Sikh Clash With Police In London

StarStriker

I see this differently. What does London have to do with whats going in India? We live in a civilized country that has nothing to do with whats happening in India, and we decide to start blocking streets out of protest? Protest to who? All that happened is we look like a bunch of unruly fanatics. If every religious group facing issues abroad started doing this, how would that work out? On Monday we have Syrians blocking the street demanding more refugees to come to UK, on Tuesday the jews protesting against hamas, Wednsday the Palestinians who want their voice to be heard about the conflict in Isreal, Thursday the an Ethipion group protesting why more aid is not being sent to their homeland...you see where I am going. This is NOT how to resolve issues.

England has nothing to do with this. They weren't the ones that did beadbi to Guru Maharaj. This is an Indian issue. You start acting like hooligans and fighting police,and then blame them for using force? How about we start acting like civilized members of society, and start using some logic and reasoning? How did what happned in London make Sikhs look? What was accomplished? The average non-Sikh will watch the clashes in India, then watch this clash and will come to the conclusion: "These Sikhs are just troublemakers wherever they go" (i'm not saying this is the case...but an average person may draw this conclusion)

Why do these people not go to India to join the protests?

Have to agree, I can understand the anger and frustration of Sikh's outside of India but protesting outside the Indian Embassy will achieve next to nothing, they don't care about anything at the best of times. Sikh's here in the UK took issue with the BBC (and other media outlets) for not reporting on what was going on in the Punjab then wouldn't it have made sense to protest outside of the BBC headquarters and give Sky News a ring (seeing as there is no love lost between the two) and get your point across.

After watching some of the video's from yesterday i do agree that the police were heavy handed but what these protesters have done is basically ripped up the reputation Sikhs have made for themselves in the UK, the actions of people today affect the future of those who grow up tomorrow.

Anger won't solve any problem's in Punjab, what's going on over there is a huge political game, having a mis-guided protest here in the UK which ended in Sikh's getting arrested won't solve anything, all it has done is bring negative publicity upon our community.