It's Official:

JagsawSingh

What we already know is now so official even the Hindus can't deny it although the India loving Sikhs will still erase it from their mind. Some of them (India supporting Sikhs) still hang on to outdated notions of the position of a Sikh, not realising what the reality actually is. For example, they often like to quote these 3 misconcptions:

1. Misconception: Punjab is the richest state in India. We're doing great there. Fact: Punjab stopped being the richest state in India many many years ago. Over the last 5 or 6 years it has been slipping lower and lower at an alarming rate and is now at a danger of slipping into the lower half of the table.
  2. Misconception: Sikhs have respect in India. The dastar has respect in India. Fact: Sikhs, are the national joke. That 'fact' is so inbedded and into the culture of India that it is absolutely 100% ok for children, TV stars, news, work managers etc to make these remarks about "how thick in the brain dept the sikh is". If thats 'respect', then please god give me disrespect anyday.
  3. Misconception: India is a free secular country in which Sikhs are equal 1st class citizens. Fact; Officially wrong !!! The following was published in India a couple of days ago. It shows that Sikhs in India suffer from exactly the same institutionalised prejudice within the system that blacks in America suffer from. Exactly the same. Now, bearing in mind how a Sikh is far less likely than a Hindu to be a member of a criminal tribe, far less likely than a Hindu to be homeless and thus desperate to steal etc the following results are absolutely startling. There are many institutions and over the years we, as Sikhs, have been handed example after example of how that institution sees Sikhs as little more than animals. For example within education the Indians keep telling us how much they dislike us in the way that they send our kids home from exams for wearing the 5 k's, send kids home for wearing the dastar etc. It keeps happening but we've remained asleep. But the recently released statistics about the Indian criminal justice system are damning beyond words. The stats show clearly what kind of a life, freedom and future a Sikh and his children have in India. The stats show clearly what India officialy thinks of his and his children's value as a human being. From arrest, to charge, to trial, to imprisonment.....the official Indian stats show clearly how the Sikhs are most persecuted community in India. The community MOST likely to have his freedom taken away from him and 3 times more likely to be imprisoned than a Hindu !!!!!!!!

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india/hindus-least-likely-to-be-jailed-sikhs-christians-most-likely/story-Og4PhnhYsPlVLJglKyeOKL.html

Stupider than racism itself are people with such low intelligence that they do not possess the mental capability to figure out for themselves the deeper context and meaning behind a message.

For example, someone like yourself who wasn't able to see how I used official Indian government figures to highlight how the exact same damning statistics affecting blacks in America also apply to Sikhs in India. We both....Sikhs in India and blacks in America....both occupy the exact same position in which the system sees us as sub-human and thus takes away our liberty and the public sees us as sub-human and thus takes away our dignity. In the case of the blacks in America, the racist system justifies the status quo by seeing the victims as sub-human "ni*gers". Thus, a thread of solidarity with black people in America in which stats are published showing we too have exactly the same level of institutionalised racism in India. And of course possess the exact same number of uncle toms too.

The lesson for you then, singhbjsingh, is to educate yourself a bit more. Understand context in a thing before wrongly misunderstanding a thing. So, once again, according to official Indian statistics, we suffer the same amount of institutionalised racism in India as the blacks do in America. We are officially 3 times more likely to lose our freedom than a Hindu, despite the fact that no Sikh belongs to one of the millions of official hindu 'criminal tribes/castes' and Sikhs do not have millions of homeless that have to steal to survive. Take things like that into account and the Indian system is around 800% more likely to take away the life and liberty of a Sikh than it is a Hindu.

Hindus = 240 prisoners per million people

Sikhs = 840 prisoners per million people

Fact most Sikhs have biharis as servants in punjab.

A 'Fact' already mentioned in my message, was the existence in our community of 'Uncle Tom' types, just as they exist in the American black community, so I don't think I need to respond in any detail to that remark.

At the end of the day, only 2 types of Sikhs can look at the official Indian statistics which clearly show that a Sikh in Hindu India is 3 times more likely than a Hindu to be arrested - 3 x more likely than a Hindu to be charged with an offence - 3 x more likely than a Hindu to be taken to court - 3 x more likely than a Hindu to be given a custodial sentence by a judge - 3 x more likely than a Hindu to lose his freedom and liberty, and yet still come to the conclusion that India is the country for Sikhs. Those 2 types of Sikhs are:

1. Blind ones or those sufering mental issues
  2. Uncle Toms

I'm surprised that Christians in India are in the same boat as us, yet I'm equally curious that Indian Muslims are spared this ignominious fate (the original Hindustan Times article highlights that fact). http://www.hindustantimes.com/india/hindus-least-likely-to-be-jailed-sikhs-christians-most-likely/story-Og4PhnhYsPlVLJglKyeOKL.html

I'd have thought the adherents of the white man's religion would've been safer compared to us. It also seems, as the official figures show, the followers of the religion spread by the once mighty Mughals have, on the whole, little reason for complaint. Very interesting.

A 'Fact' already mentioned in my message, was the existence in our community of 'Uncle Tom' types, just as they exist in the American black community, so I don't think I need to respond in any detail to that remark.

At the end of the day, only 2 types of Sikhs can look at the official Indian statistics which clearly show that a Sikh in Hindu India is 3 times more likely than a Hindu to be arrested - 3 x more likely than a Hindu to be charged with an offence - 3 x more likely than a Hindu to be taken to court - 3 x more likely than a Hindu to be given a custodial sentence by a judge - 3 x more likely than a Hindu to lose his freedom and liberty, and yet still come to the conclusion that India is the country for Sikhs. Those 2 types of Sikhs are:

1. Blind ones or those sufering mental issues
  2. Uncle Toms

Your even acting like a black person now :biggrin2: . with that huge chip on your shoulder.

Your even acting like a black person now :biggrin2: . with that huge chip on your shoulder.

Actually that reminds me Big Tera, I forgot all about you. Thanks for that. There is also a 3rd type of Sikh that will always be loving India no matter what the statistics show. So:

3. A mixture of numbers 1 and 2. An Uncle Tom who is also suffering from mental health issues.