Bc Sikhs Helping Syrian Refugees

GurburAkal

True it seems that western mainstream causes catch attention more. Many Sikh families in the Punjab that gave Shaheeds say they got absolutely no help from anyone. The Genocide victims also suffer greatly. But both the western and Indian media give no coverage to these victims, so our Sikh groups do the same. There are a few underfunded Sikh groups who are helping.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/sikh-community-syrian-refugees-1.3330872

Khalsa Jee, why do I feel that its not such a great idea to send them to the Khalsa Schools?

It says free tuition fees will be offered for one year only. So what will happen after a year? Will they go to mainstream schools? Or just get left with no schooling?

Guest Jacfsing2

What about the afghan sikhs?

Why have they bin ignored by majority of sikhs

Is it cause many sikhs only care about issues the mainstream media tells them to care about

It's called being politically correct, (the Non-Sikh media has influenced the "sikhs" to only help "certain groups"). Blessed by Guru Sahib himself, there are some organizations of real Sikhs who are willing to assist everyone and be the Bhai Khaniya of the world instead of using reverse discrimination. (They are; however, underfunded and most of their names most Sikhs would never have heard of).

From my experience Syrians are good people who appreciate what you do for them. Somali and desi muslims on the other hand are a different story who never appreciate a good gesture no matter what you do for them.

I'm not saying they are dangerous people I'm saying why we offering to send them to our schools, change the scheduled classes, and speak arabic for them when there are plenty of Muslim schools in the area ? And I don't think it would go very well when you have an all Sikh school and then a different religion maybe they could also get bullied. And I'm pretty sure they have Guru Granth Sahib Maharaj in their schools too.

I salute these great Sikhs who are doing this seva , but we also need to think it through a bit. They have good intentions but that doesn't mean there won't be problems

And for the refugees we should help them get started and give them the resources they need, but we shouldn't just keep giving them so much for a long time because they also need to work and earn money for themselves.