Sikh Clash With Police In London

StarStriker

met police screwed EDL and tommy robinson many times inorder to undermine the movement and give it a bad name

same with Sikhs in london....Singhs should have all had a meeting before going to London that this is what your purpose is not showing ros majara to London citizens

India and UK are major trade partners and UK succumbs to Modis orders. The Kotakpura beadbi is specifically designed to hurt Sikhs psychologically and to create further poverty/ social unrest in Punjab. These are all plans to kill Sikhs off.

FYI i was in Jalandhar when this all started..now just like 84 everywhere in Punjab military vans and trucks are there

Punjab is in a dire state. the once rich Jatt farmers are not even getting paid for there crop. There is poverty and criminality and hopelesness everywhere. Inflation is so high people cant afford to buy lentils and wheat

Yes please lets use some logic. No army that fights on multiple fronts wins. A morcha is a front. So we r doing this to get media attention. Is that it? Will media attention solve our problems? Only if media n ppl n govts r willing to put pressure on india. If modi is coming to uk, it might be best to lie low until he gets here. Protests that r done when hes here might have more effect or might be suppressed harder. So we should think about which is better. Also i dont want to do anymore protests. Yes rajoana protest worked but how many havent. Tara Singh protest, 84 protests, bapu surat singh n darshan singh havent, why? Cuz a protest is not solution to anything. For darshan singh protest, he broke his fast, n we were protesting for his behalf n if he stopped then our protest uselessly without purpose. So in that case our priority should have been to encourage his fast, the visits ppl paid to him should have been done to tell him u did an ardaas, stick to it. U invoked the sikh panth, it is Is here, dont let it down. Instead the jathedars n sangat were ordering him to give up n he gave up twice cuz of them! Now no faith or trust or leverage left in hunger strikes...so our jobs should have been encouraging him, n as a sikh brother keeping him from faltering n going back on his ardaas and also constant media attention AND to prepare something drastic in case he becomes shaheed in his sangarsh. Only at that time a massive protest or unlawful behavior is acceptable, when something dreadful has happened. Not for prevention but for retaliation. For example there was a woman reporter in Ireland who wrote about drugdealers. Nobody listened to her, she was even roughed up by them and was on news. But some ppl thought she was making stuff up to get publicity. Then she was gunned down by drugdealers. Then ppl rose up against drugdealers n there were peaceful marches, but ppl also kicked out drugdealers from their neighborhoods, and there was lobbying and laws were passed. This eliminated drugdealer problem in country. This is a movie based on a true story...

Also protedts arent a good idea. We were doing one in san francisco n the protest temporarily blocked a road as we were walking. N some guy gets out of his car n starts telling. We dont care. Get off the road. The other ppl also looked angry. Also we dont know how.to do protests. Its always too coloful, too much food n music at the 84 protests at least, n no one explaining wat the protest is about. Also u cant say palestinians are violent and it works for them. They also had thousands of dead ppl including children and graphic pictures and this has been going on for a long time. Plus even with world support they dont achieve anything. We have two dead and even then instead of mentioning that we say 'our Holy book was ripped' we shud just say two ppl killed and massives wounded in peaceful protests attacked by police. Punjab in shutdown etc...

Mortal mouse sounds good to me. Sorry I don't live up to your version of Sikhi...sorry I like to use logic and reasoning. Sorry I advocate peace and harmony.

My intentions are not bad. I tell you that honestly. I look at things differently. I would rather analyze the facts and look at things from all angles, rather than jump on a bandwagon and get carried away by mob mentality. For example, in the video I saw, it shows a Singhni who crossed the police line, rushed the policeman who was standing on top of the vehicle making a video, and stuck a Nishaan Sahib with a long stick in his face. He then grabbed it, and another officer broke it so she couldn't use it as a weapon. THAT IS WHAT CAUSED NISHAAN SAHIB BEADBI. (in this particular case). If she hadn't misused the Nishaan Sahib and tried to stick it in his face, the beadbi would not have happened. (I think she was trying to put the Nishaan Sahib in front of his camera, but the police see a long stick being stuck in the face of an officer, and in the heat if the moment, that is considered a threat). This is what I mean by using logic. Has anyone told her that she shouldn't have misused the Nishaan Sahib like that? No..because it's never out fault. It's always someone else's fault. If this sort of thinking makes me a Mortal mouse, so be it.

Mortal mouse sounds good to me

Good. We're agreed then. Change it quickly.

Sorry I don't live up to your version of Sikhi

There is no "version" of Sikhi. There is only Sikhi.

I look at things differently. I would rather analyze the facts and look at things from all angles, rather than jump on a bandwagon and get carried away by mob mentality.

We all look at things differently. For instance your parents may look at you as a good Sikh boy whereas I see you as a weak mouse. So, you see, you celebrate this "looking at things differently" dichotomy only when it suits you and your purpose.

And what "bandwagon" is this, oh immortal warrior ? We, as Sikhs, are on this earth for, if nothing else, to protect the dignity and integrity of our living Guru who, as our 10th master proclaimed, is not physically with us to protect himself. So, to protect him is the very essence of the Sikh's existence so I don't understand what makes you think a Sikh that a Sikh that excercised his or her rights as a British citizen to protest outside the Embassy that enslaves us, massacres us and rapes us is "jumping on a bandwagon" ????

As for your other points, our entire history as a country without firearms and police that do not carry firearms has been based on the premise that a police force exists by the consent of the citizens. There are police in every country in the world now. Police in every city. But lets not ever forget that the world's first police force was in London. We still say we've been 'kopped' when we've been arrested without thinking how the rest of the world took that expression of ours many years later and they saw what was happening in London, also started a thing called 'police' and called them 'cops'.

So thats history. But history is extrisicaly connected with the present. Police forces around the world look up to where it all began. They (the police) exist because we allow them to exist (hence policing by consent). We allow them to exist purely because we expect them to conform to certain standards.

So, lets put ourselves in the shoes of the Met:

• A community that is officialy Britian' most law abiding community give them advance notice they will hold a protest (as is their democratic right to do so)
  • This community has been holding demonstrations at that same spot for 31 years and there has never ever been any trouble.
  • You (the Police) go to the spot where this community that has held a protest for 31 years, gave advance notice, and has never caused a problem.
  • You (the police) see them sitting and praying.
  • You (the police) see fit to put riot gear on your officers an wave batons.
  • You (the police) send in for riot horses.
  • You (the police) see fit to kettle this group including women, old women and children, for praying. (for those of you that don;t know what 'kettling' is it is something that police forces around the world have learn't from London and to be used to use un-democratic principles in democratic countries....It is when the Police deliberately set out to break the heart and soul of a protesting people by surrounding them from all sides, inprisoning them in a tiny contained space and breaking their spirit by denying them any hope of esacpe for several hours)
  • Old auntia. Young bacheh. All kettled because someone at the Met made the decision to kettle.
  • You (the police) after the event decide to tell the media that the reason to kettle was to stop 'disruption to traffic' without any sense of irony of your actions created a 17000% increase in traffic problems.

So, Akal Warrior, just how big is this box that you think you think outside of ??????????

Good. We're agreed then. Change it quickly.

There is no "version" of Sikhi. There is only Sikhi.

We all look at things differently. For instance your parents may look at you as a good Sikh boy whereas I see you as a weak mouse. So, you see, you celebrate this "looking at things differently" dichotomy only when it suits you and your purpose.

And what "bandwagon" is this oh immortal warrior ? We, as Sikhs, are on this earth for, if nothing else, to protect the dignity and integrity of our living Guru who, as our 10th master proclaimed, is not physically with us to protect himself. So, to protect him is the very essence of the Sikh's existence so I don't understand what makes you think a Sikh that a Sikh that excercised his or her rights as a British citizen to protest outside the Embassy that enslaves us, massacres us and rapes us is "jumping on a bandwagon" ????

As for your other points, our entire history as a country without firearms and police that carry firearms has been based on the premise that a police force exists by the consent of the citizens. There are police in every country in the world now. Police in every city. But lets not ever forget that the world's first police force was in London. We still say we've been kopped when we've been arrested without thinking how the rest of the world took that expression of ours many years they saw what was happening in London, also started a thing called 'police' and called them 'cops'.

So thats history. But history is extrisicaly connected with the present. They (the police) exist because we allow them to exist (hence policing by consent). We allow them to exist purely because we expect them to conform to certain standards.

So, lets put ourselves in the shoes of the Met:

• A community that is officialy Britian' most law abiding community give them adance notice they will hold a protest (as is their democratic right to do so)
  • This community has been holding demonstrations at that same spot for 31 years and there has never ever been any trouble.
  • You (the Police) go to the spot where this community that has held a protest for 31 years, gave advance notice, and has never caused a problem.
  • You (the police) see them sitting and praying.
  • You (the police) see fit to put riot gear on your officers an wave batons.
  • You (the police) send in for riot horses.
  • You (the police) see fit to kettle this group including women, old women and children, for praying. (for those of you that don;t know what 'kettling' is it is something that police forces around the world have learn't from London and to be used to use un-democratic principles in democratic countries....It is when the Police deliberately set out to break the heart and soul of a protesting people by surrounding them from all sides, inprisoning them in a tiny contained space and breaking their spirit by denying them any hope of esacpe for several hours)
  • Old auntia. Young bacheh. All kettled because someone at the Met made the decision to kettle.
  • You (the police) after the event decide to tell the media that the reason to kettle was to stop 'disruption to traffic' without any sense of irony of your actions created a 17000% increase in traffic problems.

So, Akal Warrior, just how big is this box that you think you think outside of ??????????

There is honestly no point arguing with you. We will never agree. You see me as weak because of how I feel towards violence and protests that only cause us harm. Using logic and reason is not a sign of weakness. Tell me this: did that Singhni not misuse the Nishaan Sahib and do beadbi by sticking it into the face of a cop? Can we at least agree on this?

There is honestly no point arguing with you. We will never agree. You see me as weak because of how I feel towards violence and protests that only cause us harm. Using logic and reason is not a sign of weakness. Tell me this: did that Singhni not misuse the Nishaan Sahib and do beadbi by sticking it into the face of a cop? Can we at least agree on this?

No. I don't see you as weak of body. I see you as weak of mind. Extremely weak of mind in that you cannot see how the protest turned "violent" tag only came about because of that one policeman that had blood coming out of his head and how that, in actual fact, only came about because a trigger happy sub-standard police force where waving thier batons about so much like demented hooligans they hit own colleauge on the head and face with one. If you still can't see the true picture then I agree with you....there is no point us having a conversation. You are blind way beyond a simple cataract proceddure. You are a man that has given yourself a username way beyond it's definiion. And that brings us back to your blindness. And that brings us back to how, on the internet (in contrast to the streets where Sikhs stand up for Sikhi) someone can willy nilly, without ryhme or reason, give himself the username of 'Akal Warrior'.

No. I don't see you as weak of body. I see you as weak of mind. Extremely weak of mind in that you cannot see how the protest turned "violent" tag only came about because of that one policeman that had blood coming out of his head and how that, in actual fact, only came about because a trigger happy sub-standard police force where waving thier batons about so much like demented hooligans they hit own colleauge on the head and face with one. If you still can't see the true picture then I agree with you....there is no point us having a conversation. You are blind way beyond a simple cataract proceddure. You are a man that has given yourself a username way beyond it's definiion. And that brings us back to your blindness. And that brings us back to how, on the internet (in contrast to the streets where Sikhs stand up for Sikhi) someone can willy nilly, without ryhme or reason, give himself the username of 'Akal Warrior'.

I have deleted this post. There is no point arguing back and forth. I have my way of looking at things, and you have yours. Peace.