Gurdwaras Role With Social Issues

sikhstudent99

We also have a very old strong tradition to gossip about everyone and anyone non stop! We mind everyone else's business who happens to be blessed with two legs, two arms and two eyes on the planet!! We are, you could say, 'The Busybodies' of the world, but very reluctant and hesitant to reach out and help others when they need it!!! We don't turn to our own when we have problems because we know deep down in our hearts that everyone on the street will find out about it and then we will have a 'bad naami' forever!

We also have a very old strong tradition to gossip about everyone and anyone non stop! We mind everyone else's business who happens to be blessed with two legs, two arms and two eyes on the planet!! We are, you could say, 'The Busybodies' of the world, but very reluctant and hesitant to reach out and help others when they need it!!! We don't turn to our own when we have problems because we know deep down in our hearts that everyone on the street will find out about it and then we will have a 'bad naami' forever!

If people smacked other people who did needless chugglian about them more often, this would die down. But we are so sensitive to criticism (twisted notions of izzat) that when someone gets talked about regarding something untoward going on their family, they go into hiding or denial mode. I notice its also usually some katorh buddhi that gets off on the gossip mongering and her placid husband just sits there nodding like a lulloo. Then kids grow up with this sort of b1tching going on around them as a norm and do it themselves. More people (at a family level) need to tell the chuggle merchants in their families to shut up. Even if they are older. Got to challenge this ish at the source.

We are like crabs in a barrel. If one is getting out, the others grab onto him and drag him back in. lol

If people smacked other people who did needless chugglian about them more often, this would die down. But we are so sensitive to criticism (twisted notions of izzat) that when someone gets talked about regarding something untoward going on their family, they go into hiding or denial mode. I notice its also usually some katorh buddhi that gets off on the gossip mongering and her placid husband just sits there nodding like a lulloo. Then kids grow up with this sort of b1tching going on around them as a norm and do it themselves. More people (at a family level) need to tell the chuggle merchants in their families to shut up. Even if they are older. Got to challenge this ish at the source.

We are like crabs in a barrel. If one is getting out, the others grab onto him and drag him back in. lol

My grandma used to tell off other women at the Gurdwara when they were talking about somebody.

She used to say " Tusi ithe aunde lokha dia nauha dia gallan karn, je Rab da nau lehn aunde? Pela apne ghar deklo ki hunda ".

And I've said to some bibian in the past not to talk about our family but say it to our face, as I caught them whispering about us. That soon shut them up, after that were always nice to me, saying " kida putt teek a tu".

So yes it does need to be confronted, as that's not the reason for going to the Gurdwara. Bhagti da ghar a, which should be cherished on each visit.

She used to say " Tusi ithe aunde lokha dia nauha dia gallan karn, je Rab da nau lehn aunde? Pela apne ghar deklo ki hunda ".

It's so endemic that I've seen a fair few people (male and female) who've blatantly got problems with kids in their own house (say a daughter running around with a sullah or gora on the sly; or a hedonistic drug/alcohol and steroid fueled son), yet feel no shame about gossiping (with relish too!) about stuff going on in other people's homes...

It's so endemic that I've seen a fair few people (male and female) who've blatantly got problems with kids in their own house (say a daughter running around with a sullah or gora on the sly; or a hedonistic drug/alcohol and steroid fueled son), yet feel no shame about gossiping (with relish too!) about stuff going on in other people's homes...

That's because they think nobody knows and it's hidden, thinking nobody has seen it. But reality is most families have some sort of problem, it's just some hide it well and put on an act. Nobody's family is perfect, but people still try the tv drameh acting.

That's because they think nobody knows and it's hidden, thinking nobody has seen it. But reality is most families have some sort of problem, it's just some hide it well and put on an act. Nobody's family is perfect, but people still try the tv drameh acting.

It's often denial and them actually doing the gossiping to feel better about their own situation.

Other thing is, when these things happen in a family, the family are often the last to know - with everyone else being in the know way before.

How can we use sikhi to help people who are broken heal

Like how do we create a safe environment for them an how would it be done?

Healing takes time but with the right support it can be achieved. Gurdwaras are safe places as far as I know, all we need to do is connect these people with Sikhi.

This could easily be offered as a full time course by our community. It is a good way for generating funds to fund other important causes in the sikh community.

The community should get together and advertise classes in 'Chugliaan'' and charge every applicant a fixed fee. It should be offered as a full time course run annually. The classes should be held somewhere in the local community centre. The course should have a syllabus which must cover the following points:-

(a) Introduction.

(b) Basic principles of chugliaan.

© How to select your candidate/victim for your chugliaan.

(d) Special considerations for the suitability of the candidate, their age and sex.

(e) How to select suitable topic for the chugliaan.

(f) Paying special attention to how others feel.

(g) When to draw the line.

(h) Conclusion and Final thoughts................

Employ all the aunty jis and uncle jis with more than 20 years of experience in 'Chugliaan' as teachers, either as volunteers or on a payroll. We really need people that have done an in-depth study of how to do 'chugliaan.' It is a good way to earn money and keep them busy and out of mischief.

Hahahahahaha, don't forget the certificate at the end, (framed).

This could easily be offered as a full time course by our community. It is a good way for generating funds to fund other important causes in the sikh community.

The community should get together and advertise classes in 'Chugliaan'' and charge every applicant a fixed fee. It should be offered as a full time course run annually. The classes should be held somewhere in the local community centre. The course should have a syllabus which must cover the following points:-

(a) Introduction.

(b) Basic principles of chugliaan.

© How to select your candidate/victim for your chugliaan.

(d) Special considerations for the suitability of the candidate, their age and sex.

(e) How to select suitable topic for the chugliaan.

(f) Paying special attention to how others feel.

(g) When to draw the line.

(h) Conclusion and Final thoughts................

Employ all the aunty jis and uncle jis with more than 20 years of experience in 'Chugliaan' as teachers, either as volunteers or on a payroll. We really need people that have done an in-depth study of how to do 'chugliaan.' It is a good way to earn money and keep them busy and out of mischief.

Very funny!! Who is going to fund it?