Taking Amrit Without A Full Kesh And Dhari?

Guest Deep

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Is it possible to take Amrit whilst you are still in the process of growing your kesh and dhari? I have been told that it is down to the discretion of the Panj Piyare carrying out the ceremony. I stopped cutting my hair over a month ago and it is still pretty short (about 2 inches) and my beard is only about a cm long at the moment. There is an Amrit Sanchar taking place near me in about a weeks time and I am a bit nervous because of this. I know it would make sense to wait but what if I get hit by a bus tomorrow? I'm not really willing to wait another 9.4 million lifetimes to get another chance.

Is there anyone out there that took Amrit who was in the same situation as me? If so what happened at your Amrit Sanchar ceremony? Were you allowed to go ahead with it?.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Deep

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

I'm not an expert, but If it doesn't look like you just got a fresh cut, then im pretty sure its acceptable. Kes = Uncut hair. You just have to be at the amrit sanchaar with your five kakaars. Kes/Keski Kanga kara Kirpan Kachera

Just go to the amrit sanchaar, if the Panj pyare agree then they let you .

If they do deny you then it is probably because they think you need to practice and keeping your hair for longer, but I think thats unlikely.

Elderly people become Amritdhari all the time. Most of them are bald. Other people I know also have hair loss problems.

Oh yeah, and if you do happen to die early, it is said that one who truly had the wish of receiving amrit before they passed, they are born again in an amritdhari family and are given another chance.