1) pull up bar and the (2) dip station. Get your ar5e in shape, if you're a Singh and your looking weak or kudhoo (due to laziness), you KNOW you need to sort your slob ar5e out! Do it now. Order the stuff! Jump in, don't delay!

Ultimate-Body-Press-Dip-Stand.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Mountain-Stand-3000-Pound-Dip/dp/B00EPKRUGS/r?tag=vglnk-c125-20

PS - What's it like in America?

1 person likes this

You order it?

Let me know when it comes, and we'll set you up with a routine you can do with them.

Grab this too: It's one of the best, most compact dip stations ($80), I've got one, they are awesome. This with the pull up bar with let you training loads of different body parts without taking up loads of storage space like other equipment would.

If any one else out their wants to get fit and strong, grab these two things now! The (1) pull up bar and the (2) dip station. Get your ar5e in shape, if you're a Singh and your looking weak or kudhoo (due to laziness), you KNOW you need to sort your slob ar5e out! Do it now. Order the stuff! Jump in, don't delay!

Ultimate-Body-Press-Dip-Stand.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Mountain-Stand-3000-Pound-Dip/dp/B00EPKRUGS/r?tag=vglnk-c125-20

PS - What's it like in America?

I haven't ordered it yet; however, I will when I get the time. (I do admit that I am slightly lazy) To your question about America, (I don't live in any major cities), people aren't rude or crazy as they make it in the media, many don't know much about Sikhs, but they don't have any unnecessary hate to them either. Most people own many shastars because of the freedom to own Shastars here, many evangelicals and missionaries constantly preaching, (even to their own people), it's basically a normal country as long as your not too bad.

Bro get a power rack!