He who runs after sprite Bhairav and goddess Sitla,

ਜੋ ਪਿਸਾਚ ਭੈਰੋ ਅਤੇ ਦੇਵੀ ਸੀਤਲਾ ਮਗਰ ਦੌੜਦਾ ਹੈ,

खर बाहनु उहु छारु उडावै ॥१॥

Kẖar bāhan uho cẖẖār udāvai. ||1||

he rides a donkey and scatters dust.

ਉਹ ਖੋਤੇ ਤੇ ਚੜ੍ਹਦਾ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ ਖੇਹ ਉਠਾਉਂਦਾ ਹੈ।

हउ तउ एकु रमईआ लैहउ ॥

Ha▫o ṯa▫o ek rama▫ī▫ā laiha▫o.

I take to the name of the One Lord alone.

ਮੈਂ ਤਾਂ ਕੇਵਲ ਇਕ ਸੁਆਮੀ ਦੇ ਨਾਮ ਨੂੰ ਹੀ ਲੈਂਦਾ ਹਾਂ।

आन देव बदलावनि दैहउ ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥

Ān ḏev baḏlāvan ḏaiha▫o. ||1|| rahā▫o.

I have given away all other goods in exchange for Him. Pause

ਮੈਂ ਹੋਰ ਸਾਰੇ ਦੇਵਤੇ ਉਸ ਦੇ ਵਟਾਂਦਰੇ ਵਿੱਚ ਦੇ ਛੱਡੇ ਹਨ। ਠਹਿਰਾਉ।

सिव सिव करते जो नरु धिआवै ॥

Siv siv karṯe jo nar ḏẖi▫āvai.

The man, who uttering the Name of Shiva and worships him;

ਜਿਹੜਾ ਇਨਸਾਨ ਸ਼ਿਵਜੀ ਦਾ ਨਾਮ ਉਚਾਰਦਾ ਅਤੇ ਉਸ ਦੀ ਪੂਜਾ ਕਰਦਾ ਹੈ;

बरद चढे डउरू ढमकावै ॥२॥

Baraḏ cẖadẖe da▫urū dẖamkāvai. ||2||

he rides on ox beats the tambourine.

ਉਹ ਬਲ੍ਹਦਾ ਤੇ ਚੜ੍ਹਦਾ ਅਤੇ ਡੱਫ ਵਜਾਉਂਦਾ ਹੈ।

महा माई की पूजा करै ॥

Mahā mā▫ī kī pūjā karai.

He who adores Mahanmai,

ਜੋ ਮਹਾਂਮਾਈ ਦੀ ਉਪਾਸ਼ਨਾ ਕਰਦਾ ਹੈ,

नर सै नारि होइ अउतरै ॥३॥

Nar sai nār ho▫e a▫uṯarai. ||3||

is born as a woman instead of man.

ਉਹ ਆਦਮੀ ਤੋਂ ਤੀਵੀਂ ਹੋ ਕੇ ਜੰਮਦਾ ਹੈ।

तू कहीअत ही आदि भवानी ॥

Ŧū kahī▫aṯ hī āḏ bẖavānī.

Thou art called the primal goddess,

ਤੂੰ ਮੁੱਢਲੀ ਦੇਵੀ ਆਖੀ ਜਾਂਦੀ ਹੈ,

मुकति की बरीआ कहा छपानी ॥४॥

Mukaṯ kī barī▫ā kahā cẖẖapānī. ||4||

at the time of granting salvation, where did you hide thyself.

ਮੁਕਤੀ ਦੇਣ ਦੇ ਵੇਲੇ ਤੂੰ ਕਿਥੇ ਆਪਦੇ ਆਪ ਨੂੰ ਲੁਕਾ ਲੈਨੀ ਹੈਂ?

गुरमति राम नाम गहु मीता ॥

Gurmaṯ rām nām gahu mīṯā.

Under the Guru instruction, O my friend Hold fast thou fast to the Lord's Name.

ਗੁਰਾਂ ਦੇ ਉਪਦੇਸ਼ ਤਾਬੇ, ਹੇ ਮੇਰੇ ਮਿੱਤਰ! ਤੂੰ ਸੁਆਮੀ ਦੇ ਨਾਮ ਨੂੰ ਘੁੱਟ ਕੇ ਫੜੀ ਰੱਖ।

प्रणवै नामा इउ कहै गीता ॥५॥२॥६॥

Paraṇvai nāmā i▫o kahai gīṯā. ||5||2||6||

Prays Namdev so says the Geeta as well

ਨਾਮ ਦੇਵ ਬੇਨਤੀ ਕਰਦਾ ਹੈ, ਗੀਤਾ ਭੀ ਇਸੇ ਤਰ੍ਹਾਂ ਹੀ ਆਖਦੀ ਹੈ।

Can u plz tell me from where did u get these shabads.. I mean u just googled it or from some app. If it’s from an app can u plz mention the name of that app. I really liked that it gives translations in punjabi too 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kaur72 said:

Can u plz tell me from where did u get these shabads.. I mean u just googled it or from some app. If it’s from an app can u plz mention the name of that app. I really liked that it gives translations in punjabi too 

sure type in sri granth..in google..and explore the rest.

I have downloaded Gurbani nirvaan, which is an app. It is awesome as the search is so easy that you just have to type the first letters of the words of shabads and the whole shabad comes up. It has transliteration too. 

Edited by sikhni777
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A tuchh wadeeayee of  Beant Wahiguru Akal Purukh

For endless ages, there was only utter darkness. There was no Earth or sky; there was only His Command. There was no day or night, no Moon or Sun; God sat in primal and profound meditative position.

There were no sources of speech or food, no air or water. There was no creation or destruction, no birth or death. There were no continents, regions, seven oceans, rivers or flowing water.

There were no heavenly realms, Earth or nether regions of the underworld. There was no destruction or time. There was no hell or heaven, no birth or death, no cycle of reincarnation.

There was no Brahma, Vishnu or Shiva.

No one was seen, except the One Lord. There was no female or male, no social class or caste to be born into; no one experienced pain or pleasure.

There were no people of celibacy or charity; no one lived in the forests.

There were no saints or seekers of living in peace. There were no yogis, no wandering pilgrims, no religious robes; no one called himself the master. There was no chanting or meditation, no self-discipline, fasting or worship.

No one spoke or talked in duality.

He Himself created and rejoiced; He Himself valued everything.

There was no purification, no self-restraint, no rosary beads. There were no Gopis, no Krishna, no cows or cowherds. There were no tantras, no mantras and no hypocrisy; no one played the flute.

There was no karma, no dharma, no buzzing fly of Maya. Social class and birth were not seen with any eyes. There was no emotional attachment, no death inscribed upon the forehead; no one meditated on anything. There was no slander, no seed, no soul and no life. There was no Gorakh and no Maachhindra.

There was no spiritual wisdom or meditation, no ancestry or creation, no reckoning of accounts. There were no castes or social classes, no religious robes, no Brahmin or Kh'shaatriya.

There were no demi-gods or temples, no cows or Gaayatri prayer. There were no burnt offerings, no ceremonial feasts, no cleansing rituals at sacred shrines of pilgrimage; no one worshipped in adoration.

There were no Muslims, there was no Qazi. There was no Shaykh, or pilgrims to Mecca.

There was no king and no worldly egotism; no one spoke of himself.

There was no love or devotion, no Shiva, no energy or matter.

There were no friends or companions, no semen or blood.

He Himself has been the banker, and He Himself has been the merchant.

There were no Vedas, Korans or Bibles, no Simritees or Shaastras. There was no recitation of the Puraanas, no sunrise or sunset.

The Unfathomable Lord Himself was the speaker and the preacher; the unseen Lord Himself saw everything.

When He so willed, He created the world. Without any supporting power, He sustained the Universe.

He created Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva.

He fostered enticement and attachment to Maya.

Rare is the person who listens to the word of the Guru's Shabad.

He created the creation, and watches over it; His command is over all.

He formed the planets, solar systems, nether regions and brought what was hidden to manifestation.

No one knows His limits.

This understanding comes from the perfect Guru. O Nanak, those who are attuned to the Truth are wonderstruck; singing His glorious praises, they are filled with wonder (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 1035).

He established the Earth, the sky and the air, the water of the oceans, fire and food. He created the Moon, the stars and the Sun, night and day and mountains; He blessed the trees with flowers and fruits.

He created the demigods, human beings and the seven oceans; He established the three worlds (life in water, on land and in the air) (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 1399).

Not the Sun, the Moon, the planets, the seven continents, the oceans, food, or the wind - nothing is permanent. You alone, Lord, You alone (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 144).

In the heavenly paradise, in the nether regions of the underworld, on the planet Earth and throughout the galaxies, the One Lord is pervading everywhere (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 207).

There are billions of regions and planets. There are billions of moons, suns and stars (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 275).

Many millions are the fields of creation and galaxies. Many millions are the skies and solar systems. Many millions are divine incarnations. He has unfolded Himself in so many ways. He has expanded His expansion of creation many times. Forever and ever, He is the One, the One Universal Creator. Many millions are created in various forms. From God they emanate, and into God they merge once again. His limits are not known to anyone. O Nanak, God exists by Himself. (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 276).

He created the Sun and the Moon; night and day, they move according to His Will (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 580).

Only call the One permanent (immortal), who does not have destiny inscribed upon His Forehead. The Sky and the Earth will pass away; He alone is permanent. The day and the Sun will pass away; the night and the Moon will pass away; the hundreds of thousands of stars will disappear. He alone is permanent; Nanak speaks the truth (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 64).

There are planets, solar systems and galaxies. If one speaks of them, there is no limit, no end.

There are worlds upon worlds of His creation.

As He commands, so they exist.

He watches over all, and contemplating the creation, He rejoices.

Nanak says, it is really hard to describe (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 8).

You Yourself created the Earth and the two lamps: the Sun and the Moon (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 83).

Sat Sree Akal.

• Like 2