Amritdhari Wedding

waheguru27

Wjkk wjkf,

So, my family aren't amridhari sikhs however I am myself. I'd like to know more about the wedding ceremony.

Are amritdhari's allowed to have a wedding reception hall after the anand karaj ceremony? If they are what would be an acceptable celebration with family and friends?

Forgive me for saying anything wrong. I'd appreciate all comments and suggestions from sangat ji. :)

It's your wedding, so assuming your partner is also Amritdhari you should explain your thoughts to parents on both sides that a reception where filthy songs are played, women and men unashamedly dance with each other and where alcohol served is not in keeping with Gurmat.

Relatives who pressure the families will survive another day without getting plastered and making fools of themselves and might even learn something about an Amritdhari wedding in the process.

As an alternative to the reception. I would recommend that after the Anand Karaj invite Kavi's to sing dharmic geets. Should you reside in the UK, then Jago Vale Jatha are brilliant!

No alcohol or meat, not even for the guests. That's all I'd like to say.

The reason I say this is because some people bend over backwards to please the guests. It's your wedding Waheguru27 Ji, so as an Amritdhari, you should do as per your values and morals and your families decisions. My thinking is one should not please society at weddings but themselves.

Wjkk wjkf,

So, my family aren't amridhari sikhs however I am myself. I'd like to know more about the wedding ceremony.

Are amritdhari's allowed to have a wedding reception hall after the anand karaj ceremony? If they are what would be an acceptable celebration with family and friends?

Forgive me for saying anything wrong. I'd appreciate all comments and suggestions from sangat ji. :)

You can either have Langar and finish it there or hire a venue most Gurdwaras have them attached and book some round tables basically everything you see at a non Amridharis wedding but no meat, alcohol or DJ's - been to a few like that it was just you'd expect, also an egg less cake. :)

Thank you for your comments everyone :) your right simran345 i'm sure relatives and friends can survive another day without meat alcohol and music.

Thank you also for the recommendation InderjitS, I will bare the jatha in mind ? and Pakandi Baba, thank you for the suggestions.

If anyone else has any recommendations, please feel free to add to the ones given.

Thank you for your comments everyone :) your right simran345 i'm sure relatives and friends can survive another day without meat alcohol and music.

Thank you also for the recommendation InderjitS, I will bare the jatha in mind ? and Pakandi Baba, thank you for the suggestions.

If anyone else has any recommendations, please feel free to add to the ones given.