Characteristics of a true lover/disciple/sewadar, of Wahiguru

Raag Sarang, Bani Sree Guru Amar Das

ਨਾਨਕ ਸੇਵਕੁ ਸੋਈ ਆਖੀਐ ਜੋ ਸਿਰੁ ਧਰੇ ਉਤਾਰਿ

Naanak Saevak Soee Aakheeai Jo Sir Dhharae Outhaar ||

नानक सेवकु सोई आखीऐ जो सिरु धरे उतारि

O Nanak, he alone is called a selfless servant, who cuts off his head, and offers it to the Lord.

ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕਾ ਭਾਣਾ ਮੰਨਿ ਲਏ ਸਬਦੁ ਰਖੈ ਉਰ ਧਾਰਿ ॥੧॥

Sathigur Kaa Bhaanaa Mann Leae Sabadh Rakhai Our Dhhaar ||1||

सतिगुर का भाणा मंनि लए सबदु रखै उर धारि ॥१॥

He accepts the Will of the True Guru, and enshrines the Shabad within his heart.

In the above couplet, Sree Guru Amar Maharaj, describes us in simple and clear words, the characteristics of a true lover/seeker/sewadar of Wahiguru.

First of all He says that, one has to cut one´s head and offer it to Him, this means to remove one´s haume, ahankar or ego, and put on the dress of humility, which He likes to see in His bride souls, for only those who vacate the vikar of  ahankar, of  Iness, from within, can enter in His abode.

One can not go there as an individual identity, as a man or woman, or this or that entity, which is very much present in the mayavee Phenomena creation.

Before entering there we have to cast off, all our limitations, our coverings, and become a pure drop of the Light of Wahiguru, through love and devotion at His Lotus Feet.

Only by removing the Iness from within, can we truly stay in His Bhana, His Hukum, His Mauj, in order to understand fully Gurbani as it is, and then only can engage in the true bhakti of Naam Simran within.

Sat Sree Akal.

Attitude and state of mind

1.While working or performing our duties we always focus on doing everything correct outside.

Our state of mind being perfect is rarely our priority.

Similarly while performing our religious rituals, sometimes our focus is on external perfection, rather than feeling perfect while we are doing it.

2. Our intention for praying and performing rituals should be out of love for God, not fear of God.

Sometimes we perform rituals for success in our endeavors. 

Prayers and rituals are for increasing soul power. A powerful soul will achieve success in whatever they do.

3. When we focus on accuracy of rituals, we believe that everything will be right and we will be successful only if the ritual is accurate externally.

We create stress and fear, and these two emotions reduce soul power.

Accuracy is important, but most important is accuracy of state of mind.

4. We feel pure and peaceful WHILE praying and performing rituals.

But we need to internalise the prayer and the meaning of the ritual so that we feel purity and peace ALWAYS and radiate purity in our EVERY thought, word and action.

On ‎25‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 3:59 PM, harsharan000 said:

Prayer

What does one get by prayer?

I gained nothing.

In fact I lost anger, depression, jealousy, irritation & insecurity.

Swami Vivekananda.

This manmat post should not be approved here.  Since it's a thread on bhakti only the Guru's instructions are correct.  Bhakti by this poster (cult leader) has been given an ambiguous meaning to serve his own purpose of promoting his selfish beliefs and to receive praise.  Next some other posters will start quoting Tupac Shakur under this thread and say the quote has wisdom.  Again it will be ignoring the factor of how wisdom in Sikhi is given by the Guru only.  Any other person in this world can't match the Guru and his or her quotes must be kept out of discussions about bhakti.  Only time such writing should be brought up is to show their short comings.  This harsharan poster claims to be learned in Sikhi.  For the last couple of days he has used very disgusting insults to say he knows all and I am uneducated.  Although he can't see the shortcomings of the above quote.  The above quoted swami did not have the Guru as his teacher.  Instead the swami wanted to follow his own trial and error process and called this practice; following the soul.  The above quote excites those minds which have not tasted the Amrit of Gurbani.  Hence they quote bland quotes here to receive praise and get others to be like them.  When a Sikh buys into these manmat quotes, the quote takes the Sikh away from the Guru.  The Sikh mind attaches it's thought process to the teaching's in the quote and goes astray.  Anand Sahib says to Sikhs to come and sing the Bani of the Guru and don't listen to the false teachings even if they repeat har har.  Their minds are attached to falsehood. 

4 hours ago, Akalifauj said:

This manmat post should not be approved here.  Since it's a thread on bhakti only the Guru's instructions are correct.  Bhakti by this poster (cult leader) has been given an ambiguous meaning to serve his own purpose of promoting his selfish beliefs and to receive praise.  Next some other posters will start quoting Tupac Shakur under this thread and say the quote has wisdom.  Again it will be ignoring the factor of how wisdom in Sikhi is given by the Guru only.  Any other person in this world can't match the Guru and his or her quotes must be kept out of discussions about bhakti.  Only time such writing should be brought up is to show their short comings.  This harsharan poster claims to be learned in Sikhi.  For the last couple of days he has used very disgusting insults to say he knows all and I am uneducated.  Although he can't see the shortcomings of the above quote.  The above quoted swami did not have the Guru as his teacher.  Instead the swami wanted to follow his own trial and error process and called this practice; following the soul.  The above quote excites those minds which have not tasted the Amrit of Gurbani.  Hence they quote bland quotes here to receive praise and get others to be like them.  When a Sikh buys into these manmat quotes, the quote takes the Sikh away from the Guru.  The Sikh mind attaches it's thought process to the teaching's in the quote and goes astray.  Anand Sahib says to Sikhs to come and sing the Bani of the Guru and don't listen to the false teachings even if they repeat har har.  Their minds are attached to falsehood. 

First of all this is not  a manmat post.

It is your wicked comments and your lies as cult personified, which should not be approved, neither here nor anywhere else.

Please do not come and vomit your moorakhta within this thread, if at all you still want  to vomit, start a new thread by yourself, where you take out your poison, and give it the title:  agyanta and manmat of a perfect cult  akalifauj

Since it's a thread on bhakti only the Guru's instructions are correct. 

Yes, this thread is on bhakti, that is why I ask you to leave and stop polluting here the sangat with your antigurmat interpretations.

Gurus´ instructions are indeed perfect and matchless, but it is your ahankaar and malice, which does let even a drop of them get into you

Bhakti by this poster (cult leader) has been given an ambiguous meaning to serve his own purpose of promoting his selfish beliefs and to receive praise. 

What a proffessional liar and cult you are.

What or how ambiguous meaning am I giving? 

And you accuse me of selfish beliefs?  You must surely be out of your senses.

My only belief is, Wahiguru and Akal Purukh and Guru Jee, apart from that I recognize none, and my posts are proof of what I am saying. But of course you being a manmukh cult, how can you ever perceive it, when all others have no object, you come with your polluted nonsense. This by itself is a proof of you being a retarded cult, making a fool of yourself.

And as such a cult, you like to control the freedom of expression and manipulate people with your  agyanta, ahankaar, jealousy, lies... And when you do not suceed  in it, you start looking for quarrels and disharmony among the sangat, shame on you!

You have no right to pressure on pepole upon what they write, or why they like this or that ... 

After all, who are you to do so?  With what right you do so?   This is a clear sign, of you being a cult, and a huge amount of garbage accumulated in your mind.

Next some other posters will start quoting Tupac Shakur under this thread and say the quote has wisdom. 

What others may do, that is not your problem, if they do any nonsense as you, they  will be informed in not doing so, plus the Admin has full authority in sacking them away. You just worry for yourself, in becoming truthful to sikhee, after throwing away your cult beliefs and ahankaar, by which you are fully possesed

Again it will be ignoring the factor of how wisdom in Sikhi is given by the Guru only. 

Nobody is ignoring sikhee, neither underestemating Sikhi.

The real wisdom in Sikhee giving by the Gurus, is only obtained by practicing or putting into action Sikhee, not parroting as you do.

Any other person in this world can't match the Guru and his or her quotes must be kept out of discussions about bhakti.

Do you even have an idea what is bhakti, apart from your missionary and cultist beliefs?

Only time such writing should be brought up is to show their short comings. 

My writings are not shortcomings, rather your polluted and corruped mind  are your own visible shortcomings

This harsharan poster claims to be learned in Sikhi.  For the last couple of days he has used very disgusting insults to say he knows all and I am uneducated. 

Again you are lying. Nowhere I have ever claimed me knowing Sikhee more or less. In fact a sikh means a learner, a student, so am I, though an imperfect sikh of Guru Jee.

What you call as disgusting insults, are nothing else, but just a reflection of what you project first. 

You want me to praise you or like your posts?  Surely  I will do so, only if you first become a truthful and a respectful person. But then why only me? Everyone will shower you with likes. The choice is yours.

Although he can't see the shortcomings of the above quote.  The above quoted swami did not have the Guru as his teacher.  Instead the swami wanted to follow his own trial and error process and called this practice; following the soul.  The above quote excites those minds which have not tasted the Amrit of Gurbani.  Hence they quote bland quotes here to receive praise and get others to be like them.  When a Sikh buys into these manmat quotes, the quote takes the Sikh away from the Guru.  The Sikh mind attaches it's thought process to the teaching's in the quote and goes astray.  Anand Sahib says to Sikhs to come and sing the Bani of the Guru and don't listen to the false teachings even if they repeat har har.  Their minds are attached to falsehood. 

Definetely your mind seems to be agitated, so you have no clarity neither in your thoughts, nor in your expressions.

Do you even know what is prayer?

Prayer is a communication between the soul and the divine. And souls are not limited to Sikhee alone. all the living beings have jeev atma. other dharams may adore other entities, but still they know what is prayer, and so they do.

For example in hindusim, an elephant in times of distress prayed Vishnu for help, when his life was in danger, and the legend says, Vishnu came and rescued the elephant from the clutches of death at the hands of a crocodile.

And there are different instances where it is known, people praying got help from the divine.

So if you put your manmat forward and limit the freedom of others, it is absolutely clear, you are a cult personified.

One more thing, do not judge any mahapurkhs of other dharams, such as Swami Vivekananda, you have no right.

A small lamp can not be compared to  a sun, but nevethless it gives light according to its limitations at the best.

In a similar way, mahapurukhs of other dharmas can not be ever compared to our Guru Sahiban, but even then, their limited small light is better than the darkness you promote.

Sat Sree Akal.

Raag Raamkali

Dhan Dhan Satguru Arjan Dev Maharaj.

ਜਪਿ ਜਪਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਪੂਜੇ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਪੈਰ
Jap Jap Naam Poojae Prabh Pair
जपि जपि नामु पूजे प्रभ पैर
By chanting and meditating on the Name,  worshipping God's feet.

ਅਨਦ ਰੂਪ ਪ੍ਰਗਟਿਓ ਸਭ ਥਾਨਿ
Anadh Roop Pragattiou Sabh Thhaan
अनद रूप प्रगटिओ सभ थानि
God, the embodiment of bliss, becomes manifest everywhere.

Sat Sree Akal.