Jeevan

A real philosphical question.

You are born to your mother and father? If it was possible to build a time machine to stop your mother and dad being together but individually they both went on to be with other partners and have children - whose child would you be a) mother, b) father and the reasons for your answer?

A real philosphical question.

You are born to your mother and father? If it was possible to build a time machine to stop your mother and dad being together but individually they both went on to be with other partners and have children - whose child would you be a) mother, b) father and the reasons for your answer?

Life & soul I believe is carried by the fathers sperm/seed and mother's womb is the earth. Hypothetically speaking you would be born to your fathers new family.

Given the number of kathavachaks who have said that there are not enough high avasta mothers to give birth to those enlightened souls who want to return to do sewa ...I believe that the mother attracts the type of level kids she has ... think about the mothers of all the bhagats , mahan gursikhs even Guru Sahiban ...She is the portal between worlds ...

Depends how you want the answer, Scientifically you would cease to exist and create a paradox most likely. However If waheguru has ordained you to be born for a specific task then you shall be born, regardless what form or what physical appearance you would take.

I suppose if you cease to exist (physically) you're soul would most likely appear before the Divine Judge and I don't think he would be too thrilled about what you did.

Physically the egg and the sperm (both containing equal amounts of Data) may change but the soul would regardless to born again i.e you're self in the sense of soul would be the same.

Personally I wouldn't mess with time-travel lol. It's messy business if you go by current theories, leave it to The one who exists outside of time to handle how it flows.

It's a very deep question, I guess another question it raises is how far we as humans should meddle in nature.

Depends how you want the answer, Scientifically you would cease to exist and create a paradox most likely. However If waheguru has ordained you to be born for a specific task then you shall be born, regardless what form or what physical appearance you would take.

I suppose if you cease to exist (physically) you're soul would most likely appear before the Divine Judge and I don't think he would be too thrilled about what you did.

Physically the egg and the sperm (both containing equal amounts of Data) may change but the soul would regardless to born again i.e you're self in the sense of soul would be the same.

Personally I wouldn't mess with time-travel lol. It's messy business if you go by current theories, leave it to The one who exists outside of time to handle how it flows.

It's a very deep question, I guess another question it raises is how far we as humans should meddle in nature.

It's a question that my boys have asked me (deep deep thinkers asked about their deaths at 4) and on an instinctual level I said to them yes you'd be my children but you would look different and perhaps manifest slightly different behaviours (meme theory)

It's a question that my boys have asked me (deep deep thinkers asked about their deaths at 4) and on an instinctual level I said to them yes you'd be my children but you would look different and perhaps manifest slightly different behaviours (meme theory)

you're boys are on a good path if their asking questions like this. I spent far too long contemplating things, usually end up with a sore head lol. The Self is the biggest lie and also the biggest mystery for us as humans lol.

Given the number of kathavachaks who have said that there are not enough high avasta mothers to give birth to those enlightened souls who want to return to do sewa ...I believe that the mother attracts the type of level kids she has ... think about the mothers of all the bhagats , mahan gursikhs even Guru Sahiban ...She is the portal between worlds ...

Playing devil's advocate for a moment, the above conclusion reached by kathavachaks could be a convenient excuse for a lack of desire, motivation, and basic nous for someone to transcend their roots (in this case the low avastha of their mother), and not strive to struggle against the odds life has stacked against a person and achieve something notable in the grand scheme of life.

History points us in the opposite direction, whereby great individuals have been born to non-descript mothers who possess few, if any, remarkable qualities, be they spiritual or otherwise.

Of course, I'd be wrong to assume I know what hidden brilliance these women contained, but going back to the kathavachaks, I believe it's the age-old mentality of waiting and hoping for the perfect "Messiah" or Chosen One to return and provide a solution to our many problems; it's an approach that many religious leaders seem to spend their lives cultivating as a reason for why they and others are so helpless.

Simply put, they are blaming the mother, lol.

Aside from that I do agree with you in theory, but I'd temper those kathavachak generalisations with a bit of caution.

This doesn't make sense. Why would one make a time machine in order to separate the mother and father to get the answer to the question?

It's a straightforward simple question with a simple answer. You would be the child of both.

Time machine kitho ageyi? This is what is happening in the real world anyways, why put a time machine in the question. ?

People get divorced or separated, find new partners have their children etc etc, it's already happening, no need for the time machine.